Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken

This is one of my favorites. Not sure where I got this recipe, maybe Dottie‘s. I thought it was from BCB but I just searched and couldn’t find it. Anyone else tried this recipe? It is wonderful and makes a really nice gravy as it cooks.

Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken

Servings: 4
    Points per serving: 7

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    1 envelope Lipton onion soup mix, dry
    16 oz Fat Free Sour Cream (I used Daisy Brand)
    1 can 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom soup
    2 cups mushrooms (optional)

Place chicken breasts in bottom of crockpot along with mushrooms. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over top of chicken. Cook on low for 8 hours. (I use frozen chicken breasts and it comes out great). It makes a delicious gravy served over noodles, baked potato, rice or bulgur (add the additional points).
    Last edited by hootowl; 08-29-2004 at 03:13 AM. Reason: Point correction
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Debnicu Guest

This sounds great. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have everything on hand to make it I am sure the family will like it, children might freak about the mushrooms :eek: but they know they can always pick them out.

I made this last night and it was really good. DH ate the gravy on his potatos and I loved it on my bulgar and spinach .

For our family, this is definately a keeper. Thanks for posting it Janice. [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    Hoppy

Lifetime - 02/22/08

I will not weigh more tomorrow morning than I did this morning! ~Colleen

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com - please click daily

Replies

This is really good. My sister-in-law gave me the recipe a few months ago and I think I make it at least once a week. She told me that it makes 6 - 4 point servings. I'm sure if you use the gravy over your pasta, rice, whatever, that you'd have to add points. If anybody figures this out differently I'd love to know. Thanks [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

SW: 217.0
    CW: 198.0
    GW: 150.0

Replies

Ooops, posted to the wrong thread, so I moved my comments to the "pork chop" thread. But this ends up getting a bump anyway.
    ]
    PAT
    Last edited by kittycat; 03-02-2006 at 02:07 AM.

Tina_30 Guest

I make this one all the time, one of our household favorites, talk about EASY and FAST. Low points to boot!!

Replies

Wink

I prepared this chicken recipie yesterday. Added some pepper and a little salt. YUMMY-LICIOUS! Many thanks for a warm, comforting, tasty dish.

Hugs,
    Becky

Replies

Question

I made this last night. Cooked on low for 8 hours. Now I have the new rival smart crock and it stops the low cooking after 8 hours, but keeps it warm. I didn't get home till 10 hours after I started it, and I thought it was a little thick and perhaps a bit overdone.

I used cambells condensed soup, should i have added water?

Also, I have a problem with the chicken breasts being too dry. I was thinking about cutting the time to 6 hours, any suggestions?
    ~Lisa
    HW 209
    SW 199
    CW 178.0
    GW 153.0
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    ~Buddha

whats the points again? Do you have to use cream of mushroom? could you use cream of chicken? Whats the serving size? Thanks Gina

[ January 10, 2004, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: dgjp8991 ]
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

Replies
    Blog Entries

All the information you're looking for is up in the first post. Just scroll to the top and you'll find the point value, and serving size. And I'm sure you can use any creamed soup -- you would just have to adjust the calories accordingly if they were different.
    Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
    No more back fat!
    More E-N-E-R-G-Y!
    Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
    Packing smaller clothes
    Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up
    Having a stable wardrobe
    Ability to handle cravings
    The END of binging!
    A healthier me!

Had this for dinner tonight. It was so yummy !! Thanks, Deb

Tina_30 Guest

I usually cook mine about 10 hours too -
    I put them in frozen and never have a problem with them being too dry. I used reduced fat cream of mushroom soup by campbells and its never too thick - just cook it on low if you know it will be more than 6 hours.

Are you supposed to add milk or water to the
    cream of mushroom soup??

No, you do not need to add any milk or water to the can of soup. It makes a wonderful gravy by itself.
    Janice

SW243/CW219/GW137

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Replies

I made this last night and absolutely loved it! Didn't put the extra mushroom in (not a big fan) but it was very tastly regardless! This is definately a keeper.

