Thread: Tips, Ideas, Recipes on how to cook a roast.

I have never cooked a roast and I want to try it can anyone give me tips, ideas or recipes that will help??

Please anything will do [img]smile.gif[/img]

Replies

Myrissa:'
    My family's favorite is to put a roast into the crockpot (a size that will feed your family plus extra is good!) If there is any obvious fat on the meat, I will cut it off first (I figure the less fat, the better!) But I usually try to buy lean meats. Anyway, add one can of the 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup and one package of dry onion soup mix. Cover and cook 6-8 hours on low. The soup mixes with the meat juices and makes a great gravy which is technically low-fat, but I don't eat too much of it because it's very rich!

You can also add carrots, potatoes, onions and a little salt and pepper, omit the soup (or not--it's up to you) (If you omit the soup, I like to add about a 1/2 cup of water or beef bullion to add moisture) and cook.

Either way, the meat is always tender and juicy!
    SW: 248.4<br />5/4--243.0 -5.4<br />Total lost in May: -12.2<br /><br />6/7--235.8 -.4<br /><br /><br />1st mini goal: - 10 lbs. met goal 5/18!!<br />Next mini goal - 15 lbs. 2.4 to go!<br /><br />1st 10%: -24 11.4 to go!

3. Default

Myrissa,
    The crockpot recipe is yummy, but it's just as easy to do a roast in the oven. I use "eye of round" because it's so lean. Don't trim off the layer of fat before cooking. Rub the roast all over with garlic powder, onion powder, regular or seasoned salt, pepper, whatever you like, put it in a 9 x 13 pan (on a rack if you have one, like a cake cooling rack that fits into the pan) and put it in a 325-350 degree oven for a couple of hours. Make a package of au jus gravy mix, mashed potatoes, green beans, yum.