Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deli Roasted Chicken

I am in heaven!!!!! This recipe is SO YUMMY!!!!! And, so easy, too! I can't wait to have some on a salad tomorrow for lunch!

Thanks so much for sharing!
    Take care,
    Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Hi Gals,

Ok, you KNOW I'm going to have to try this recipe this week....it sounds too good. I have a crock pot that I got at my wedding 5 years ago, and I've never used [img]graemlins/embarrassed.gif[/img]

Lemondrop

Replies

Bump! This recipe is too good and too easy to let drop to the second page.

Replies

Hey

I have tried this about 4 times - wonderful. Last two times, I took the chick out and removed the skin, cut it up in pieces and covered the pieces in bar-b-q sauce. Ran it into the microwave just before eating and it was delicious. the easier bar-b-q chicken I have made in long time.

sueB.

Replies

by the way, just to be sure you understood,

I meant to say, after it was finished cooking, I took the chicken out of crock pot and then removed the skin and cut into pieces and added sauce.

sueB.

Tina_30 Guest

I made this deli chicken last night, turned out yummy. The foil trick really helps, the meat comes off so easy and remains juicy - I recommended it to friends - what a great idea!!

babethoven Guest

Wow....can't wait to make this one. I love the BBQ sauce idea also.

Thanks! Babe

I tried making this with a couple of alterations.

There are only 2 people in my house and i have a 2 1/2 court oval crock pot so i decided to cut the size of the bird used.

I bought 6 pound baking chicken to use. I tied it up so its legs and wings didnt stick out and it fit into the pot

I used the Lawry's lemon pepper seasoning instead because i had rotissire chicken flavored with it before and liked it.

I used the foil balls as directed to. I found that making them smaller in size mad it easier to get the chicken into the pot [img]smile.gif[/img]

I turned out wonderful. I was nice and moist. We had 2 meals and chicken salad made from it [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    A Journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.

Enough is as good as a fest.

http://www.todayshealthylifestyle.com (my website)

This recipe sounds good. I could eat chicken every nite.
    But I have one problem - I always buy just skinless and boneless chicken breasts cause I have a hard time resisting the skin on a chicken. What do you do about that delicious skin. Just discard it?
    I think I will give it a try anyway.
    I also have three crockpots, but the last one I bought at Wal mart(3 qt.) is my favorite cause it has a manual keep warm setting. It is a Ge and I do believe you can also get it in a larger size.
    Margaret

I made the chicken in the crockpot today and it was soooooo good. I was able to resist most of the skin - but did have a taste or two. I quickly froze what we did not eat so that I would leave it alone. It was so good.
    Thanks for the recipe.

Margaret

When I had this, I had no problem resisting the skin, which I was worried about. It was gross. It didnt get crisp, just kind of soggy and fatty. That was the only difference I found from the rotisserie chickens. It doesnt get great, which is good for me!
    Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

I would like to try this. I thought it was just me with the stringy, mushy chicken. So with other dishes, should you cook on high? I will try this tonight, I wonder how it will work with two cornish hens? I will let you know Dawna. Thanks for posting I have gotten so many good ideas from ya'll.

Kyana, Please let us know how the Cornish Games hens came out...my family loves those.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hey Dawna,
    I made two cornish hens last night in my round 4 or 5 quart crock pot. The hens were really good. The meat was very tender. My husband thought I was nuts when he saw me balling up the foil. He sang a different tune after he tasted them. Thanks for the great recipe!

The only thing I did differently was add sliced bell peppers and onions in the middle of the birds. I am Cajun and we believe in onions and bell pepper, among other things. I also used McCormick Garlic Season All and pepper instead of Lawrys.

Will do again! Thanks Dawna.

Joni1957 Guest

I tried the chicken today. It was delicious.

Went home at lunch time today and fired up the ol' crockpot with this receipe! Can't wait till tonite to try it out. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

While I was at home I also baked a batch of the Pumpkin Oatmeal that everyone is raving about. Sounds yummy.

Pat

Just finished supper and the deli roasted chicken got a big [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] from my DH who isn't even a chicken lover! Very, very moist and as easy as it gets!! Definitely a keeper! Thanks for the recipe!

Pat

Replies

I made a special run out of the shop at noon today and picked up a chicken, ran home and put it in the crock pot. My DH and DS were oooohin and awwwwwin ... DS, whose favorite (until tonight) chicken was fried chicken, announced that this is the best chicken he's ever had. *faint* DH announced leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Incredible!!
    P.S. Where is the gravy recipe posted??

Hi, [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Glad you like this. I will try to look up that gravy recipe for you. If I can't find it on the boards, I will re-post it.

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

20. Post

Hi, Chicken sounds fabulous, can't wait to try it. I cannot find the gravy recipe Legal Eagle, can you repost?
    Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img]

I followed the recipe and the skin did not get brown and crispy....any suggestions. My crock pot is fairly new and seems to work.

Hi Donna, Well, here's the thing...you're not supposed to care that much about the skin because you can't eat it anyway, and it isn't good for anyone.

You didn't mention how the chicken tasted!! Wasn't it great!

Dawna

I have wanted to fix this recipe for a long time, it sounds great, except where do you find a 9 lb. chicken?? I can only find 4-4-1/2lbs. I am in the Midwest - you would think I would be able to find one--any ideas??

I tried this over the weekend. I really loved the way it came out. My DH said it was a little dry, but that was probably because i cooked it too long. Won't make that mistake again. The flavor is wonderful.

How big are the was of aluminum supposed to be?!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast