Thread: Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

I stole this from the Pizza thread to post here because I tried it tonight with Morningstar Farm Ground Meatless Crumbles instead of ground beef. It was so, so good!!! And it is incredibly easy.

Deep-Dish Pizza Casserole

Recipe by : Cooking Light
    Makes 6 servings at 5 points each

1 pkg Ground Meatless Crumbles
    1 15 ounce can chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
    cooking spray
    1 10 ounce can refrigerated pizza crust dough
    6 1 ounce slices part-skim mozzarelly cheese -- divided

Cook crumbles in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until
    heated. Add tomato sauce, and cook until heated.

While crumbles cook, coat a 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking dish. Unroll pizza crust dough, and
    press into bottom and halfway up sides of baking dish. Line bottom of pizza crust with 3 slices mozzarella cheese. Top with crumble mixture. Bake, uncovered at 425 for 12 minutes. Top with remaining 3 cheese slices, and bake 5 additional minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
    Junglejoy

Replies

I make this same pizza with Gimme'Lean Sausage. It is yummy, and DH thinks that it is real sausage.

Tam
    TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Replies

Gimme Lean rocks!!! It is so low in fat and high in protein. I cook it in patties in a nonstick skilet and cooking spray. It tastes like real sausage only not so nasty and greasy. But then... I guess sausage patties are not really meat even when it's "real" sausage... LOL
    - Original WW SW = 158.2<br />- GW = 130<br /><br />Since joining BCB:<br />8/25/03 150.5<br />9/1/03 147.5<br />9/8/03 147.5<br />9/15/03 146<br />9/22/03 144<br />10/1/03 141.5<br />10/7/03 141.5<br />10/14/03 140.5<br />= down 10 lbs

Default Re: Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

I came up with more than 5 points a serving when I made this. I just configured it (still in the oven) and it is coming up to 7.7, which is not bad for a large 1/6 piece. I used Ragu sauteed onion and garlic sauce, morningstar farms crumbles, pillsbury pizza dough and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese (1/2 on bottom, and half on top-8 ounces). I did not use reduced cheese, but when I compared the packages they were only 10 calories difference and mucho difference on the prices. Either way, I am still very excited for the results. I want to share more veggie recipes with my meat eating family where they don't say "It's good, but it would be great with a little -fill in the blank animal- in there" Maybe I need a lower point sauce. Will report to the taste (which I am sure will be great) once it's done!
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

Default Re: Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

mmmmmmmmm

so worth it
    PinkGlttr
    a new mama, back and ready for bootcamp business!
    HW: 205ish... pregnant
    SW: 190.4
    CW: 182
    MiniGoal: 185.4 MET!
    MiniGoal: 180.4

6. Default Re: Deep Dish Pizza Casserole

Sarah~
    Recently I could only find the Pillsbury Refrigerated Pizza dough in a container that says something like "NOW BIGGER". When I reconfigured the point value for the entire pizza it too was "NOW BIGGER"! But you will never be disappointed with the taste.
    :bcbsalute MT
    MT