Ok, so I'm a food network junkie. I know this. I admit it. I'm ok with it. Someday I'll be a chef, right now, I have to work. Oh well.

So anyway, I was watching this show, 30 minute meals, this weekend and she did a dish called 3 bean chili. It was vegetarian and looked so good. I'm always trying to find new vegetarian dishes to serve to my meat and potatoes husband. (this man would be happy to eat Thanksgiving dinner every night of the week. But then, he's only 140 lbs and doesn't gain weight, so he can do that)

Anyway, I tried this chili last night. It was soooooooooo good. You would never know that it didn't have meat in it, it was so hardy. And it really only took about 10 minutes to make. I let it cook another 10 or 15 and it was done. That simple. And it was a full meal.

PS: I only used 15 oz. of tomatoes because that's all I had. It was great. I used crushed red pepper sauce for my hot sauce because that's what I had and it's 0 points. Added a little extra and it was a little on the spicy side. I topped mine with a little FF cheese and sour cream.

Oh, and this made 4 HUGE servings.
2 T. olive or vegetable oil
1 med yellow onion chopped
1 large bell pepper, red or green, seeded & chopped
1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded & chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
1 c. pale beer or vegetable stock/broth
1 (32- oz) can crushed tomatoes
1 (14-oz) can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 (14-oz) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 T. ground cumin
2 T. chili powder
1 T. cayenne hot pepper sauce
1 t. coarse salt
1 cup spicy vegetarian refried beans

This Tex-Mex great pleaser is another vegetarian happy medium to please meat eaters and meat-free-ers alike.

Over moderate heat, add oil to a deep pot and combine onion, peppers, and garlic. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes to soften vegetables. Deglaze pan with beer or broth, add tomatoes, black beans, red kidney beans, and stirring to combine.

Season chili with cumin, chili powder, hot sauce, and salt. Thicken chili by stirring in refried beans. Simmer over low heat about 5 to 10 minutes longer, then serve up bowls of chili and top as desired.