Thread: Buffalo Meatball Subs

Replies

Hello,

I was really craving a low cal low point meat ball sub and this is what I came up with.
    Take 1/4 pound buffalo burger (I get mine from trader joe's)thaw it out. Or use lean meat.
    Mix with chopped onions and seasoning salt and garlic powder and any of your other favorite seasonings. Roll into 5 small meatballs and fry rolling them around to cook evenly.
    Get your favorite bread I used Klostermans Hoagi rolls (3points)
    Coat with your fav spag sauce 1/4 to 1/2 cup mush up meatballs and place on bun I add sauted mushrooms and onions and sliced balck olives a sprinkle of FF or low fat cheese bake in oven till bread is golen brown and Voila A meatball sub.
    Total POints
    3 for meat
    3 for bread
    1 for 1/4 cup of sauce 2 for 1/2
    1 for 1/4 cup of shredded cheese
    This is totally worth the 8 points for a very filling meal add your favorite veggie as a side and you are good to go. Enjoy!!!

Heather, Heather, Heather.....that sounds yyyuuuuummmmmmy. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for posting. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Allie<br />Recommitted 01/05/04<br />282.0/272.5/working on 250<br /><br />"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson<br /><br />"Light is the task when many share the toil." - Homer

You can even lower the points more by removing some of the bread from the inside of the roll. I do this with bagels and don't miss it at all.
    You have to have a dream to have a dream come true

272/146

Hey Quilting Lady - what a great tip. Thanks!
    Allie<br />Recommitted 01/05/04<br />282.0/272.5/working on 250<br /><br />"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson<br /><br />"Light is the task when many share the toil." - Homer

I do something similar but I use Trader Joe's Meatless Meatballs instead of making my own. 6 meatballs (soy product) are only 2.5 points. I also use TJ's fat free marinara sauce, 1/4 cup is 0 points.

Yum!

Char