Thread: Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches

I'm not putting the points down for this one cause we don't have this type of roast beef here so I just used leftover roast, chopped it up small and then weighed it and went from there. To the best of my figuring however, this would come out to 5.5 points per serving if you used exactly what's here. But please do your own calculation. (One more thing - I used mozzarella cheese instead of swiss cause I don't like swiss)

Kim

2 cups thinly sliced onion
    1/4 cup water
    2 tsp. dijon mustart
    1/2 tsp. minced garlic
    4 hot dog buns (we used hoagies)
    1 (6 oz.) pkg. Healthy Choice 97% fatfree Deli Sliced Roast Beef
    4 (3/4 oz.) slices Kraft reduced fat swiss cheese
    3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced fat cheddar cheese

Preheat broiler. In a large skillet sprayed with butter flavoured cooking spray, combine onion and water. Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until onions are softened, stirring occasionally. (I also used some green pepper and mushrooms here - don't need a lot though but good for the flavour.) Stir in mustard and garlic.

Separate each hot dog bun and arrange on a baking sheet. Lightly spray buns with butter flavored cooking spray. Broil for 1-2 minutes.

Separate beef into 4 even piles. Top bottom half of each bun with a pile of roast beef and a slice of swiss cheese. Evenly spoon aout 1/2 cup onion mixture and 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese over top of remaining bun halves.

Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese melts. Sandwich each half together and serve at once.

Thanks Kim, This looks good & we do have that brand of meat here.

I am going to make it over the weekend.

Thanks......Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

This looks great! It's one of my husband's favorite sandwiches, so now I can make it more healthy! I'll probably use the Angus Roast beef or sirloin from the deli dept, those are usually quite low in fat.

Thank you for the recipe!!

Jeannette :kiss;
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood