Thread: Quiche....Yummy!!!

Hi Sharon, This one looks great!

Do you mind if I play around with it a little, to bring the points down a little bit?

Thanks,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

This is sooooo yummy and low points too...Quiche usually about 12 points for 1/12th a pie...this is only 6 1/2 points for a very generous serving.

Use a 9x13 inch baking dish
    12 servings
    Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. I test with knife. If knife comes out clean then it is done.

6 eggs
    3 cup 1% milk
    1 cup homemade biscuit mix...1 cup flour, 2 tsp. oil and 1 tsp. baking powder well mixed.
    1/2 cup butter (acutally I use 1/3 cup)
    1/2 tsp. salt-pepper

You can add spinach or broccoli too...yum. If you choose to add vegs add them now.

Pour in blender and blend well...pour into baking dish,then let stand 5 minutes.

Next press 1/2 cup chopped onion and 6,crumbled, slices crisp well drained bacon onto top of quiche. Top with 8 oz. grated or well chopped Velveta lite.

ENJOY!! ENJOY!!!

Replies

Hello Dawna...

I don't mind at all...would love it!! Fewer points all the better.

In fact, today a friend and I were talking about this recipe and decided that the butter can be cut back to 1/4 cup and I am going to use part skim Mozzarella. I think the cheese is a trade in point wise but the 1/4 cup less butter will cut the points back some and I will use ff canned milk too. I don't have my points stuff up here tonight so I will post the difference in points tomorrow. Dawna, I look forward to hearing what you come up with.

And...my friend says that putting the onions and bacon in baking dish first then pouring in mix works great.

Thanks..Sharon

Sounds like a great recipe to experment with- various veggies, etc.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Hey, Dawna - still waiting to see what you do with this one! Mouth watering! Hurry, Hurry!!

Char

Replies

A friend helped me figure this one out and I baked this and it is wonderful!

3 eggs
    1 1/2 cup ff canned milk
    NO BUTTER AT ALL!!!
    1 cup low fat Bisquick
    salt and pepper

blend and allow to sit for 5 minutes

1/4 cup finely chopped onion and 3 strips crisp bacon crumbled.
    1/2 reduced fat cheese...i used part skim Mozzarella

place onion, bacon and cheese on bottom of sprayed (oil) 8x8 baking dish. Then pour in egg mix. ...

This is sooooo good!!

Makes 6 very generous servings for 4 points!! yes only 4!!

enjoy..this is a keeper!

JeMarie Guest

Could you use eggbeaters in place of whole eggs? Wouldn't that bring the points down? I'm not very good at randomly figuring points - but I do know that Eggbeaters are fewer points than eggs.

Je

Char, Sorry about that...I have been working all week on a new 1=P ABM Apple Cinnamon bread recipe for everyone. I almost have it, but this one has been tricky & it's taken some time.
    Have you tried my 1=P raisin cinnamon bread?

Anyway, I am making the quiche for lunch tomorrow, and I will see what I can do with it then. I would like to get it to 3=Points/serving.

later....
    Dawna

This sounds fantastic! I didn't know that there is such a thing as low-fat Bisquick. I will have to hunt it down. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

This sounds like a great Sunday Brunch main dish.

Thanks!

WCFD52 Guest

This sounds really good and its getting more attractive as the points go down!! My problem is that I can't stand bacon - sad but true .

I have never made Quiche before, but would love to try this. So can anyone help with any substitutions I can make and any advice on adding certain 0 point veggies to the recipe? I love mushrooms and broccoli - would those work?

Thanks for any help .

Shannon [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Replies

Yes they would work and they are great in quiche.

Have never joined weight watchers, don't really want to go to meetings but have decided I want to lose some weight, and just found this board. Sounds like you guys are really working hard at this and love all the neat recipes. One question about this quiche which sounds yummy, stupid question? You do have to bake it, right? What temp and how long? Thanks for all these wonderful ideas and recipes.

Replies

Hi Abear,

Use a 9x13 inch baking dish
    Makes 12 servings
    Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
    I test with knife.
    If knife comes out clean then it is done.
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Thanks Diane, I hadn't read the top original recipe...duh..but this does sound like a good one to try..I did find the low fat bisquick last night..amazing what you find when you start looking. Thanks for the advice.
    Gayle

Replies

You are welcome!
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Made the quiche today...it is so yummy...hubby, son, and his girlfriend loved it.I used the 4 pt. version and added mushrooms. Thanks for such a good recipe. I am new to this. Could someone tell me how you figure our how many calories,fat grams, equals to 1 point? Thanks for wonderful posts.
    Gayle