Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Stove Top Meatloaf

Thank you!....Off to the grocery store I go.

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

WCFD52 Guest

This is one of my family's favorite OP meals and I didn't see it listed here in the last year's worth of posts, so I wanted to share it with you.

Stove Top Meatloaf

2 pounds of 96% lean ground beef (24 points)

1 package Stove Top Stuffing - I use the Low Sodium Chicken flavor (12 points)

1/2 cup eggbeaters (2 points)

1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix all ingredients together and add a bit of ketchup and dijon mustard (optional). Divide into 2 loaves, coat with a thin layer of ketchup or barbeque sauce and bake for 45 minutes or more until meat is no longer pink.

Serves - 8
    WW Winning Points - 4.75 per serving (I count it as 5 points to cover the ketchup that I use)

Total recipe is 38 points so you can choose to get more or less servings depending on how many points you have to spend. ****Be sure to adjust points if you use a different grade of beef. This is delicious (even for people who normally don't like meatloaf). Hope you enjoy .

[img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

I use a similiar recipe and I put it in muffin pans and then every little loaf has some crispy.

and easy to freeze left overs allready measured out.
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

Do you make up the stuffing first and then add it to the meat or just throw it all in dry?

Kim

Replies

My points book says that 1-lb. of lean ground beef is 22 points. Wouldn't that be 44 points total just for the lean ground beef?? Let me know because I'd love to try this one but am not sure if I want to spend that many points!

Thanks!
    Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

WCFD52 Guest

Hi Kim & Gillie -

As far as the stuffing goes, I put the dry mix into the bowl with the beef, then add egg and water and mix together.

For the beef, I use the 96% lean and figured out the points right from the nutritional label. Using the points listed in the books is great if you do not have access to the label, but in this case it works in your favor!!

I made this the another night for dinner and loved it!! It was so easy and tasty! Thanks for a great recipe.
    Currently postpartum pre pregnancy weight l42/post baby l84/current weight 143/ goal l40 ww goal l40<br />Lifetime member since 9/l9/00<br /><br />KarinC.<br />"To stumble and fall is not a disgrace, if you summon the will to get back in the race."

WCFD52 Guest

Hi Karin -

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the recipe. It is so simple to make and that is a huge plus for me. Simple and delicious is even better. Keep enjoying it!!

9. Post

I was wondering, you said this serves 8, is that each loaf serves 8? Or both serve 8? Also how much is a serving size? I am not good with calculating recipes (thats why I don't make many new things!). This sounds so yummy and I bet some veggies in it would be great too! Thanks! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    243.5/239.5/135

233.5 Valentines Day Goal
    4 down 6 to go!

The whole recipe is 38 points (calculated from the post). It makes 8 servings, and 2 loaves, so each cut each loaf into 4 peices, and each piece would be 4.75 points. (4 pieces x 2 loaves = 8 servings).

Sounds yummy - I'll have to try it soon too!

Miriam

I bet this would be good with ground turkey and canned turkey gravy to cover instead of ketchup!
    Pat<br /><br />A jouney of 1000 miles begins with the first step.<br /><br /><br />SW: 335.8 (original)<br />SW: 315 (second time around)<br />CW: 288<br />WG: 135

Has anyone tried this with the Veggie Crumbles?

The whole bag (which equals 1-pound of ground beef) equals 8-points. I am going to try this in this recipe over the weekend. (I haven't bought ground beef since this product came out, and no one ever figures or questions it).

Happy Valentines Day!
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

WCFD52 Guest

You got it right Miriam - thanks for answering it so well!!

It might be good with some veggies, but try it without first. The seasoning from the stuffing mix is so good that you really don't need to add anything to the meat mixture. I always serve it with lots of veggies, but never added them to the recipe. Also be careful with what type you add, because some veggies will cause the meatloaf to fall apart. I promise that it is really great by itself!!

Replies

Hey Dawna,

Let me know how it goes. I've never tried veggie crumbles in a meat loaf but would love to hear that it works!! Good luck!

~Gillie
    Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

I just tried this - it was very tasty. I'm not a meatloaf person as a rule but I really liked this.

I split the meat into muffin tins - I'll freeze a lot of it. I also halved the recipe - it worked fine.

Thanks for a great recipe.
    [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Allie<br />Recommitted 01/05/04<br />282.0/272.5/working on 250<br /><br />"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson<br /><br />"Light is the task when many share the toil." - Homer

Replies

Just made the meatloaf this weekend and it was realy yummy.

I do think though that the points for the ground beef were too low - but even when I doubled them, it still came out to about 8 points per serving. That was a huge piece of meatloaf for 8 points! I would almost cut it in half and take the 4 points next time. So my suggestion would be to figure out total points and then just divide by the number of servings that you make.

Next time, I'll cut it all in half and only make half the recipe also.

This was great - thank you for posting!
    Cathy<br />Joined WW (for the last time) 6/26/01<br />Made **lifetime 6/05/02**<br />233.4/136.6/145<br />"The great end of life is not knowledge, but action"

WCFD52 Guest

Allie and Cathy -

I am glad you both enjoyed the recipe. I make it at least 2 times a month or more and we still love it.

Cathy what was your question about the beef points? The points I listed in the recipe are correct for the beef I use (96%lean), figured right from the nutrition label. If you used a different grade of beef then you would have to adjust that number. Hope that helps!!

Shannon [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

I made this last night using lean ground chicken. My partner who previously thought only ground beef was appropriate for a meatloaf LOVED it. It will definitely be on the menu again. I added 2 tbsp. of reduced-calorie barbecue sauce to give it some zing. I also halved the recipe. Very filling and satisfying.
    Mehadable<br />OP since January 2, 2002<br />206/170/??

This meatloaf is excellent, I wasn't sure when I first made it how it would be accepted but it got rave reviews even from my picky teen. I actually got 11 servings out of it by putting 8 servings into a pan for 8 mini loafs at 4 1/8 oz per loaf and had 12 oz. left to be put into a small glass dish for my DH. I actually had requests to have the leftovers the next night...what a change!! I was going to cut the recipe in half but being able to serve leftovers there is no need.
    BTW: for each mini loaf I counted it as 3.5
    points.

horseshow mom

Zurichnee Guest

Okay, I have to admit I was skeptical about this one! The thought of putting chicken seasoning stuffing in the meatloaf just seemed weird, but I thought...don't knock it until you've tried it! Well, I'm glad I did! It was delicious! I liked it and even the kids said it was good! I added up the points for all the ingredients just to check and it meshed with what you said! I used 1 pound lean beef and 1 pound lean pork as that was what I had on hand...it still seemed to work out okay. On the top I used the last of my chili sauce (the kind in the bottle like ketchup) and the last of my salsa mixed together which added a nice flavor on the top. Thanks for the recipe! I will definately make this again!

Kim

WCFD52 Guest

Mehadable, horseshow mom and kim:

So glad to hear there are 3 more happy buddies with one more recipe to add to your routine. No matter how many times I make it, I still think its one of my favorites and I will definetly try the chili sauce topping next time I make it.

Shannon [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Zurichnee Guest

I forgot to mention that I cut each loaf into 6 peices for a total of 12. I find that serving size large enough for me ...served mashed potatoes and green beans and a salad so was plenty full. Thanks agian, for sharing the recipe!

Kim

After reading all the rave reviews, I can't wait to try this! I'll get the ingredients tonight. Thanks for posting.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

DELICIOUS!!!! This is definitly my new favorite food.

Tracy
    209.8/204/140

Replies

I can't usually make a decent meatloaf but this one turned out wonderful It got rave reviews from my husband and two boys!

Penny

Page 1 of 7 12 ... LastLast