Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tater Tot Casserole?

Replies

I've looked all over this section and can't find the recipe. Does anyone have it? I know it was talked about to death for awhile [img]graemlins/embarrassed.gif[/img] so I can't believe I don't have it. Thanks in advance!
    Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

2. Post

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

1 pd lean ground beef (7%fat)
    1 chopped onion,
    1 can cream of mushroom soup (98%FF),
    1 can cream of chicken soup (98%FF),
    72 onion flavored tater tots (frozen)
    1 cup "light" cheddar cheese (shredded)
    Heat oven 350. Spray 9x13 dish. Place tater tots on bottom of dish. Brown beef and onion in large skillet (drain off excess liquid), mix in soups. Mix well. Spread mixture on top of tater tots. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake 40 minutes.

12 servings..5 points
    8 servings..7 points
    220/157/147<br />Past/Present/Future

Replies

Whew - thank you!
    Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

4. Post

I changed the tater tots to 4 cups of hash browns. It lowers the point considerably. Each cup of HB are 1 point.

bump
    redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

This one sure sounds good also. Thanks...Karyn [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    Joined WW at 163 - 1 Jul 02<br />Made goal at 140 - 30 Sep 02<br />138 - 21 Oct 02<br />137.5 - 28 Oct<br />Lifetime: 137 - 4 Nov<br />14 Nov: 136.5<br />1 Aug: 140; 1 Sep: 135, Mar 04: 131,Apr04 - 126.5

My DH would love this. Can't wait to try it out! Thanks much!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

My standard recipe for tator tot casserole includes a bag (16oz) of frozen mixed veggies. I have also used a bag of California Blend and it's great. I never thought of being able to have this OP, it's a favorite around here.
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

I finally got around to making this and it was a hit with my family. I wish it was lower in points though [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    redhed933<br />SW:237.2<br />recommited 05/25/04<br />sw:221<br />cw:215<br />GW:147

Yum does this ever sound good!! I can't wait to try it, and so easy. My kind of recipe after a long day at work. Thanks!!
    Lori
    100lbs gone on 6-16-06

SW 284.6/CW 174.4/WWGW 150/PGW 135
    110.2 lbs Gone Forever!!!!
    Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

Made this the other night & it was a hit. I'll definitely make it again. What a yummy & easy recipe!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Thanks for the reciepe..I made this the other night, and It was a big hit..It is soooo good.. Will be making it again...

Fribbit
    fribbit

restart:
    sw 176
    cw 135.5
    ww gw 141
    my gw 130

start ww 8/22/02
    sw 198
    goal 129!! made it!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/fribbitspage

I made this last night and DH was asking for seconds before he touched anything else on his plate! I had to tell the kids to save me one square(I cut it into 8). I also used hashbrowns with onions and green peppers in it instead of tator tots. Very Yummy. A definite repeat soon.
    Thanks for the recipe.

Lori [img]smile.gif[/img]

I was wondering if I would be able to partially prepare this and bake it the next day? I was planning on browning the beef/mixing the soups and putting it all togther in the baking dish and then refrigerating it til the next day so it would be done sooner... I get home from work late and am having company...what do you think? will it still be as tasty?

Replies

I tried this recipe last week and forgot to come back and post a report. Duh! This is a keeper at our house too. I subbed TVP for the gr. beef and I used the recipe for make-ahead-mixes that I found on the board also for a can of the 98% FF Chicken soup, which I discovered I didn't have. It all worked well and tasted great! That substitution for the 98% FF soup is great -- and it keeps on the shelf -- and is mucho cheaper than the soup at the store! I'll be using this again too. As close as I can tell, it comes to 1.22 pts. per can and it makes 9 cans.
    JeanetteSki

I made this last night and it was wonderful. One of those comfort type foods for me. DH went back for seconds. It's a keeper, and with a salad or vegie on the side. I don't think that 7 points is that high for dinner. The portions were big.
    Becky

"Every moment is an opportunity to succeed."

17. Post

This sounds sooo yummy!! I'm going to have to make this soon. I think I'm going to try it with the hash browns though...anything to make it more point friendly. [img]smile.gif[/img] Thanks for sharing everyone.
    SW 260<br />CW 262<br />GW 135<br />"If the frog had wings...he wouldn't have bumped his a**"

GingerIsMyPuppy Guest

I desparately needed a new recipe for dinner. Thanks so much. We will be having this one soon!

Bumping this up for dinner! I forgot about it and its a family favorite. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Lori
    100lbs gone on 6-16-06

SW 284.6/CW 174.4/WWGW 150/PGW 135
    110.2 lbs Gone Forever!!!!
    Intentions make all the difference. Being mindful and attentive to your inner state is key to making outward changes that matter and last.

Nancy - yes this can be made up ahead of time and baked the next day, I do that frequently. My recipe is a little different.

1 pound lean ground beef (4% fat)
    1 can green beans (undrained)
    1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
    about 1/2 can of water to mix soup
    1/2 bag of Ore Ida tater tots

bake at 350 for 45minutes to an hour covered, add slices of velveeta cheese bake again until cheese is melted and serve. I am not sure how many points this one is. I have the leftovers for lunch at work!
    Sharisse

HPrepregW 213.2
    PrePregW 206.8
    Highest Preg W 218.4
    CW 171.2
    Height 5'4"
    www.picturetrail.com/reser

purecheez Guest

Default Re: Tater Tot Casserole?

I used half the tater tots (36) and then the other half hash browns. I used real cheese, an italian cheese blend that has a good flavor. By doing half/half the pieces were 5.75 (6) cutting it into 8 pieces. Pretty darn good.

Replies

I love this dish. It is yummy and easy to make. Thanks so much!!
    Heather

SW 4/29/06 189.8
    2006 is the year!

PhatLady Guest

Another hit in our household. I really appreciate the buddies that take the time to share their recipes! It was delish!

Replies

This sounds great and I want to make it for a special dinner for DBF tomorrow night.. couple questions though...

1.) What is the point difference if I use hash browns instead of tater tots? (I'll be cutting it into 8 servings)

2.) How much of the hash browns do I use? (btw.. are we talking about the shredded ones??)

I want this dinner to be special... I'm trying to kick start our relationship.. add a bit more romance! That's my only reason for askin the questions... otherwise I'd just experiment!

Thanks in Advance!!!
    Dani

SW: 228.5 lbs (09/01/07)
    WW SW: 220.5 (10/12/07)
    CW: 213.0 (11/09/07)
    1st 10%: 198.5
    GW: 140 lbs

Lost so far: 15.5 lbs!!

Blaze Guest

WOW!! I cooked this for dinner and it is delicous!! My DH even went back for seconds. I also used the hashbrowns vs the tater tots.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast