Thread: Cranberry mustard

Replies

Anybody tried this? I found some at Hickory Farms, tasted it (YUM!), but didn't want to pay that much for it. So I found some at Walmart that was half the price and tasted pretty much the same.

If you want to kick up your turkey sandwiches a little, try this great condiment!
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Replies

[img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Hi Katie, sounds really good.. what brand did you find @ Walmart??

thanks
    Joanna

Ya-Ya Name ~Princess Sparrow Hawk ~

Recommitted 2-13-04 ~ Lifetime since 9-11-90
    Heaviest weight ~ 135.6 ~ Recommit weight ~ 135.6 (2-13-04)
    Current weight ~ 120.9 (8-27-04)

WW goal ~ 105, My goal ~ 99 (my weight when I made lifetime - I'm 4' 11" tall!!)

~~~ "Nothing's forgotten. Nothing is ever forgotten." ~~~ Robin of Sherwood

Replies

Hi, Joanna! It's Prima Della brand & I believe it's a Walmart brand. Hope you can find it and try it!
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

I'm going to look for this when I go shopping this a.m. Thank you!

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna, We have the same spelling on our lst. name?? I have never "met" anyone with the same spelling before.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

Does it have a points value? It sounds good. Never had it before so I might look for it. Hickery Farms comes to our Mall in the Xmas season. We also have Walmart and I'm thinking of going there today or tomorrow.

Ashlee
    Be the change that you want to be.

Replies

I get cranberry mustard at Trader Joes and love it. Not sure of the brand name, though. It is fantastic on a fat free hot dog or on a turkey sandwich.

Dawna

Hmmm. Love mustard, love cranberries, never thought of putting the two together (hey, you got peanut butter on my chocolate!). Sounded icky at first but I'll try it cause of the glowing reviews.
    360/260.2/160

Replies

Ashlee, the mustard I got is 10 cal per teaspoon--0 fat and 0 fiber. I have feeling that they're all different depending on the maker.

Now, I saw another cranberry mustard that was tan in color, but the one I got is a deep maroon color. I also noticed that Sara Lee makes a cranberry mustard, and it was displayed on the deli counter right above the Sara Lee turkey.

I'm loving this stuff and even had it today on a hot dog, which was pretty good!

Hope you guys get some! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    *He leadeth me.

Replies

I want to try this mustard! Love mustard and cranberries. Found it at Hickery Farms - 2 for $8.99 so you can buy 2 of the same or 1 hot mustard and 1 cranberry. Haven't bought it yet.
    I don't think it had the calories on the bottle.

I checked at Walmart here - they don't have it.

I might check Hickery Farms for a web site and see if they have the calories, etc. on there.

However, if I don't find the calories, etc. for it, I'll try it anyway.

Thanks Katie.

Ashlee
    Be the change that you want to be.

I'm happy to report that I liked it! Had it on a turkey sandwich today. May have to branch out cause the leftover turkey's almost gone. [img]graemlins/ugh.gif[/img]

Ashlee-- the one I bought had 10 calories a teaspoon and no fat or fiber.
    360/260.2/160

Replies

I haven't tried this, but it looks very interesting:

Cranberry Mustard
    (from DIY Network)

Ingredients:

1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
    1 cup water
    1/2 cup dry mustard
    1/4 cup honey
    2 Tbs. cider vinegar
    1/2 tsp. salt
    1 tsp. finely grated orange rind

Preparation:

Boil 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries in water for 1 to 2 minutes until the skins pop. Drain the cranberries, reserving the liquid. Force the cranberries through a strainer to extract the pulp and remove the skins and the seeds. Measure the puree and add reserved liquid to measure 1/4 cup. If you do not have enough, you can add a bit of the cranberries cooking liquid.

Mix 1/2 cup dried mustard with the cranberry puree and mix well. Let it sit for 10 minutes to develop the flavor. Add 1 teaspoon of finely grated orange rind, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 cup honey blend well. Thin with additional cooking liquid if too thick or thicken with a little extra dry mustard if necessary.

Pack into a clean jar and refrigerate. Full flavor of the mustard will develop in 3 or 4 weeks. The mustard will keep refrigerated up to a year.

Serving: 2/3 cup

Chef's Notes:

To make it easier to add the honey, spray the measuring cup with nonstick spray first, and the honey will slide out more easily.

An equal amount of raspberries can be substituted for the cranberries to make raspberry mustard
    *He leadeth me.

13. Post

I found a Cranberry Horseradish that is absolutely "to die for". 10 calories = 1 tsp.
    Silver Spring. Made in eau Claire, WI
    DEPRIVATION BREEDS REBELLION

Replies

To Dawna: Yes, we spell our first names the same. I love it. I find the spelling much more feminine than the traditional. I have met one or two other people who spell their names the same.

About the cranberry mustard from TJ's, it is a beautiful maroon color and tastes fantastic. A little really does go a long way, which is nice from a points/calorie standpoint.

Dawna