Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CROCKPOT (OR BAKED) CRANBERRY CHICKEN

I made this and also have to say it is VERY GOOD!!
    I used the catalina dressing. This will be a recipe I make often! Thanks!
    Sincerely,
    Carla
    ~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

I'm going to try this one. Maybe even MY picky crew will like it. Definitely not telling what's in it in advance though.

Kim

I have to post about this recipe again, because its so good!

I am making this for dinner tonight. I thought I would try a pork loin this time. Oh my gosh its delish, I just tested a little sliver to see how it was fairing. Can't wait for dinner!

What a great recipe!

Replies
    Blog Entries

I'm definitely going to have to check this one out -- it looks really yummy! However, I have a stupid question -- is the chicken uncooked or cooked when you put it in the crockpot?
    Things I'm Most Looking Forward To:
    No more back fat!
    More E-N-E-R-G-Y!
    Buying stylish, not oversized clothes
    Packing smaller clothes
    Living long enough to see my grandchildren grow up
    Having a stable wardrobe
    Ability to handle cravings
    The END of binging!
    A healthier me!

Mardee, it goes in uncooked, and in fact I usually just put mine in frozen! I freeze raw boneless skinless chicken breast halves individually in sandwich bags, it makes it easy to take out the number I need and leave the rest frozen solid.

This is a great recipe - easy and very tasty. Give it a try!

Char

Replies

It's 8 hours of cooking time is that on low or high settings.
    Peggy

Replies

Hi Peggie,

That would be low.
    [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Replies

I did it on high for 6 hours and it was so gooood, my sister loved it to she said it's a keep [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    Peggy

Bump-- I actually use FF Honey Dijon dressing instead of the Catalina.

Peggy
    215/155/160 <br />Start day 8/06/01<br />Achieved goal 4/22/02!

I made this at a camping club potluck and they ate the whole crockpot full and did not know it was a "good for you" recipe. I like doing that. It was very good and it is a keeper. Thank you.

Here's another twist. Could not remember what was in this recipe when I decided to make chicken breasts last night. I knew the can of cranberry sauce and then I added a cup of salsa. It turned out great.

Replies

Hi All,

One of my very smart friends, gave me this idea.

I made the original recipe (with 1000 Island dressing this time - Good!). There's always a ton of sauce left over, so I put more chicken breasts in the remaining sauce, covered with foil and froze it. It was a good way to have another meal ready to pop in the oven AND to use up the remaining sauce.

Nummy!

I nuked it for a few minutes til it was not frozen (although I bet you could cook it frozen). Then cooked it uncovered at 350 for 45 minutes or til done.
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

This is one of my favorite recipes!! Its been ages since I made it. Usually use the catalina dressing, but gonna try french this time.

To The Top...
    Sincerely,
    Carla
    ~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

NewMeIn2003 Guest

I'd like to try this. What is the final flavor that you get with all the ingredients? Sweet?

Janet

This is a definite keeper! I made it recently with ff catalina & served it over rice. Leftovers freeze well too.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

Hi NewMeIn2003,

I would say it tasted sweet and tangy.
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

raidermom Guest

I finally got around to trying this, it's great! DH called me from work (I have to send his meals with him since he's working double shifts because of the high alert status) and he said, "That chicken you made? You can make THAT again!" That is DH's official [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] .

I made it with FF Catalina and the whole envelope of soup mix.

Debnicu Guest

[img]smile.gif[/img] I have a recipe that is very similar to this.
    Instead of chicken breasts you use a Frozen or thawed turkey breast and NO salad dressing,
    and I add 1 can(use the cranberry can)of water.
    If I use a frozen breast I cover the crockpot with foil,so the top is sealed.Once the turkey thaws I remove the foil and replace cover.I also will rotate the breast so all of the meat has a brownish color,like it is dark meat.Cook on low for 8 hours(can start out on high till liquid bubbles then turn down to low.)
    Also, I then save the liquid and after removing the meat from the carcass I will cook these like I am making turkey noodle soup.The extra ingredients give the broth a more rich flavor.
    A definate hit in our house.

I can not wait to try this. I am always looking for new recipies to make with chicken or pork. This sounds right up my alley!!!
    redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

I made this last night and everyone loved it. This one is a keeper. Thanks .
    redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

Replies

This looks WONDERFUL!! I can't wait to try it. Thanks to the original poster!
    Kate

Replies

Just had to bump this one up. The family loved it. Great simple recipe that I will be making again. Hey who knows, might even try it with a different type of meat!

DeAnna
    SW:218/CW:210/GW:140

DeAnna,

Saw your post on the 30s board and went ahead and tried this. Very yummy. I used French dressing. I love these easy crockpot recipes. Thanks for bumping it up!
    Sincerely,
    Cat
    HW167 / WW140 / CW125

I have made this too and everyone loved it but I only used half of the dressing and soup mix. Turned out ok and I'm putting it on for tonight too,it will be yummy over brown rice!
    ​Jammy

Default Re: CROCKPOT (OR BAKED) CRANBERRY CHICKEN

Another good one found way in the back. Looks great! I'll be making it soon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast