1 can (14.5 oz) Italian or Mexican diced tomatoes, drained
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
    3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
    1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
    3 Tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley, divided
    4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
    1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese

In nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion & garlic over medium until no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes, chili powder & cumin. Bring to boil; remove from heat. In bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella & 2 Tablespoons cilantro.
    Place one tortilla in 9 inch round cake pan coated with cooking spray. Layer with half of meat sauce, one tortilla, all of ricotta mixture, another tortilla & remaining meat sauce. Top with remaining tortilla; sprinkle with cheddar cheese & remaining cilantro. Cover & bake @ 400 for 15 minutes or until heated through & cheese is melted.

Makes 6 servings
    one piece equals 250 cal, 9 g fat, 1 g fiber>>>> 6 pts
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

peachplus Guest

What a wonderful way for another use for tortillas. Thank you for the idea.

If you haven't already tried it, whole wheat flour tortilla for a single pie crust. It works great and the only kind of crust I use now.

Oh this sounds so good. Going to include this in this week's recipes somewhere. Thanks for posting it.

Kim

Hi, I made this last week, and was going to post it for everyone, if it came out good. I can't for the life of me remember where I got it, but it was awful. No one here would eat it.
    One thing I did that was different from the recipe was instead of beef, I used Morningstar Veggie Crumbles (I never use ground beef in anything). Now, those veggie crumbles have never let me down in anything else, but there's always a first time....maybe this was it. I thought this looked like a pretty good recipe myself.

If all of you who try this with real beef like it, then I will have my answer.

later...
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Hi Dawna

Sorry you didn't like it. Thanks for the info though. I was going to make it again with the veggie crumbles & make some other changes to lower the points. Now I probably won't try it that way.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Lori - I made this and it is DELICIOUS!

Dawna - maybe it was the veggie crumbles. I'm a very "picky" eater and I loved this.

I'll be making it often.

Thanks for posting Lori!
    Yummmmmmmm.
    [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Allie<br />Recommitted 01/05/04<br />282.0/272.5/working on 250<br /><br />"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson<br /><br />"Light is the task when many share the toil." - Homer

Replies

Hi I got this recipe from Light and Tasty for May. I made it and it was very good. My kdis weren't to thrilled but my dh and i really liked it. I made it with the lean ground beef.
    SW 178<br />CW 137<br />GW 134<br /> Reached goal on 9/02. Recommitted 12/30. Goal by 2/16...cruise vacation !<br />If you fail to plan, you plan to fail

sslider66 Guest

Sounds great! I've got some ground turkey in my frige just waiting to be used!

Shelia

Sounds really good! I cant wait to try it! The one thing I miss is mexican food!!!Thanks for the recipe. [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    "Go Confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you imagined."-Thoreau

SW-155.6/CW-152.0/WWGW-??/PGW-120