I found this recipe at quickneasyrecipes.com
    and I am making it for dinner tonight.

2 cans niblets corn -8=p
    2 chicken breasts,cubed - (I used chicken
    tenders) = 8 points
    2 cans black beans - 7=points
    1 jar chunky salsa - 0=points
    1 cup grated, low fat, sharp cheddar - 8=p

Lightly spray crock with pam (something I always do regardless of recipe).

Put corn in bottom of pot. Place chicken cubes on top. Pour in Salsa. Pour beans on top of salsa. Start it on high to get the chicken going, and then leave it on low the rest of the day (8-9 hrs.) Add the cheese just before serving.

8 servings - 31 points total
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

Thankyou for the new website to check out. When you say chicken tenders, do you mean chicken fingers? Are they breaded and frozen? I would like to make this, and if I can use chicken fingers that would be REALLY easy.
    195/169/144

Hi Morgan - No the tenders I use are not breaded. Breaded would add more points. The tenders I buy are frozen and come in a 3/5 pount bag. I buy them at Costco, which if you don't have one in your area, is a big warehouse superstore. They are very compatible with ww recipes and anything you make in the crockpot. They are by "Tyson."
    On the package it says "boneless chicken breast tenders". 4 of them are just 2=points.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

How sad is this? I am reviewing my own post!
    (just kidding)

This meal was a big hit tonight. Everyone loved it and asked for more.

It ended up making 9 cups. The whole recipe was 31 points - so I figured that 1 1/2 cups was 5.16 points. It was very filling, and real easy to make.

Replies

Checked out Costco, and of course they don't carry chicken tenders. I will try this with regular chicken breasts, I'm glad you enjoyed it! Gives me incentive to try it!
    195/169/144

bump
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!

Adding this to the must-try list! Yum!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

I'm home today and trying this recipe. Looks good--anyone else tried it?
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Replies

Thumbs up

This is quite delicious---on my favorites list now!! And I put more chicken than called for in it to up the protein.
    ---Katie, CEO of Me, Inc & living my new-normal
    highest:375(fall '98),5'4"//11-19-08 WW restart:277//current:247//2nd 10%:225//NEXT MINI GOAL:239//goal:150
    *He leadeth me.

Thanks for reminding me about this one. I had completely forgotten about it. I'm going to make it this week.

Dawna

ok what size of chunky salsa????

This is goin in my crock tomorrow!
    Start WW on 9-23-03<br />September -3.4<br />October -12.6<br />November -8.6<br />December -4.8<br />January - -5.6<br />February - -6.8<br />March - -4.0<br />Total Loss -38.8<br />Viscountess Sweet Flower

man this sounds as good as the other chicken recipe you posted. You should write a cookbook. Im going to try this too! Thanks GinaH
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

Smile

Sounds like a keeper! I'm gonna try it soon. Thanks for sharing! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Jill~~
    Reputation is what men and women think of us. Character is what God and the angels know of us.

Babe Ruthless Guest

Question

Looks like a good recipe - is the chicken pre-cooked or raw???? Unlikely that my Costco will carry the same product being that I am in Canada!

Hi there, The chicken would be raw, and I use frozen chicken in all my crockpot recipes. In my mind, it keeps the chicken from drying out in the crock, which used to happen to me all the time.

Dawna

OMG this is the greatest
    We forgot to put the cheese in and was nuts about so I can not wait to try it again WITH the cheese!!!!!!!! KEEPER ALERT KEEPER ALERT
    Start WW on 9-23-03<br />September -3.4<br />October -12.6<br />November -8.6<br />December -4.8<br />January - -5.6<br />February - -6.8<br />March - -4.0<br />Total Loss -38.8<br />Viscountess Sweet Flower

Thumbs up

I made this tonight- Just have to say YUM!

I did tweak it a little bit- Used 2 frozen b/s chicken breasts- laid them on top of the corn and sprinkled them with a little taco seasoning before the salsa (reminded me of the sour cream salsa chicken recipe which is one of our family's favorites) and cooked it on low the whole time. Took the chicken breasts out at the end and diced them up, returned them to the pot and added some chopped fresh cilantro. I stirred it all together before transferring to the serving dish, and then sprinkled the cheese on the top.

It turned out really good! Really filling and satisfying [img]smile.gif[/img] I served it with rice and a salad.

Thanks for the recipe! I agree- a definite KEEPER

[ February 02, 2004, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: b_girl ]
    Debbie

recommitted 11.28.10
    313/304/169

Lori B Guest

I just made this on Sunday. Worked great to put in the crockpot before church and lunch was ready when we got home. It is now one of my family's all time favorites!!! And the left overs were just as good re-heated yesterday for lunch!

Lori

Question

Maybe I missed it in the thread but do you drain the corn and beans or just pour right from the cans? I want to make this tomorrow.
    Thanks.
    Debra
    Highest weight 286
    If I can dream it, I can be it...

I was really hungry and had this over bulger. Wow, what a great, filling meal. Thanks.
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

Replies

I made this yesterday. Very good and very filling! Thanks for sharing.
    Carol
    Rejoined WW 03/13/04
    1st 10% - 05/29/04

“Success must be felt within before it can be seen on the outside." – Unknown

Thanks for a great recipe. It was a huge hit!
    I have learned to eat to live and not live to eat.<br /><br />SW: 299.2<br />CW: 277.2<br />Down: 22 pounds )<br /><br />Ya Ya name: Countess Spring Frog

Replies

My family and friends loved this. We served it with Fat Free Sour Cream as well.

Thumbs up

Hey just wanted to know what size jar of Salsa and do you drain the corn and black beans this recipe sounds really good and want to make soon but thought I better ask first...Thanks

Default Re: CROCKPOT MEXICAN CHICKEN

Bumping because this would make a good core recipe using fat free cheese or counting the points for low fat cheese.
    Debbie

recommitted 11.28.10
    313/304/169

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast