Thread: Size 11!!!!

Replies

I was at the mall the other night and wanted to try on a pair of pants but they didn't have Size 13, so on a whim
    I picked up a size 11 and snuck into the dressing room fully expecting to not be able to put them on. Well imagine
    my surprise when they fit!!!! So I went out and picked up about 5 other pairs of size 11 just to see if there was a mistake
    in the sizing of the original pair. Nope no mistake. So then I went to another store and did the same thing!!
    I honestly cannot remember being size 11 in my life, what a great feeling.
    Just wanted to share.

Replies

Congratulations, that's wonderful!! Strut your stuff!
    Milena
    SW 265.6 / CW 149.00/ Goal 150.00<br />Onederland - 08/22/02<br />OP Since Jan 27, 2002<br />Pounds down: 112.4<br />Non-smoker as of April 26, 2003<br />Picturetrail Album - milenapam<br />Goal Reached July 31, 2003

momof2girls Guest

WOW! That must have been exciting. I have a pair of jeans in a size 16 in my closet. On sunday (just to see) I decided to try them on. Well, not only did I button them up....but today I am wearing them. I was shocked. My summer goal is to be in a size 12. What size did you start at and how long did it take you to get into size 11?

Congrats again!

Angie [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Replies

Hi there, a year ago August, so that's August 2001, I was fitting a size 18/20 from Cotton Ginny Plus. So that makes 15 months. But you know what's so weird that I've found out? That's that sizes are so arbitrary. Right now I'm wearing Levi's button fly super slim denims in a size 34, I can't fit a 15 Nevada jeans from the Sears Catalogue, I fit size 14 dresses, and I fit size 11 pants in some stores. What a range! All that time when I was bigger I somehow thought that a smaller size was written in stone, but now I know that I can be all kinds of sizes according to someone else's idea of what a number means. What a breakthrough!
    The hardest(saddest?) part of this is that I still can't see a difference, even though others do all the time. Still working on that self image thing. In one of my courses at school this year, called The Body's Ways of Knowing, we read and talked about the brain and how it serves as the thing that creates our imagery and therefore our reality. So in some way, after 34 years of being big, my brain had created it's image of me as a bigger person and doesn't want to budge, and now it's up to me to re-wire it to include this new imagery. Does anyone else find this? And what do you do to REALLY see the new you in the mirror?
    thanks
    nancy

Replies

Absolutley great news! 1 month ago, I tried on 2 pairs of jeans in my closet, never worn size 12 and wowo they fit great! Now they are starting to bag a bit and that's great news! Isn't fitting into things fun?
    Fawn
    sw 172.2
    cw 154.2 (1st 10% last week, actually 1 lb more for 18)
    wwg 140 ish
    pwg 136 [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    sw172.2/cw135.8/wwg140/pwg136<br />412 gone forever!!!<br />ya ya name<br />Queen Chirps Like A Bluejay<br />25# magnet 3/17/03<br />made goal 6/23/03<br />made lifetime 8/6/03<br /><br />"I am a star with a good supporting cast."
    again committed 1/09
    sw 153.4/ cw 148.2/ wwg 140

Beth7Happy Guest

Wow, WOW, Angie, Nancy and Fawn!! GREAT job, you gals!!!!!!! I'm anxious to catch up..uhhh.. I mean DOWN to y'all!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] CONGRATS!!!!

Replies

Congrats to YOU!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

Congratulations!
    Deby
    Deby<br />*05/10/04<br />CW 220<br />(*Back after 1 year)

Congratulations, Nancy! Keep up the good work!
    Tami<br />181/138/137<br />43 pounds gone forever!<br />5' 5 1/2"<br />33 years old<br />Mom to Justin (he's my avatar and he's 2)<br />Wife to James<br /><br />In the battle of the bulge, I'm winning!

Replies

[img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    *~* biz *~*

Do or do not .. there is no try!

Charline1009 Guest

Congratulations!

Whooooooo Hooooooooo. I feel so happy for you. That's awesome! Keep it up.

GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] I WILL BE JOINING YOU ONE DAY .

Congrats to you!!!! I cant wait to have that kind of joy!!!! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

coop how awsome [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] that is so wonderful , you must be so excited i rember when i went to the reg size clothes at catos and some fit ,you just enjoy those 11s you earned 'em katb [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    sw/296.0
    cw/203.4 size 16 lol
    its never too late to BE what you might have been. author unknown

Beth613 Guest

I was wearing 16W jeans when I started WW in October. Around Christmas I was going through a box of my "thin" clothes and found a bunch of jeans in a size 14 that I tried on just for fun. They fit!!

Today I went shopping, thinking that since I've made my 10% I'd buy some new pants for work. Imagine my surprise when the 14s were too big! Though they weren't actually jeans but were slacks for work, I still managed to fit in the size 12s! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Nancy,
    I just wanted to make a comment on how we see ourselves. I have the same problem you do. I look at myself and see a big person. I know that I am wearing a smaller size but I cannot see where I have lost it. I look the same when I look in the mirror. When someone tells me how thin I am I always say thank you but I don't believe what they are saying. I don't know how to turn around that thought process. I guess we just have to keep trying.
    Lanie
    Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7<br />SW199<br />GW 175<br />CW 172<br />PG 155<br />Made lifetime Jan 23, 2002 but due to many stresses and bad eating habits I am now back up to 172 from 155. I am working on it.<br />YA YA Name: Countess Whispering Thunder

WHOOPS!!!! Forgot to congratulate you. A size 11 is GREAT!
    Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7<br />SW199<br />GW 175<br />CW 172<br />PG 155<br />Made lifetime Jan 23, 2002 but due to many stresses and bad eating habits I am now back up to 172 from 155. I am working on it.<br />YA YA Name: Countess Whispering Thunder

WHOOPS!!!! Forgot to congratulate you. A size 11 is GREAT!

NewMeIn2003 Guest

Congratulations. Enjoy your new size. Jan

Replies
    Blog Entries

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!!
    273.8/266.8/164
    restart 1 November 14