Did anyone else try the Baked Beef Ziti from the WW site? I had some ground beef I needed to use, so the recipe was very timely and very good - of course, I made a mistake on the amount of beef and had to use a different cheese (the package I had purchased the day before was moldy). Here's the recipe for those of you that missed it, as posted and with my notes for what I did accidentally and had to change.

BAKED BEEF ZITI (1/02)
Prep Time | 25 min.
Cook Time | 50 min.
Level of Difficulty | Moderate
WeightWatchers.com - main meals | Tender noodles, smothered in a rich tomato-meat sauce and nestled under melted cheese, are usually a POINTS disaster. But you can put this Italian classic back on your menu with our easy renovations.
Ingredients
12 oz uncooked ziti
1 tsp olive oil
2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
1/3 lb(s) lean ground beef
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
28 oz canned crushed tomatoes
1 cup(s) part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
Instructions
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Cook pasta according to package directions without added fat or salt; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat; add garlic and sauté 2 minutes. Add beef and cook until browned, breaking up the meat as it cooks, about 3 to 5 minutes; drain off any fat and return pan to heat.
Add oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper; stir to coat beef. Cook until herbs become fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add tomatoes and bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
Spoon a small amount of tomato mixture into the bottom of a 4-quart casserole dish (just enough to cover the surface). Top with half of the cooked ziti and then layer with half of the remaining tomato sauce and half of the mozzarella cheese. Layer remaining ziti on top and top with remaining sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake until cheese is golden and bubbly, about 30 minutes. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
POINTS per serving | 6
© 2001 Weight Watchers International, Inc. © 2001 WeightWatchers.com, Inc. All rights reserved.
WEIGHT WATCHERS is the registered trademark of Weight Watchers International, Inc.

My notes: I obviously did not read recipe well (or was too rushed) – I used a pound of extra lean (94% fat free) ground beef, about 22 points instead of 7.

I also used Contadina Crushed Tomatoes with Italian seasonings, in addition to the herbs used in the recipe, so I got a little more flavor.

And – once I got started, discovered the grated cheese I had just bought (with over 3 months until the expiration date) was moldy! I was about to give up, until I remembered I had some reduced fat Parmesan in the refrigerator, so I used that instead. (about the seme number of points)

So, even using the full pound of beef, I figure it was 8 points per serving instead of 6, and very good.

Try it.

Maribeth