Thread: Beef Enchiladas

This recipe was created out of the need to stretch a roast that I got of the freezer and after it was thawed, realized that it was too small to use for a regular Sunday dinner. So I got creative and made these enchiladas - the family loved them. I served them with a lettuce/tomato salad for a very satisfying meal.

Beef Enchiladas
    Course | Main Meals
    Serves | 4
    POINTS per serving | 6

Ingredients

8 oz cooked lean beef round
    1 cup canned tomatoes with green chilis
    8 small corn tortilla(s)
    1 cup Kraft 2% Milk Reduced Fat Natural Shredded Cheese Cheddar & Monterey Jack
    8 1/2 oz canned enchilada sauce

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Finely shred beef and combine w/tomatoes. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide beef & tomato mixture between 8 tortillas. Pour a small amount of the enchilada sauce into a 9 x 13 pan sprayed with cooking spray. Roll up each filled tortilla and lay in pan seam side down. Pour remaining enchilda sauce over top. Spread cheese evenly over enchildas. Bake 20 minutes. Two enchiladas per serving.
    Ya-Ya Name: "Dutchess Purrs Like a Kitten"<br />Start Date: 2/11/03<br />204/171/150

Lori, This looks great, and perfect for a little pit of pot roast I have left. I'm going to try it tonight. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thank you!

printing out....

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hi, [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] I made this last night for DH, and he flipped out over it! It was a big, big, hit! So big, that I promised to make it again for him tonight.

Thank you for a winner! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby