2 tablespoons flour
    1/2 cup hot water
    1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 teaspoon cornstarch
    1/4 cup nonfat sour cream
    1 1/2 cups hot cooked noodles
    Finely chopped fresh parsley

Trim fat from steak; slice steak diagonally across grain into thin strips. Cook steak and next 3 ingredients in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until tender. Drain steak mixture, and set aside; wipe drippings from pan.

Melt margarine in skillet over low heat; add flour, stirring with a wire whisk until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add 1/2 cup water, stirring constantly. Add bouillon granules, and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Stir in pepper and steak mixture. Cook until thoroughly heated. Remove from heat.

Combine cornstarch and sour cream; stir into meat mixture (do not reheat). Serve over noodles; sprinkle with parsley.

Nutrition Facts: Calories 279;Fat 8g, Cholesterol 79mg, Sodium 303mg, Total Carbohydrate 28g, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 0g, Protein 23g

Makes 2 servings, 6 points per serving
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Replies

Hmmm....
    I made crock pot salsa chicken this week in the skillet like I usually do. I found that it I start with frozen chicken breasts, and if I use the pan with the tight lid, and if I start it at the same time as I start the rice....it is all done at the same time, and delicious as usual.

Well, while I was adding the sour cream, I was thinking that there must be a WW recipe for beef stroganoff somewhere, and that I sure would like some beef stroganoff, and I was thinking that I would have to investigate and find it. Funny how I think about a future meal while I am making the perfectly good current meal.

And what do you know? Cybergranny, you read my mind! I am going to try your recipe this week!

Thanks a bunch.
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Cybergranny - How do youeer come up with these recipes? You must spend a lot of time on them. All I can say is thanks.

My DH is going to flip out over this one. He just loves steak. Because of his cholesterol problem(he takes one of the statins, and after a long time, it is now finally way below 200), we don't often have steak. I save it for really special recipes.

Well - this is one of those special steak recipes. If you were here my DH would give you a big hug.

With much appreciation and thanks - Dawna

P.S. When I assemble all the ingreds. and make it, I will come back and tell you how we all loved it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

Cybergranny--Thanks so much for all the great recipes you've posted. You've made it possible for me to really perk up meals that would otherwise be quite dull! Everyone in the family will love this meal. You're a lifesaver! Keep posting and we'll keep cookin'!

Thank you all so much! As long as you are willing to try, I will keep posting recipes.
    Dawna, a little secret, I am working on a family cookbook and because I am on WW now, my focus for months has been LF, low sodium, really good recipes that are close to the real thing. So, that is how I do it. I test all of the recipes before posting them and then use the feedback from everybody here to decide if the recipe should go in the book. It is going to be a hugh book before I am finished because I am having so much fun! LOL!
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Hi Barbara - I too have a family cookbook I am working on. I have been adding to it for several years now. Someday, I will give it to my son. Every time I make something good, he says "make sure you put it in the book". My book doesn't have a lot of ww recipes in it because I live in a house of very thin people. They enjoy eating things I can only take a whiff of now. That is why I am always so recipe hungry. I like to find recipes that fit the bill for everyone.

Does your family know about your cookbook? or is it a surprise?

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Yes, they know and are always having me email certain recipes so they can use them now.

All the aunts and uncles and cousins want a copy when I get done. The kids say I have to publish it. I think that is a large project. I just do the recipes.

My family is mostly thin people too but I add adjustment on the WW recipes for those awful skinny people! I will be one of them before long!
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    241.4/142/155

Replies

Made this one tonight...a B I G hit!!! Thanks!
    Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.
    Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
    Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
    Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
    Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
    Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com