Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Creamy Italian Chicken

I was not sure where to post this because I was looking to see if someone could calculate the points on this recipe. It is very tasty.

Creamy Italian Chicken
    Serves 4

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
    1/4 cup water
    1 pkt. dry italian salad dressing mix
    1 can 98% ff cream of chicken soup
    1 8 oz ff cream cheese, softened

Place chicken in crockpot. Mix water and salad dressing mix together. Pour on top chicken. Cook on low for 3 hours. Mix soup and cream cheese together and pour on top chicken. Cook another hour or until juices run clear.

I served it over rice. It would be also great with noodles.

Hi--

I couldn't find the dry mix for the italian dressing and I estimated 2 cups of soup in a can...and I got 6 pts per serving w/o rice. Does that sound about right to you?

~~anne
    God Bless America!!

I thought to be about that maybe even 5 points per serving. If it sounds good to you, try it! thanks.

Thanks for the recipe! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm going to try it next week. Crock pots are wonderful. Especially on a weeknight. I love to come home from work and have dinner ready.

I also forwarded this on to my mom in IL.

Enjoy your weekend
    Laura
    Joined January 2002
    SW 266.6 Goal 165

5. Post

Creamy Italian Chicken
    Serves 4

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (4oz.)= 16 pts
    1/4 cup water
    1 pkt. dry italian salad dressing mix = 1 pt
    1 can 98% ff cream of chicken soup = 3 (?)
    1 8 oz ff cream cheese, softened = 4 (?)

If I'm figuring this right, it's a total of 24 points. 24/4 = 6 points per serving. I'm not sure about the soup, because all I have is Cream of Celery. Also, the cream cheese seems awfully low.

Anyway...the recipe sounds delicious! Could someone else figure the cream cheese? It's 1 point per 1/4 cup, so I just multiplied by 4...not sure if that's right (even though it sounds logical).

SB
    147 current/125 goal

I made this last night it was so good! I figured it out to be 6 points a serving.
    ~~Kim~~
    278/153

Hit goal on 6-21-06
    Made lifetime 7-31-06
    125.6 lbs gone!!!!!!

Progress Pics http://photobucket.com/albums/a134/KimonWWers/

I made this last night for dinner and it was absolutely amazing! We had the sauce over pasta, it reminded me of a kind of alfredo sauce. Very good, I would highly recommend it! I counted it as 5 points , because my chicken breast was only 3 and I hardly used any sauce, maybe 1/4 cup. Thanks for whoever posted this recipe! Nik
    ***********************************<br />5' 2"<br />Starting 183.6 (size 16-18)<br />Current 153.0 (size 12)<br />Goal 130.0 <br /><br />"Take one day at a time, no guilt, and move on"

8. Post

I'm going to try this maybe tomorrow [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Cathy (soon adoptive mommy)
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

Thanks just printed this out and having company soon and want to fisx something in the crockpot so we can visit
    Dawn
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

I made this yesterday & it is delicious. I served it over medium egg noodles. When my Dh likes a recipe, I know it's a keeper. This is a keeper! Thanks for posting it.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

Just found this site this recipe sounds fantastic ,will try ,keep up good work.I need help getting around,all help greatly appreciated [img]tongue.gif[/img]

12. Post

I'm actually making this tonight.....

I will let you know how it was... [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Cathy (soon adoptive mommy) [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

Replies

Cathy:
    This recipe is awesome! Very rich and creamy! I made it one night when DD #2 had company. Everyone ate some--no one could believe it was a WW recipe! Too good. Enjoy!

I think I am going to make it again, but as a casserole with lots of veggies: carrots, sugar snap peas, red pepper, etc. I think it would be very good! I'll let you know how THAT turns out!
    Terry
    SW: 248.4<br />5/4--243.0 -5.4<br />Total lost in May: -12.2<br /><br />6/7--235.8 -.4<br /><br /><br />1st mini goal: - 10 lbs. met goal 5/18!!<br />Next mini goal - 15 lbs. 2.4 to go!<br /><br />1st 10%: -24 11.4 to go!

