1 pound pork tenderloin
    1/2 teaspoon spicy Oriental style ground red pepper
    1 teaspoon sesame oil
    2 jars Kimchee, mild or hot
    1/2 medium onion, cut into slivers
    2 cloves garlic, smashed and chopped
    1 medium bell pepper, cut into slivers
    nonstick cooking spray, garlic flavored preferred

Trim all visible fat and silverskin from pork and cut into thin strips, about 1/4" x 2" - place strips in sealable bag and sprinkle in ground red pepper and sesame oil. Press out air, seal, and "massage" the oil and pepper to coat each strip. Let the pork marinate while you cut the veggies into strips.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Coat with the garlic flavored spray. Brown the pork in 2-3 batches. Set aside. Respray pan and brown the onion and pepper strips til limp, then add garlic; stir fry a couple minutes, then add the drained kimchee. Stirfry til limp, then add the pork strips back to the pan and stirfry til heated through.

This makes 4 servings, I figured the points at 6 points per serving.

Spicy and delicious!

Char

Replies

Thanks Char! This sounds great!!

I just discovered KimChee last week. Do you know the point value for KimChee on it's own?

Per ounce, Kimchee is 5 calories, 0 fat, < 1 g fiber, aka 0 points!

I always count it as a 0 point veggie, and sometimes I can eat half the jar :eek: .

Char

BUMP for JJ!

Replies

Okay, what is KimChee, and where do you find it?
    Tina

Mstina, kimchee is a Korean spiced and fermented cabbage mixture. It can be very hot, or fairly mild. People seem to either LOVE it, or HATE it!

What I buy comes in a 16 ounce glass jar and is refrigerated. Some markets have it in the produce section, some in another refrigerated section someplace. You may have a hard time finding it in Russellville though! [img]smile.gif[/img]

A note about kimchee: open the jar in the sink, as the liquid has a tendency to want to escape the jar as soon as you break the seal!

Char

nursey Guest

Char --
    This looks GREAT I love spicy food too.. I was wondering if Kimchee is salty? I don't really know anything about it... we have a HUGE new Asian market around the corner and I could look there... just wanted to know a little more about it??
    Thanks for posting the recipe..
    Amy [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Buta Kimchee will be a regular in our house now. Or at least whenever I get to a store that sells Kimchee. We love it! Next time, I will buy the "hot" instead of the "mild". To answer one of the questions above, I did not find it at all salty.

I love discovering new & different foods!

Thanks.

jj
    Success is a journey not a destination!