Thank you for posting!
    SW: 167<br />CW: 147<br />GW: 130

Replies

I make something very similar at least once a month. I omit the onion soup, cut the sour cream to 1/2 cup, and add 1/2 cup of sherry wine.
    Love it!!! and it freezes well for single serving entrees(it's what I had for dinner last night)

Hmmm, I may have to try adding the onion soup next time

Sheryl
    "How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives"...Annie Dillard<br /><br />190/141/143.5/135<br />sw/wwg/cw/pg 5'3"<br /><br />SD 9-17-02/LT 7-22-03

Replies

Bump!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

18. Default Re: Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken

My husband taught me a very similar recipe. Basically just chicken, cream of mushroom soup and veggies like baby carrots, garlic and pearl onions.

It's very rich and tasty. Of course, he told me to put a whole fryer in so it's too rich. Using the chicken breasts would be better.

Anna

azdieter Guest

Default Re: Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken

Am new here so hope not stepping on toes or committing any errors/no no's or the like...very interested in crockpot cooking using points and have been poking thru this website and ran across this recipe http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forums/showthread.php?t=55660&page=2
    look at #33 (looks to me to be the same one) but differs in the point calculation (chicken wasn't figured into the original post on first page of it).

Does sound good and I am going to give it a try, but concerned of course on how to count in the points.
    Last edited by azdieter; 08-03-2004 at 01:01 AM. Reason: error in url

Lightbulb Re: Easy Creamy Crockpot Chicken

Please don't feel like you are stepping on anyone's toes! :lol: Thank you so much for the clarification. I originally posted this recipe and it sounded too good to be 5 points a serving anyway, so I am not surprised that is isn't. I had copied it into a word document in my files, and when I posted it, I did not know the original source. I was kind of new to posting recipes at the time and obviously not very good at searching either. (oops)

It just goes to show you that you can't believe everything you read, and if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! I usualy make it with 6 chicken breasts and only add 1 more can of soup, so that cuts down on the points a little bit. Plus, I don't use all the sauce either, but it is wonderful! Thanks again for straightening out the points question!
    Janice

SW243/CW219/GW137

I felt so bad about posting a recipe with incorrect information, so I checked the nutrition labels on the ingredients I use, and I don’t get as many points for the sauce. I get about 6.5 or 7 points per serving for 4 servings. I edited the original posting and removed the incorrect listing of 5 points per serving. Sorry about that. Maybe there is a big points difference between brands, so always remember to check the ingredients that you use. Somebody please double-check my math and reasoning on this, but here goes:

Daisy brand FF Sour Cream 16 ounces: 1 serving is 2 Tbsp = 20 calories, Fat = 0 grams. There are 15 servings per container, so the whole container would be only 300 calories, which is 6.5 points (according to the “unofficial points calculator” website).

One can of Campbells 98% FF Cream of Chicken soup has 175 cals per can (2.5 servings at 70 cals per serving) and 5 grams of fat (2 grams x 2.5 servings). According to the “unofficial points calculator“ website, this would be 4.4 points.

Onion Soup mix = 0 points (for ¼ serving, according to the Getting Started book for week 1).

The total points for just the sauce comes out to 10.9 points. Divided by 4 servings, it would only be about 2.5 to 2.7 points per serving for the sauce. So, with 4 oz of chicken per serving, it is roughly 6.5 or 7 points per serving. Not as scary, but always check what brands you use for differences. If anyone comes up with something else, or has updated information, please share. I don't want to steer anybody wrong with incorrect information again.
    Janice

SW243/CW219/GW137

So Good. I made it with porkchops last night
    SW 153 CW 134 GW 125
    10% Goal: 130

Replies

This recipe is great! I make it with just the chicken, onion soup mix, and the mushroom soup (I don't care much for actual mushrooms or sour cream) and it turns out great too! (less points without the sour cream anyways!)
    SW: 167<br />CW: 147<br />GW: 130

Replies

I made this again last night for the second time. It is SOOOOOO good, I highly recommend it to anyone!!!! Yum!
    I MET MY GOAL!

SW: 208.4
    CW: 165
    GW: 165

Replies

I have used this many times its one of my husbands favorite dishes making it tonight so I have it when I come home from my WW meeting I put it in at one so that it would be ready and waiting for me I am going to have to try using a cream of chicken and see how that is that might be really good since I pick out the mushrooms lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast