Thread: Need some help

Replies

Hi everyone,
    I too am rejoining WW but this time I would really like to do it without meat and maybe try without chicken. I've been reading all I can get my hands on about becoming a Vegetarian. The more I read, the more I uncomfitable I feel about eating just about anything with a face. It's funny that this would starting bothering me at my age but I guess ignorence was a big part of the picture. Anyway, I have 45 lbs to loose and would like some ideas on how to get started and be successful with WW. Think I've tried
    every diet out there over the past few years.
    Think this is the right road because it can be a healthy lifelong way to eat.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Abby

2. Default

Hi Abby,

I'm not a vegetarian at all, but my husband and I love vegetarian meals and have them 3 or 4 times a week. I'm also leaning away from meat, especially beef, and I'm constantly looking for more "meat free" main meals.

The best place to start, I imagine, is to go to your local book store and find a low-fat vegetarian cookbook. There's lots and lots to choose from. Make sure you get one that lists all the nutritional analyses (analysis's? Whatever...you know what I mean [img]smile.gif[/img]), so that you can figure out your points. Also, there are a lot of great recipes to be found on the internet.

Good luck!

By the way, I used to live not too far away from you in Ocean Springs, Mississippi!

Let us know how you do.

SB
    147 current/125 goal