Thread: Peas & Hamburger W/Mashed Potatoes

Replies

I've debated with myself about posting this receipe because it's so easy and fast that I wasn't sure anyone would like it. But I gave this to a coworker last week who was looking for a fast & easy supper and she came back and told me how much she and her DH like it. Apparently, they ate the whole dish between themselves that nite! This prompted me to post this. It's very good comfort-type food, and only 4pts per serving, according to my MC. Hope you like it.

Peas & Hamburger w/Mashed Potatoes:
    1/2 cup of each = 2 pts. of each

4 ounces lean beef, browned and drained
    1/2 - 3/4 cup textured soy protein, reconstituted
    16 ounces canned green peas, drained
    4 ounces onion, chopped
    12 ounces gravy, pork jar, (I used pork because that's what I had, but you could use Mushroom, Brown, or whatever)
    1 box Four Cheese Mashed Potatoes, per box (I usually use instant mashed potatoes)
    1 cup skim milk
    2 tablespoons low fat butter

1.Prepare potatoes according the package directions and set aside.

2. Brown hamburger with reconsituted TVP and onion.

3. Add jar gravy and canned peas and mix. Bring to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes until the peas are hot.

4. Serve over the mashed potatoes.

I'm kind of new at this MC thing, so if someone figures this differently, please let me know. I'll be embarrassed, but let me know anyway!
    JeanetteSki

Replies

Thanks! Don't ever hesitate from posting quick and easy recipes on here. I'm willing to try the "gourmet" ones sometimes but otherwise love spending as little time in the kitchen as possible.
    Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

This sounds very good! I think my DH & DD would enjoy this too. Thanks for posting.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

We made this for dinner tonight! It is soo very fast and delicious! I used mushroom gravy and frozen peas.

One thing though...I have never used the box potatoes you listed. I opened the box and there were 2 packets of potatoes inside. I started to panic wondering if I was supposed to make both. I decided on one pkg and it worked out fine!

Thanks it was a very satisfy meal. Just back from seeing star wars and im still feeling full from this dinner!
    Sincerely,
    Carla
    ~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Replies

Carla: So glad you liked this receipe. It's so easy it's almost criminal! Like I said, I'm not a gourmet cook, but this is soooo good and easy, it seems like there's something wrong here. But it's just so good and satisfying. Like I said, it's a comfort food that we can still have!! I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    JeanetteSki

I made this yesterday & loved how easy it is. It's great to have some quick, no-oven recipes. My 20 month-old DD loved it. She kept saying, "more, more." I doubt she realized she ate peas- very cool!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

Lori: I'm so glad that people are trying this receipe. I was doubtful when I first posted it that anyone would even like it. I'm glad you enjoyed it -- and your 20-month-old DD! Kids do seem to enjoy this also!