Thread: My new favorite!

Replies

This may be old hat for everyone else but I'm so tickled with how good this is I had to share. I got to thinking about my George Foreman Grill and what I could cook on it. I sliced up some red onion, zuchini, yellow squash, and mushrooms. Sprayed the grill with lemon-flavored Pam, added the veggies, and covered everything with a liberal dose of garlic powder, black pepper, and dill. Totally tasty and absolutely no points! I've been thinking of adding some green pepper to it for variety. I have been eating this day after day for about 2 weeks. It also is great to put in a foil packet on a regular charcoal grill. I eat this with (giggle, giggle) NY Texas Cheese Toast. Since the veggies have no points I don't mind the 4.5 points a slice for the bread. Decadent!

Becky
    192.4/179.6/145

Thinkin Thin Guest

Becky - I agree with you! This is great! My DH works evenings right now, and my two DDs and I are real veggie eaters. We make grilled veggies all the time for us. I cook chicken breasts ahead of time, or we'll have some other protein, but the grilled veggies are superb!!! And 0 points!!!

Patty

Sounds good. A word of caution though. I have read others say not to spray the G F Grill. They say it messes of the coating on the grill. Try just spraying your vegetables.
    ann p

I was thinking about trying this myself, I like roasted veggies but its too hot to fire up the oven.
    I don't know about anyone else but I have a HECK of a time cleaning my GF grill, so I'll make alot of veggies to make it worth the effort :rolleyes:
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

Replies

Cheryl--have you tried letting the grill cool down and then scraping it with the plastic spatula? This worked much better for me. Another thing you can try, I hope it doesn't hurt it, is to sprinkle baking soda while the grill is warm--not hot--and cover the area with wet paper towels. After 15 minutes or so, things should just wipe off!
    I learned the baking soda thingy from my son, who worked at McD's when he was in high school. They used it when coffee burned on the bottom of the glass coffee pot! Jan

Replies

I'll have to look into the part about spraying the grill. I have tried using lemon juice though and it is also real tasty. A lot of the juice evaporates though so it uses a lot.

I have since modified my original recipe a little. I've since used the red, orange, and yellow bell peppers and they are excellent. Very sweet.

Becky

This sounds good, I'm going to try it. Thanks for the idea!
    Bev

Only spiritual food can satisfy my deepest needs!

HW225/CW168.4/GW125

Pictures

Wow - this one looks good. I have been thinking about getting one of those George Forman grills. I think I will get one this week. That idea about the baking soda sounds good too. Did anyone try that?

Thanks for another great meal idea.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby