Thread: Italian Chicken

I made this the other evening for dinner, and it was really, really good. Everyone here liked it (even picky teens), and I will definitely make it again.

Italian Chicken

4 frozen chicken breasts
    1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
    2 tsp. italian seasoning
    1 T. pourable splenda
    1 T. dried onion flakes
    1 T. minced garlic (jarred)

Put froz. chicken breasts in pam-spray crock.

Combine rest of ingreds. & pour over chicken.

Cook on low 7-8 hours.

4 servings // 3=points ea.

Manga!

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

One other thing, I forgot to say that the chicken breads are

boneless, & skinless & 3 oz. ea.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

3. Post

Dawna - I am curious - does the chicken really need to be frozen? Why is that? I am just curious (I have heard both good and bad about putting frozen meat/poultry into the crockpot).

ChocoGirl

P.S. This recipe sounds great!
    210/146.4/140

This is something I have been doing for years. I also make sure my pork chops are frozen in crock recipes. I feel this keeps the chicken/pork from drying out in the crock, after all-day cooking. Before I discovered this, everything had a dried out, kind of rubbery, just so=so, taste/texture.

To be more accurate, I take the meat out of the freezer the night before, and place it in the fridg. overnight, then I put it in the crock in the a.m.., so it has just defrosted, ever so slightly.

Just my own opinion!

Have a great OP day!

Dawna [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

Dawna, when you said your picky teens loved this, that got my attention! LOL Always looking for stuff that we can all eat instead of me having to make two different meals each night. (Don't get me started.)

Thanks for posting this. I'll give it a try. Course I'll have to get it out of the crockpot, wash that crockpot and put it away BEFORE the teen sees it because if he sees it come out of the crockpot he will not even try it!!!!!!! <sigh>

Kim

Hi Kim, I made this again last evening, and again, it sure was good.

Hugs,
    Dawna

This looks really good but "jarred garlic"????? :eek: For shame! Use fresh garlic and you will get a much better flavor.
    Anne

Yeah, I know...but there is a reason I use the jarred. For some reason, my DH doesn't like the taste of fresh in the crock pot. He always says it is too strong for him. I'm always trying to sneak it in, but he can tell, when he walks into the house and smells the aroma, which kind it is.
    Darn! I also prefer the fresh.

Dawna

Replies

This sounds very yummy!!

I think I might try it sometime this week!! Just kinda worried about leaving it all day while I am at work
    ~~April~~<br /><br />The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. <br />-- Oliver Wendell Holmes <br /><br />HW 325<br />SW 311<br />cw 280.8<br />GW 145

This sounds so yummy, I am going to try it out this weekend!

Bobo (cool name), Please don't worry about leaving your crock pot. I almost always have something cooking in at least one of mine every day (I have 4).

Hope you like the recipe.

BTW, I have something new I am trying in my crock today. If it comes out good, I will be posting it here. I don't like to post recipes here unless I have tried them.

Have a great OP day!

Dawna

I made this the other day and it was AWESOME and I don't typically like tomato sauce anywhere near my chicken :eek: The leftovers were even better the next 2 days!!!! Thanks for sharing [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    ~ Pam ~
    homeschooling mom to 3 girls
    "It's not that some people have willpower and some don't. It's that some people are ready to change and others are not." James Gordon, M.D.

ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407 Guest

This sounds so good. I'll have to try it sometimes this week.