Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Free MasterCook Cookbooks To Download

Fantastic sites! Thanks SO much for posting these! I am going to be busy on my Mastercook for a while!!!

Thanks again! [img]smile.gif[/img]

slave2cats Guest

I just found MasterCook Deluxe 6.2 at SoftwareCraze.com for $12.95 US.

Bethanne

mrszotz Guest

bump

Replies

Hi, all. [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] I couldn't access the Mad recipe site through the above address, but they have a new one.

http://madsrecipes.noneto.com/

Haven't had time to look too far into it yet, but will soon. Thanks for posting the original site.

Edit: Here's another site I found on another thread that looks great too: http://mc6help.tripod.com/

PAT

Thanks for the updated url, Kittycat. That post was made back in December 2001. I edited the url to use the correct one. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Replies

Thanks frisky for the link! it's terrific!
    I saw Mastercook at Target today (6.0) for $19.95 so I think I'll shop online!
    Thanks again!
    Fawn

Replies

WARNING: Those files are from the older points program that had no cap on points so the points may not be correct today!
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Excellent point. Since some round up, some down, and some like to use exact points, it's always a good idea to double check and refigure points on any new recipes. Ingredients listed as "Unknown Items" under the Nutrition tab aren't included in the calories displayed. That needs to be looked at and taken into account.

Somewhere, long, long ago, perhaps in the other thread that has even more recipes for the ladies to download and import, the fiber cap was mentioned.

The question was brought up not long ago about items considered as zero points like veggies being added to recipes. Should they be excluded from the total calories by using an asterisk at the end of the item or left in? Dunno. I let mine be counted in the recipe.

Anyway, good point, QuilterinVa. It's always a good idea to recheck. Some of us run tight with points and point too much can be the difference between a loss, gain, or maintaining.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

bump
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!

10. Angry

WWWWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! It won't open for me!!!

Something is wrong with the link!!

The original link was posted December 2001. When clicking on it after this thread was bumped up again, the new address was displayed along with a suggestion to update your Bookmarks/Favorites.

http://www.madsrecipes.com/

The viewer is still there along with lots of new cookbooks. It's still a great site! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Last edited by Frisky; 08-10-2004 at 06:54 PM.

caramia Guest

Smile

Looks like the site name changed to: http://www.madsrecipes.com/

13. Default Re: Free MasterCook Cookbooks To Download

I suggest that everyone should try the software called NOW YOUR COOKING! You can get it at www.download.com I have used it for years. It puts Mastercook to shame. It can import all the mastercook recipes, and it has a points calculator built in, and a nutrician calculator built in.

if that like does not work try the original web site. http://www.ffts.com/

Replies

Default Re: Free MasterCook Cookbooks To Download

Bumping up for new forum
    (Momma25) Momma to five
    http://www.realfoodliving.com
    In remission from Acute Leukemia
    Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!
    218/in-between/125

noahsnana Guest

Quote Originally Posted by treadle
    O.K. I have NO idea how to "zip" or "unzip" anything!! LOL...However, I did buy some zip disks and have bookmarked this site for when I figure it all out. Thanks...it looks like a really good site. I ordered Mastercook Light so will be receiving it soon...thanks again..Tricia [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Master Cook Light???? I can't find a such thing. I see the Master Cook 8.0 and the Low Carb.

Quote Originally Posted by noahsnana
    Master Cook Light???? I can't find a such thing. I see the Master Cook 8.0 and the Low Carb.
    Back in December 2001, there may have been a Master Cook Light mentioned by Treadle.

:bcbsalute

There is a MC Cooking Light program. It wasn't very popular and is hard to find. It didn't interface well with other MC programs. I think that is probably why they quit manufacturing it. I have it and I don't like it.

You can go online to several Yahoo groups that are all about MC Cooking light and join the groups and download cooking light recipes complete in cookbooks with the Cooking Light magazine covers for the cookbooks.

Be forewarned that if you do this, you will have to tweak each and every recipe to get a proper MC nutritional analysis as they will download into your MC program but they are not worded in MC ingredient form.
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Replies

Bumping the thread

Thanks Keri! Now that I have a version that will work with these, I'll be on the search for new cookbooks. I just upgraded from version 3 to the 8 that was on clearance at Target yesterday.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

For those of you without Master Cook, Version 8 is currently on clearance at Target for $13.98. I think its around the country because I live in Dallas and it was on clearance there and I am in upstate NY this weekend and its on clearance here too.
    Arlene Dallas

Replies

Smile Re: Free MasterCook Cookbooks To Download

Thank You, Thank You! This is a wonderful site.
    Lilly - My heart rejoices in the Lord; in the Lord my horn is lifted high. I Samuel 2:1

Quote Originally Posted by cybergranny
    Wow! I'm with Lissa! My cd burner will be busy upgrading my mastercook files!
    Can you tell me how to back up MastercoooK? Thanks
    ~*~ Amy

There is a backup capability within Mastercook. You access it from the File menu.
    Abby

SW: 285 (1/1/08)
    CW: 179

"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time."

Thank you. Do you know the back up name? I back up everything to www.xdrive.com since my computer crashed in January and I lost soooo much.
    ~*~ Amy

The backup utility creates a folder named Backup where ever you put it and copies which ever collections you want into the folder.
    Abby

SW: 285 (1/1/08)
    CW: 179

"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast