Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast

Thread: Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

Replies

This recipe is absolutely wonderful!!!Full of satisfying flavor! I served it with Bulgur wheat, salad and extra salsa along with some asparagus I had a great op food experience!
    Thanks
    Fawn [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    sw172.2/cw135.8/wwg140/pwg136<br />412 gone forever!!!<br />ya ya name<br />Queen Chirps Like A Bluejay<br />25# magnet 3/17/03<br />made goal 6/23/03<br />made lifetime 8/6/03<br /><br />"I am a star with a good supporting cast."
    again committed 1/09
    sw 153.4/ cw 148.2/ wwg 140

Replies

oops..I forgot. I used my version of "Emerils Essence" seasonings instead of taco!(I have the recipe) And I also used med/hot salsa, fresh cilantro and green onions as garnishes. I think that the herbs make a real difference in the outcome.
    Fawn
    sw172.2/cw135.8/wwg140/pwg136<br />412 gone forever!!!<br />ya ya name<br />Queen Chirps Like A Bluejay<br />25# magnet 3/17/03<br />made goal 6/23/03<br />made lifetime 8/6/03<br /><br />"I am a star with a good supporting cast."
    again committed 1/09
    sw 153.4/ cw 148.2/ wwg 140

Replies
    Blog Entries

Hey, has anyone tried this with yogurt instead of sour cream? I use FF plain yogurt in most everything, and am planning on making it for company this weekend, and I'd prefer not to use the sour cream if I don't have to.
    Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
    No more back fat!
    More E-N-E-R-G-Y!
    Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
    Packing smaller clothes
    Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up
    Having a stable wardrobe
    Ability to handle cravings
    The END of binging!
    A healthier me!

Replies

I made this last night and WOW was it a hit! My invited my parents over for dinner. I made a double batch, but still only used one pkg of taco seasoning. Cooked it on high about 3.5 hours. Mmmm...made the kitchen smell so good! Took the chicken out and shredded it. Served chicken and sauce with tortillas, shredded lettuce, black olives, mushrooms, finely shredded Mexican cheese, and ff sour cream. YUM! It was a hit with the whole crew, and DH said to keep the recipe at the top of my list.

Run home and try this one tonight!
    Tutorgal
    Highest pre-WW weight: 270
    pre-pregnancy weight: 161
    Baby Girl born 3-3-06
    Time to start again!
    SW 239.0 CW 218.0 GW 150

5. Post

I'm making this again. I will only use 1/2 of the Taco seasoning. I do remember it being a little too salty last time...I will probably only cook it on high for 1 hour and then 3 hours on low..I want to make sure the chicken will done but not dry...
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

This sounds so good!

Replies

I just have to bump this recipe up. It is just great....added a cup of brown rice to it and 1 cup of water. The sauce was just delish!!!!
    “Learning to lose is like basic training, but maintaining the desired weight is the real battleground.”<br />149/121.8/125

bump

Replies

Sorry for the cross-post....

-----------------------------------

I made it this morning and it's YUMMY. A couple of people asked about making it w/o a crockpot. I did that this morning and it worked out just fine for me I also made a couple of other modifications. This is what I did:

I put the salsa and chicken in a corningware dish with a glass lid. I add a little extra water (maybe 1/2-3/4cup?) to the salsa so that the chicken had something to cook in.

I cooked the chicken and salsa covered at very low heat-(about 250) until it looked done. I was using extra thin chicken breasts, and they probably cooked for about an hour. Thicker breasts may take longer.

I took the dish out of the oven and lifted the chicken out into a separate dish. I didn't have any cornstarch so I used a little flour to thicken the sauce....then stirred in the sour cream. I think because I had added some water to the salsa, then thickened with flour I had A LOT of sauce. So much so that I reserved about 1cup on the side, and poured the rest over the cooked chicken.

I froze the extra sauce, so I will have something quick to use to top some chicken breasts some time in the future....cooking for 1

The chicken came out very tender, I couldn't wait to have some for lunch because it smells marvelous.

Try it!

[img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    CoreSW: 226.5 CW:219 GW:150 HW:241
    *If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it, even if I may not have it at the beginning. Mahatma Gandhi
    *Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. Abraham Lincoln

I make this quite often, and it is always a big hit here.

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies
    Blog Entries

Hi,

I made this for a work potluck Saturday. It was the hit of the meal. Well besides the tamales. No one could believe it was a WW recipe. I have it printed out to take to work tomorrow along with cola chicken which is another favorite of mine.
    Kathy

Over goal and not happy

Tina_30 Guest

I made this on Sunday, it was great and a big hit with my husband who is not on WW.
    EASY and tastes great - thanks for posting it!!
    Tina

NEED HELP!! I love all the recipes I have found.I am trying to feed a family of 6 and chicken breast are very expensive. Can someone tell me do you think most of these recipes would work using a whole chicken. (much cheaper) I am going to try one. But any adivice I would love.

[img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    O/P 4/23/03 204.0
    C/W 8/27/03 186.6

Replies

wow... sorry. I'm a newbie. For a minute, I thought it said "crackpot" instead of "crockpot" LOL [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    - Original WW SW = 158.2<br />- GW = 130<br /><br />Since joining BCB:<br />8/25/03 150.5<br />9/1/03 147.5<br />9/8/03 147.5<br />9/15/03 146<br />9/22/03 144<br />10/1/03 141.5<br />10/7/03 141.5<br />10/14/03 140.5<br />= down 10 lbs

Alliruetwo Guest

Of course, I decided to make this today........but too late to put in the crockpot :rolleyes: I cooked it on the stove, and can I just say, my oldest DS(17) came running down the stairs when it was almost done, and said "WOW, that smells great, when will it be ready????" It was a big hit. A few posts up, someone asked about using a whole chicken. I don't know why you couldn't do this with a whole chicken, I am gonna try it next week.

Replies
    Blog Entries

I usually make it with cut up pieces from a whole chicken. Just watch for bones. That's my families only complaint. The flavor is the same.
    Kathy

Over goal and not happy

shannon35 Guest

Bump!

Band Mom Guest

Very good. I served it with brown rice and poured a little of the sauce on the rice. It will be "what for dinner" at my house again.

I love crockpots.

I also make this frequently. My family loves it.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

20. Post

I didn't have any salsa, I know, how can a Ww girl be out of salsa, so I used rotel dice tomato and green chilies and it was BETTER than the salsa one I made, I forgot about the corn starch the 2nd time, and didn't miss it. It was awesome. Thank you for the recipe.

Replies

Thumbs up

Just had this very delicious chicken! I personally like it without the sour cream sauce. Very yummy, and would do it again!

DeAnna
    SW:218/CW:210/GW:140

22. Post

I don't know how many of you have a Don Pablos (mexican restaurant) around you, but this tastes just like their chicken soft tacos! Delish!! I think next time I might try cutting the chicken up and putting it in a soft taco shell!! Yum! Let me know if any of you try this first!!
    SW-200
    CW-180
    GW-135

Talking

Want to make this recipe and don't have the taco seasoning on hand? here is a simple recipe I have used:
    2 Tsp. chili powder
    1 1/2 Tsp. paprika
    1 Tsp. onion powder
    1/2 Tsp. salt
    3/4 Tsp. garlic salt
    1 Dash red pepper
    This is equal to one pkg. of taco seasoning. If you wanted to cut down on the salt, use garlic powder instead of the garlic salt.
    Hugs,
    Brenda
    Ya-Ya name: Queen Life of the Party.<br />To lengthen thy life, lessen thy meals. - Benjamin Franklin<br /><br />SW=255 October 13, 2003<br />242 October 26, 2003<br />236.7 November 15, 2003<br />224 March 24, 2004<br />219 May 2, 2004<br />GW=160

Replies

Talking

This is just the best recipe ever! It was my first crockpot meal and definately won't be my last!
    ~Lisa
    HW 209
    SW 199
    CW 178.0
    GW 153.0
    Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
    ~Buddha

tried this for the first time tonight, my dh and I really enjoyed it. Had some spanish rice and steamed asparagus. Yum
    Kathy

SW: 177 CW: 153
    8 pounds above goal
    Made Lifetime 9/7/04
    Made goal 7/27/04
    Made 10%: 3/23/04
    WW Goal: 145 trying to get back
    Height: 5'8"

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast