Thread: Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

* Exported from MasterCook *

Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 pound extra lean ground beef (92% lean)
    1 cup chopped onion
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1 cup shredded lowfat cheddar cheese
    1/2 cup reduced fat Bisquick®
    1 cup skim milk
    2 eggs

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease 9" pie plate. Cook ground beef and onion until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate; sprinkle with cheese.

Stir remaining ingredients until blended. Pour into pie plate.

Bake 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Description:
    "Adapted from Bisquick Recipe"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 223 Calories; 10g Fat (50.8% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 12g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 67mg Cholesterol; 459mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat.

5 WW Points

Note:
    The original recipe called for shredded fat-free cheddar cheese. I substituted the shredded lowfat cheddar cheese.

M.C. formatted by Dina (mdkbweiss@erols.com) on 7/28/01.

null

I remember making this for my family, but before the light-Bisquick. I think I might have to try this again as it sort of falls into the catagory of "comfort food" for me.

I'm with you on using the low-fat as compared to the no-fat. I've never cooked with no-fat, but I don't think I'd care for it in a recipe.

Thanks for posting this

Replies

I've used this recipe for years. Thanks for posting it for other buddies. It's a good family recipe and no one can tell it's "diet" food.

I live by myself and have made it for friends and then brought the leftovers to work to microwave for lunch.

Replies

I made this last night and my DH loved it!! He had 3 servings! When I brought it out he asked "how many points is this?" he couldn't believe it was something made with low fat ingredients! I loved it as well!
    Thanks for posting this!
    Jenn

Hi Dina W

This looks like another good one. I am going to make it this weekend, and I will come back to tell you how we all liked it.

I don't every use hamburgh (my husband has a cholesterol problem). He has been eating vegetable crumbles in everything for 2 years and has never caught on, neither has my 17 year old son. I just am careful to tuck the wrapper deep into the trash when they aren't looking.

One bag of the morningstar farms "grillers", which is what I like to use is 6=points for the whole bag, which is equal to 1 pound of hamburgh.

Also I can't use any Bisquick product. Again, because of the cholesterol problem. Even the low fat bisquick has that nasty partially-hydrogenated stuff in it. So I have been making my own for a long time. It's just as good, fast to make, and easier to keep on hand. I only make what the recipe calls for.

I know these changes will make no difference to this recipe. I can't wait to try it.

Thanks - Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Dawna I would be interested in how you make your version of Bisquick. If you wouldn't mind I would like to have the recipe.
    I always include my email address...well at least I think it is part of my signature line..if not it's CLWaterV2@aol.com
    Probably others would like the recipe also. Have you tried boca crumbles? They are very good. I used the another brand once..not the Morningstar ones, and overcooked it. LOL Needless to say it was awhile before I tried using it again!
    Thanks for your help Dawna.
    Take care all<br />Sarah <br />CLWaterV2@aol.com

Replies

Dawna
    I too would be interested in your "bisquick" recipe. Would you mind posting it?

Annette

Replies

Dina - Thanks for posting this. I made it last night and received rave reviews from DH. Hope he enjoyed it as much for lunch today as he did last night.
    Tavel
    156/153.2/135

This sounds absolutely delicious and I want to give it a shot. Can you help me out with the Serving Size? I'm a bit confused. How much/big is one serving? Thanks!

Hi "Caltrask55,"

The recipe yields 6 servings at 5 points each.

The MasterCook software shows "Serving Size: 6"

Hope you enjoy it!

Dina