Thread: BEEF AND EGGPLANT CASSEROLE-5 points

Replies

Beef and Eggplant Casserole

1 lb lean ground beef (sirloin or round)
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    pepper, freshly ground to taste
    1 eggplant or 3 summer squash or a combination of both
    1 1/2 medium-sized onions, chopped
    1 1/2 T dill
    2 c low fat yogurt, plain

Brown meat in skillet, then rinse fat from it in a colander, if desired. Combine meat with onion, garlic, dill and pepper.

Slice eggplant or squash into long slices, about 1/8" thick. In a 8x8x2" casserole, arrange vegetables in single layer. Top with ground beef mixture. Pour yogurt on top of beef mixture. Bake in 350 oven for 45-60 minutes, until casserole starts to bubble. Makes 4 servings. 5 points per serving

calories: 284
    fat: 7 g
    percent of calories from fat: 22%
    cholesterol: 75 mg
    fiber: 4 g
    sodium: 143 mg

[img]smile.gif[/img]
    Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

Sharon, This looks good. Have you made it?

On another subject, you know I ordered Mastercook last night. I read your post over at Barbara's. I hope I am able to use mine. Mine is going to be the 5.0 version (I think). I'm nervous about this because I am not the greatest at this computer thing. However....I have a real computer whiz in my house. Anyway, I wish I could help you. Richard is going to become real familiar with mastercook so that he can help me when I have a problem. I am going to ask him to help others here also, if needed.

later........Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Sharon this sounds great - I'm going to give it a try. I don't like eggplant too much but I love squash so I'll try that way.

Thanks for posting. If you have tried it, let us know how it turned out.
    Allie<br />Recommitted 01/05/04<br />282.0/272.5/working on 250<br /><br />"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson<br /><br />"Light is the task when many share the toil." - Homer

Replies

It was a hit with my family. My son does't like eggplant at all and he really enjoyed this dish. My husband likes vegetables anyway. [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] I also like it mixed with eggplant and squash.
    Your CA buddySharon/Parklady Life time: 7-24- 01 Lost 42.2 #**********************************"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." **********************************

OOoooo this sounds really GOOD! Just bought an eggplant today too. I think I'm going to try it subbing rehydrated TVP for the ground beef...that will reduce the points quite a bit too.

Thanks for posting this, I'll let you know how it turns out with the TVP!

Char

bump
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!