I made this tonight and served it over pasta. My PICKY KIDS LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Very creamy and VERY filling.

Hi, I ran this through Mastercook. It looks good to me. I am going to try it.

I feel it is accurate because I have all of the nutritional information already entered into my Mastercook from other recipes, on all of the ingreds. in this recipe.

Here it is...& thanks for posting it.

Dawna

* Exported from MasterCook *

Creamy Italian Chicken

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    4 chicken breast, boneless,skinless- 3 oz.
    ea.
    1/4 cup water
    1 package italian salad dressing mix dry
    1 can Cream of Chicken,Healthy Request
    1 cream cheese, fat-free -- 8 oz.

Place chicken in crock spray with pam.
    Mix water & salad dressing mix tog.. Pour over chicken.
    Cook on low for 3 hours.
    Mix soup & cream cheese tog. & pour over chicken.
    Cook another hour or until juices run clear.

Description:
    "4 servings // 4=points ea."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 194 Calories; 2g Fat (98.9%
    calories from fat); trace Protein; trace Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber;
    6mg Cholesterol; 354mg Sodium. Exchanges: .

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

OOohh, my! This recipe is so very, very tasty. It is a comfort food for sure! I made it in the oven in about 35 minutes and served it with bow-tie noodles and snow peas & brocolli.

As we were eating dinner, I didn't seem to care that it was the end of April and the ground was covered with 8" of new, heavy, wet snow!

Thanks for sharing it!

jj
    Success is a journey not a destination!

Bump! I am making this today!

Hugs,
    [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

How would I make this in the oven???

It sounds great!
    Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

I made this last evening, and boy, was it good!

I have leftovers for DH and I tonight.

Thank you for posting this for all of us. [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Hugs, [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Dawna

Jamie, all I did when I made it in the oven was put the chicken & water & dressing mix in a covered casserole and cooked it at about 350 for about 20 minutes. I mixed the soup & cheese and added this to the chicken and cooked for an additional 10 minutes or so, until it was hot & bubbly.

I usually cook by the seat of my pants...sorry if the instructions are a little vague.

jj
    Success is a journey not a destination!

Replies

That looks yummy! Will have to try that after I try the Salsa Sour Cream Chicken recipe that's in the crock pot today! ha ha ha

I would count it as follows:

Chicken @ 4 pts each = 16 pts. (The breasts I get at Sams Club count as 4 for me.)
    Italian Dressing Mix = 1 pt (maybe even a zero?)
    Healthy Request Cr. Chicken Soup is 1 pt per 1/2 cup, and there's 2.5 (1/2 cup) servings per can = 2.5 pts.
    FF Cream Cheese is 1 pt per oz = 8 pts

Whole recipe = at most 28 pts.
    Per Serving = 7 I'd say maybe even a 6, but that depends on the amount of sauce you drizzle perhaps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Does that sound accurate?

BCB Newbie
    [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Stephanie

238/231.5/155

Hi there, When I ran this through Mastercook I came up with 4=P/serving, and I had all of the ingreds. in the house, so I checked the nutri. info. on everything. Hmmmmm....but as I look at what you came up with, yours looks accurate as well. I'm going to have to figure this out over the weekend (too tired to think straight now).

This is one great recipe! I made it again this week, and I will be making it next week also,

later....
    Dawna

Ok, I knew this was going to bug me. The chicken I use is only 3=P/piece. That must be it. I will check it out tomorrow.
    When I have made it, I count it as 5-P. I only have 1/4 cup of the sauce also, and it just seemed too darn good to be only 4=P, so to be safe I used 5.

Dawna

I got the stuff to make this tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it turns out - it sounds SO good! Will have the sauce over bulgur (so do I EAT anything else????!) and a nice veggy and/or big salad with -- yum, my mouth is watering already!

Dawna thanks for putting this through MasterCook. I feel safe counting it at 5 points.

Char

Oh, Boy are you going to love this! I have never been much of a chicken lover, but this is really something.

Yes, I feel safe at 5=Points also.

Let us know how you like it.

Bon Appetit!
    Dawna

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast