Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Crockpot Sour Cream Salsa Chicken

I made this dish last night for dinner and it was excellent! I used quite a bit less of the taco seasoning mix, maybe just 2 TBL spoons and it was still was tastey. I had picked up some peach salsa at whole foods the day before and it was superb.

Mine also seemed to cook down enough that I didn't need the cornstarch...but that sourcream really made it YUMMY! Thanks...have printed out a bunch of recipes here...especially for soups.

ps. It even got the thumbs up from dh & ds

I cant say enough about this recipe!! I made this and put it over my baked chips put shredded lettuce on top and diced tomatoes I mean I love it!! It was just like having a taco salad but BETTER!! [img]smile.gif[/img] Thank you so much for this great recipe!

kandy
    SW 277.6
    GW 130
    CW 125.2
    First 5K April 6,2002 Finished in 30.5 minutes!!
    March 6,2004 Second 5K Finished in 29 minutes!!
    Disney's Minnie Marathon May 2007
    All things are possible if YOU believe in YOURSELF!!

3. Default

I heard about this recipe!
    I just copied it and can't wait to try it!

Thanks!
    "There is no failure except in no longer trying." - Elbert Hubbard <P>320/282/260-2nd 10%<BR>OP since 04/11/01<BR>1st 10% 288 - reached 06/28/01

Replies

Wow!! This sounds absolutely wonderful!
    Thanks for all the great tips. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I made this recipe this week and it was really easy...
    I put some of the chicken in a fajita size tortilla with some lettuce for my 11 yr old son and he really liked it. (he is pretty picky)
    I ate it with some ff refried beans and baked tortilla chips..yum!
    I think the leftovers were even better after sitting in the sauce overnite!
    Thanks for the recipe! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    amecca<br />start date 07/22/01<br />203/180/130<p>How high I aim, how much I see, how far I reach, depends on me

Replies

I can't wait to try this! Wasn't the crockpot a fabulous invention?

Replies

I tried this recipe and liked it but I guess I'm not used to spicy stuff cuz I would have 1 bite and 1 sip of water , I'll only use a little of the taco seasoning next time! :eek: was that ever hot!!!

8. Default

Tried this tonight and have now added it to my recipe files. It's delicious! Thanks.

SB
    147 current/125 goal

kcphillips Guest

This looks SO good - I can't wait to try it!

Thanks Dina!!

This recipe is fabulous! My husband is crazy about it! We spiced it up *more*- but we are southwesterners that are crazy about the heat! [img]smile.gif[/img] I highly recommend this one!

Tried this today...DH and I thought it was very tasty (DH said it was a keeper [img]smile.gif[/img])

I was out of rice, so I put it over polenta, which was very good.

This was also an experiment since I'd bought the dry polenta at whole foods and have never made it before. IT WAS EASY! (it was sorta like cooking grits or cream of wheat)

Found how to do it in a cookbook--

1 c dry polenta (or coarse ground cornmeal)
    3 1/2 c water or chicken stock
    1/4 t salt

Bring water to boil, then SLOWLY pour in polenta, while stirring constantly. Cook appr. 10 minutes while stirring constantly. (Watch for it to come away from the sides when you stir, or not ooze back down when you pull the spoon through it--kinda like thick pudding.)

You can vary how thick you want it by how long you cook it down. For me, 10 minutes was perfect. ***It will thicken when standing!

When done, serve immediately or here's what I did: pour in pie plate and let thicken.

**1/4 of pie plate from this recipe is only 2 points and very filling.

I chunked up the chicken stuff and poured over it. Tasty!
    Jeannie

kcphillips Guest

I made this Monday night. I just have to say - it is FANTASTIC!!!! My DH had 2 servings. It is definitely a family favorite.

THANK YOU for this recipe!!

Thanks! I loved it! I had it with 1 cup of FF refried beans (2 pnts.) and poured some sauce over them. 5 points later, I'm absolutely stuffed and satisfied.

My young children and DH with sensitive stomach couldn't eat it, so I'll have another serving tomorrow, and maybe freeze the other ones for a quick meal in the future.
    Dee

Wow, this sounds great! I am going to make this for supper tomorrow night! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I may occasionally give in, but I'll never give up!

Replies

This is a standard at our house. I use less taco seasoning and find that I don't need the cornstarch either. It is delicious over noodles. The whole family likes it straight out of the crock pot, but no one seems to care for the leftovers!

Replies

DB loved this. It was so tender, the chicken just fell apart. I liked it, too. It would be great with cornbread for a sort of southwestern meal.

I agree, though: leftovers are kind of funky. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    jendear75
    Returned Lifetime member

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

kcphillips Guest

Cornbread! Great idea!! We're having this for dinner tonight, and I think I'll make some. Thanks for the tip!

Replies
    Blog Entries

WOW this was so good. I made it with bone in chicken. I was really good. I sent the recipe to all my friends WW or not. It's so easy. Thanks Kathy
    Kathy

Over goal and not happy

ok,ok after all these raving reviews i've got make this tomorrow night. i've never been a crock pot person but my neighbor across the street is going to loan me hers hahaha thats horrible isnt it? i'm going to get the stuff in the am an fix it for tomorrows dinner. thanks to who ever posted this recipes. i need all the recipes i can get

Replies

I made this the other night and it was wonderful. I had some leftovers, so I used one breast and shredded it. I mixed the sauce with it and used it in a soft taco shell. I had made two for lunch, but my two year old took a bite and decided it was pretty good. He ate a whole one by himself.

This is one recipe I will be making again soon!!

Teresa
    200/200/145<BR>Nothing yet, but just you wait...I'm just getting started!

Tried this last night...all I can say is "Oink!" So easy, so good...didn't even have to defrost anything! Loved it! Thanks for the post!!! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

Replies

I doubled the recipe and I think it was too much taco seasoning so I'm going to try 1 taco seasoning, 1 HV Ranch dressing packet. Should be interesting...
    - Kimberly

291.6/291.6/262

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Emerson

Replies
    Blog Entries

Hi,

Bumping this up cause it's a really good recipe.
    Enjoy

Kathy
    Kathy

Over goal and not happy

Thanks! I tried this one tonight! It was yummy and my friend didn't even realize he was eating healthy...lol

Lumpy Guest

Made this for supper last night. Ho, baby! Good stuff!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast