Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

1. Post

This recipe is very good - I agree!

But I have to say I love the leftovers - I really do - they are great for lunch with some rice - YUM!

ChocoGirl
    210/146.4/140

With all the rave reviews, Ill be copying this and trying it soon.
    Thanks
    Dawn [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Correcting typos too. :rolleyes:
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

Replies

I made the chicken today and we enjoyed it tonight. I have a 6 qt crock, so I skinned 2 whole chickens then cut them up. I served it over bulger. It was very good, but when I do it again, I will put in 2 packets of seasoning. I even used hot salsa, but I like it a bit spicier. I was surprised at how much sauce it makes. The chicken was so moist! Thanks for sharing!

Made this last night. Shedded chicken a bit and put in a torilla then spooned the creamy sause on top. Very good. Felt like I was eating at a Mexican restauant.
    Debra
    Highest weight 286
    If I can dream it, I can be it...

I have not tried this yet but it looks like it will be great! We are big Mexican food lovers in this household and love spicy food.

For Opus99 -- I never cook chicken for 8 hours - too dried out and falls apart too much for my taste. Generally 4 hours - 6 if frozen will do for chicken - especially skinless boneless chicken breasts. You can try loading the crock pot with frozen chicken and other ingredients, put the crock pot on a timer for a delayed start to go on about 4-5 hours before you are due home.

Great receipe - made it for lunch today. DH loved it. Served it over Zaterans Spanish Rice. Make the rice with Rotel tomatoes. Yummy! This one goes into the permanent cookbook.

Thanks!

I made this for dinner tonight. Awesome! Even my 9 year old loved it! And it was so easy!!! Thanks for the wonderful recipe!!

Replies

I made this last week - I found that even using the low sodium taco seasoning, it was a little salty for my taste. Maybe next time, I'd add more salsa and less of the seasoning. Otherwise it was really quite good. And it froze well. Sheila

I made this the other night. For those who thought it was too spicy, try mild salsa and leave out the taco seasoning. My chicken was a little dry after cooking for 7 hours. Next time I will check it after 6 hours. This would also be good with a pineapple or mango salsa!

Thanks for a great recipe! [img]smile.gif[/img]

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made this tonight for dinner and it was SOOOOO GOOD!!! [img]smile.gif[/img] My husband had 2 helpings! I served it with white rice and black beans and a few baked tortilla chips. YUM!!

I made this for supper and it was GREAT! I only used about 1/2 the taco seasoning, DS won't eat very spiced food. I will definitely be making this on a regular basis - and it sure couldn't be any easier.

I served it with baked potatoes (as all dinners at my house include them, they are my favorite) and the sauce was really good on the potato! So I'll be making extra sauce next time!

Thanks again for the post!

13. Post

WOW this sounds soooo good I cant wait to try it.

Ok, I'm caving. I have to try this after reading everyone's wonderful reviews.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

This one is definately a KEEPER!!
    I've made it several times for the family and even had it over xmas time when my parents were here. I serve it over rice and the kids just gobble it down.

TTFN,
    Karri [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

32lbs&counting Guest

It looks wonderful.
    I have a silly question though...how big are the chicken breast halves?
    Chicken can vary a lot in size?

Made this for lunch today. It was wonderful. I made my into a taco salad. Used the Wow chips 1 gram of fat for 6, lettuce, ff sour cream tiny sprinkle of cheese and used the sauce it was cooked in for my dressing. Would recommend this. [img]smile.gif[/img] Dawn
    SW-230/CW-160/GW-150/PGW-140

This sounds so good! I'll have to make this sometime soon!

Any recipe with 67 replies ranting about how good it is has got to be fantastic. It is on the menu for me tonight!
    206.4 / 130<br />5-23-01/04-13-02<br />****************<br /><a href="http://www.picturetrail.com/tracyb555/" target="_blank">My Pics (password is bcb)</a><br /><br /><a href="http://cm.convio.net/site/Friendraiser?pg=personal&fr_id=1001&px=1001601" target="_blank">My Marathon Training Page</a>

Just adding my 2 cents to all these comments! And WOW, this recipe is GREAT! It wins on all events--easy, fast to put together, economical, and low in points!

My DH was so impressed, he said make this recipe often!

Every newbie to WW NEEDS this recipe! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Char

I know I am like the 70th reply, but I have to put in my 2 cents worth. I love this recipe, and I dont even wait for the crock pot!!! I put 4 frozen breasts in a skillet, add the salsa and sour cream, let it cook for 45 minutes or so, and then add some cornstarch in water for a bit. I dont even use the taco seasoning, and I dont EVEN LIKE SALSA USUALLY!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anyway, this is a keeper. My favorite thing to do with this is shred it and put in a 1 point tortilla. Add any other favorites (beans, cheese, etc) and just count the points. This is the best!

[img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

I made this recipe and it was delicious! I substituted chili powder for taco seasoning and cooked it on high for about 3 1/2 - 4 hours (instead of on low for 6-8) and it turned out great. (I started out with frozen chicken). DH loved it!

23. Post

This is on my menu tonight...I used Taco Bell seasoning....I put them in frozen......

I can't wait until I try this...I hope Hubby will like it... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the recipe [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    Cathy (soon adoptive mommy) [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

Replies

We love this at our house!! The last time I made it, plans changed before we got home to eat it and we had to go out to eat instead. So I shredded the chicken mixture and made burritos with it the next night. Eveyone thought it was awesome. Thank you Dina!! - Kim

Replies

We love this at our house!! The last time I made it, plans changed before we got home to eat it and we had to go out to eat instead. So I shredded the chicken mixture and made burritos with it the next night. Eveyone thought it was awesome. Thank you Dina!! - Kim

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast