Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impossible Taco Pie

Replies

Yum! Guess what my family is having for dinner tonight? Thanks for the recipe, Mary!

Thank you, thank you, thank you,

We love anything Mexican flavored, this sounds like a winner. Will try it real soon.

katy, [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    SW: 232.4 (08/16/02
    Dr.G. 180.0
    PG: 155.0
    LIFETIME: 06/18/04

Slow and steady like the turtle.

6 servings 5 points per serving

1 lb. 95% lean ground beef (after cooking I had 13 oz, for 13 points)
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    1-2 packages taco seaoning dry mix (1.5 points per package)
    3/4 cup Bisquick (7 points)
    1 1/4 cup skim milk (2.5 points)
    3 eggs or Eggbeaters ( I used Eggbeaters, with the green peppers for 3 points)
    lettuce, chopped
    tomatoe
    olives (10 olives chopped 1 point)

Preheat oven to 400.

Grease pie plate or small square pan. Cook and stir the ground beef and onion till beef is brown, drain. Stir in seasoning mix, spoon into pie plate. Beat baking mix, milk and eggs about 1 min with wire whisk. Pour over hamburger. Bake about 25 min., or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. May sprinkle with cheese if desired. Cool 5 min. I served the slice of pie on the plate with lettuce, tomatoe and olive. We also used 0 point Salsa. My DH really enjoyed this, it was like a taco without the points for the tortilla.
    SW 296<br />CW 236 1/2<br />Dr.s goal 180<br />Marys goal 150<br /><br />A ship in a harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.<br />Mary

This sounds good to me also!

Thanks!

printing out....

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Beth7Happy Guest

This looked wonderful to me, so I made it tonite for dinner...only with a few 'variations', so I'm unsure of my points.....

the changes were:
    1 pkg only of the taco seasoning mix
    the 'reduced' vs the regular bisquick mix
    1 egg only
    no olives, but I added a smidge..maybe 2T fat free grated cheddar...

It was scrumptious!!! Hubby at HALF my pie!! eeek!!! Any comments???? I'm not quite sure how to figure my points... (if they are any different)

my package of taco seasoning was 1.5 points, the egg would be 2 point........ the rest you could figure out from the package or from your points book.
    SW 296<br />CW 236 1/2<br />Dr.s goal 180<br />Marys goal 150<br /><br />A ship in a harbour is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.<br />Mary

Replies

I made this and my whole family loved it!!!!
    Thanks for sharing.

Hey I want to make this for my family and have made the following calculationsplease tell me if this sounds right to you all)

The ground beef I use says 4oz. is 150 calories and 4 grams of fat.I only use 12oz. cooked for recipe,this comes to 10 points.I will use one pack of taco seasoning 1.5pts.,3/4 cup of reduced bisquick 6pts.,1 1/4 cup skim milk 2.5pts.,eggbeaters to equal 3 eggs 3pts. and 1 cup ff shredded cheese 4pts..When I work this all up and put into my calculator it comes to 4.5 pts. per serving at 6 servings.Does this sound right to you all?
    Ronda

Recomitted 5/30/7

SW:515
    CW:485.2
    GOAL:464

POUNDS DOWN:29.8

This was wonderful!!! I had the leftovers for lunch!! I also served this with refried beans and that made a wonderful side dish!! I also topped pie with sour cream and low-fat shredded cheese!!! Thanks for sharing [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]

I thought this was great. DH didn't like it though. Thanks for posting.

Sarah
    Sarah

196.8/173/150/140
    Start(first time W/I)/Current/WWGoal/Personal Goal

April 26, 2008 Began my journey back to Goal.
    5-9-08 Began Core
    10-25-08-Made goal
    12-4-08-Made Lifetime
    11-29-09-Starting again

I made this for dinner tonight and everyone including by brother who doesn't eat anything low-cal or healthy loved it. thanks

It sounds good to me also. Think I'll be making this real soon. Thanks....Karyn [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Joined WW at 163 - 1 Jul 02<br />Made goal at 140 - 30 Sep 02<br />138 - 21 Oct 02<br />137.5 - 28 Oct<br />Lifetime: 137 - 4 Nov<br />14 Nov: 136.5<br />1 Aug: 140; 1 Sep: 135, Mar 04: 131,Apr04 - 126.5

this sounds so good can't wait to try it .

14. Post

I made this for dinner on Friday with the super lean ground turkey. It came out very well!
    With the ground turkey and LF bisquick it came out to 4 points each with 6 servings.

Thanks for posting this. I am going to look into the other bisquick impossible pies.
    Carla [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

bump

ClaremoreZebraBandMom0407 Guest

Sounds great, I'm going to have to try it this weekend.

I'm adding this to my "must try" list! Thanks a bunch [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

Has anyone tried this with TVP?

Tam
    TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

Replies

Exactly what does TVP stand for? I've used the morningstar crumbles in the Glop, but I'm not sure what this is. Soy also right? Thanks Rhonda
    Definitely going to try this recipe this week, but have to double it. How does it do left over?
    Hugs, Rhonda<br /><br />"Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisors they succeed" Proverbs l5:22<br /><br /> 5'5"<br /> WWSW-190<br /> CW-174<br /> WWGW-150<br /> PGW-145<br /><br />NEVER GIVE UP! NEVER SURRENDER!<br />GALAXY QUEST

Replies

Rhonda: TVP means Textured Vegetable Protein. Sometimes it's also listed as TSP, meaning Textured Soy Protein. I'm going to make this tonight and I will use half gr. beef and half TVP and I'm sure no one will even be able to tell that its not all gr. beef. Plus it will reduce the points by almost one-half. Not bad, huh?
    JeanetteSki

Replies

Ok, tried this before I went on vacation and forgot to come back and post. I only had one problem. I thought the object of these "Impossible" pies was that the crust sinks to the bottom during the baking. Right? or not? Mine stayed on top. Was this supposed to happen, or did I do something wrong? Seemed like alot of egg to me. I could taste the egg in the crust. Anyone else have this problem? Otherwise, I thought it was good, but I thought the crust was supposed to be on the bottom not on the top of the pie.
    JeanetteSki

abigailjessica Guest

I just wanted to say thanks for this recipe. I made it last night and everyone loved it. Most importantly I loved it. [img]smile.gif[/img] It was really easy and I am not much of a cook so that was a bonus. Thanks again!

Replies

This sounds like something I'd like to try. Thanks. Sheila

WCFD52 Guest

I made this for dinner tonight and it gets a [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] from my family. We don't like very spicy foods so I only used 1/2 a pack of Chili Seasoning (I didn't have Taco Mix). It was flavorful, but not overpowering, and very good with salsa and a large salad. My points ended up being 4 per serving - I used 96% lean beef, no olives and 1 whole egg and 2 whites. I will definitely make this again. It was simple to put together and fast cooking - thanks for the recipe.

FYI - Since it was good with Salsa on top, I think it would be even better with a little FF Sour Cream too - that will be on the shopping list for the next time .

Shannon [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

This rates [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] -- one from me & one from my DH.

Don't you just love these recipe threads? We're always adjusting the recipes and getting & giving great ideas.

Now, for MY version:

I substituted 2 cups of Morningstar Farms Crumbles (5 pts.) for the meat, added chopped plum tomato, cut back to two eggs, 1/2 package of taco seasoning, and used RF Bisquick instead of regular. The substitutions took it down to just over 3 points per serving for 6 serving. (about 3.1 pts.) AND it was yummy and very filling.

This recipe is definitely a keeper! Thanks for the original post, Mary!

Deedee
    Deedee

"Do or do not. There is no try." (Yoda)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast