Thread: That Little Tiny Crock That Came with My New Big Crockpot . . .

Replies

The crockpot I bought today came with a little bitty pot that's apparently for dips. The little bitty pot came with a plastic lid. (The "real" crockpot came with a glass lid.) The sample recipes for the baby pot say "covered." Does this mean that the plastic lid can be used for cooking? Anyone know?

Thanks.

Cathy

Hi, I have a 1.5 baby crockette that came with a glass lid. I am just getting ready to post a really tasty apple dessert that I made in it today.

Some crockpots come with plastic lids. I prefer the glass ones. I had one with a plastic lid which I returned, but to answer your question, yes you would use the plastic lid on it.

Dawna

Replies

Thanks, Dawna. This baby's nowhere near a quart and a half. It looks like a cup or maybe 2 c. max. I'll try the plastic lid, if I even use this for anything at all. It happened to come with the 6-qt. pot I wanted; wouldn't have gotten it, otherwise.

Cathy

Hi, I have a friend who has the same little one you have. She uses it for popourri (sp?).

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

My original crock pot came with a plastic lid. So don't worry it wont melt.

My new SmartPot has a glass lid, I wonder why the changes?

Tam
    TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Replies

Thanks, Dawna and Tam!

Cathy

I have a baby crock with a plastic lid and yes it works just fine with it. I use it mostly at Christmas melting chocolate for dipping. I've also used it for chili/cheese dip for chips. Go ahead and use it...it's great. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Replies

I have a baby crockpot that I rarely use...mostly for warm cheese dips at parties.

Anybody have some great ideas? I like the idea of using it for a mini apple crisp or something like that.

Help me out buddies.
    SUE
    Lifetime #1: 11/26/02 (230/150)
    Restart 3/31/09
    222.6/210.8/160 (-11.8 - 1st 5% lost)

Replies
    Blog Entries

My old crockpot came with a plastic lid, but the new one is glass. I would imagine they were getting complaints about the plastic getting scratched. My old lid was so scratched up and fogged that I could barely see through it.
    Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
    No more back fat!
    More E-N-E-R-G-Y!
    Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
    Packing smaller clothes
    Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up
    Having a stable wardrobe
    Ability to handle cravings
    The END of binging!
    A healthier me!

I have a small crock pot that I use all the time. There is only my husband and me and we do not like leftovers. It will hold 2 pieces of chicken or 2 pork chops with what ever sauce you are using with them. I also use it for desests.

I also have a small crockpot with a plastic lid. I noticed that it has one stationary temperature so that the heat elements don't get too hot. The glass topped crockpots usually have a high or low setting and a warm depending on what brand you have. I've cooked chicken breasts in my small crockpot with no problem. I think the time is just longer for each recipe.

I bought a small one on purpose to try the apple crisp recipe, But when I was reading the little book(it is 1.5 w/plastic lid by the way) It said Oatmeal. and I love the Irish oatmeal.and it has to cook 1/2 hr. But if I put it in the little crock before I go to bed, it is done in the morning I do 2 servings. then reheat the second serving the the micro next day.
    But I did see 1.5 with glass lid and removable crock. so I might go back and buy this. .
    That would make 4 crockpots. can you say to many???
    Dawn
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn