Thread: What is Kashi?

Replies

I assume it is a brand name, but what is the actual product it's made from? Where do you find it in the store?
    Nothing takes the place of persistence. -- Calvin Coolidge<br /><br />Robyn C. <br />*******************************<br /><br />Goal of 135 pounds: December 19, 2002

Kashi is a cereal company, like Post. I find their products both in the cereal aisle and the health foods aisle. My favorite of their cereals is Good Friends, which has 8 grams of dietary fiber per 3/4 c serving (1 point per serving). I like to use it to add crunch to my lowfat yogurt.

According to the box, Good Friends is made of stone ground whole oats, long grain brown rice, rye, hard red winter wheat, triticale, buckwheat, barley, sesame seeds, wheat bran, corn, evaporated cane juice, corn bran, oat fiber, honey, mixed fruit juice concentrate, soy protein concentrate, crispy brown rice, wheat gluten, soybean oil, salt, and annatto.

I hope this helps!

Replies

Thanks, I'll see if I can find it next time I'm in the store.
    Nothing takes the place of persistence. -- Calvin Coolidge<br /><br />Robyn C. <br />*******************************<br /><br />Goal of 135 pounds: December 19, 2002

Hi Robyn--

My favorite is Kashi go lean crunch...3 points per 1 cup serving and VERY filling! I eat it with milk, on yogurt, or by itself as a filling snack straight from the baggie at work!

Tastes like sugar smacks.

--anne
    God Bless America!!

Replies

I got Puffed Kashi at the Whole Foods Market on Friday night. It is excellent, reminds me of Super Sugar Crisp (now known by its politically correct name of Super Golden Crisp)

Kashi is a cereal company- you can look them up online www.kashi.com. They have a variety of products (not just cereal).

Good luck!

Just to add a bit of confusion, do you know about kasha? Kasha is cracked buckwheat and is usually sold in natural food stores. It is very similar to bulgar.

jj
    Success is a journey not a destination!

Replies

Yeah, I'd heard of that and that's what was stumping me as to whether it was a brand name or a generic food name. LOL

Replies

When I first heard about it, I bought just the regular Kashi, which I think is awful. Then, I bought a box of Good Friends, which is a bunch of twigs (to me anyway) and is so,so. However, I don't see it in the grocery stores here. I bought it at the Bulk Food store. I won't be buying it again as I don't like it well enough to pay over $6 a box for it.

Ashlee [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Be the change that you want to be.