Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diet Coke Cake

jayney Guest

I have seen the postings for the diet coke cake and I am wondering if you just mix a can of diet coke and the cake mix or if you require the eggs?

Thank you

autumnbskt Guest

Just the coke! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

And ONLY use 8 oz of the coke, not the entire can! It comes out better!!

JMC Guest

Ok, I've never heard this before. Let me get this right ... I just mix 8 oz. of Diet Coke with a cake mix?

Yep, bake about 30 minutes at 350. And, you can use any cake mix and any diet pop. Try mixing them up a bit. Diet Sprite with white cake, I like using Diet Dr Pepper and double chocolate cake mix.
    254/224/154

how long in a bundt pan...does anyone know?
    *Hugs*
    ~Gina~
    Recommitted - 2/4/04 after baby #4
    SW 223.6
    CW 151.2
    WWG 130
    PG 123.6

Princess Two Shakes and a Shimmey

Replies

I like to make cupcakes with mine. Helps with portion control and they freeze well too. I have made spice cake with diet gingerale, lemon cake with diet mountain dew, and chocolate cake with just plain club soda. Be sure to spray your paper liners with pam before filling. Just cook according to the package directions. Oh by the way, I've always used 12 oz of soda and it works great for me.
    Susan [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Couple of questions....do you mix the cake mix and diet coke with electric mixer like you would regular cake? also, are you using lowfat cake mix? Sounds good...I'm still raving over the cola chicken...
    Gayle

How many points per serving?

kaths Guest

i made the cupcakes the other night with chocolate cake mix & diet coke (i know, how original! haha!!) but i just wanted to say how GREAT these were!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

i didn't spray my muffin cups and they turned out ok, but after they were refrigerated, they came out of the liners even better! i only had the paper-liners, and i didn't know how spraying them would turn out, so i just did without, and no complaints!

DH is amazed that the cupcakes are only 2 points!! perfect for that craving of chocolate! even if you have to have two!! (if you have the 4 points available, of course!!)

can't wait to try more flavours, but we have a batch of cupcakes to get thru yet!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Okay, you can use an electric mixer if you want, I never bother to bring mine out for a cake mix. I just beat by hand for 30 seconds or so with a wooden spoon.

You can use lowfat cake mix, but you don't have to. Just any old regular cake mix will work.

Points usually are about 3 points for 1/12 of the cake, but, it varies depending on what kind of cake mix you use. Figure your points based on the mix only nutrition information on the box, the diet pop adds no points.

It turns out very moist, and almost like a brownie, a real great treat!
    254/224/154

Replies

Smile

Bumping up for the new buddies!
    ~*Sheridan*~<br />SW~220 9/24/03<br />CW~184<br />VALENTINE'S DAY GOAL~179!!<br />12/31/2004 Goal~160!!<br />Nov~ 5th~199 *Made Onederland*<br />Nov~ 12th~197.2 *Made my 1st 10%*<br />Dec 17th~ 190.0 *Made my Christmas Goal*<br /><br /><a href="http://www.picturetrail.com" target="_blank">www.picturetrail.com</a><br />Member name:Sheridan812

wow I love the idea of diet dr pepper in chocolate cake I will have to try this one GinaH
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

Replies

This sounds great (someone in my WW meeting was also talking about it this morning). What is the point value for a slice?

Mary Beth, it depends on the type of cake mix that you use. Most cake mixes are about 170-180 calories, so I think it is around three points per slice. But it's really good. Very moist.

Andrea
    Recommitted:6/17/04
    173.8/168/164
    WW Goal: 164 (4 lbs to go!)
    10% Goal: 156.8 (9.8 lbs to go)
    PG: 150 (18 lbs to go)

JMC Guest

I finally made this with a chocolate cake mix and Diet Dr. Pepper. They tasted great, but coming out of the cupcake pan was an ordeal on its own. Word to the wise - if you're making cupcakes, use capcake papers!! Spraying the tins with Pam does nothing I've got a whole plateful of cupcake bits now because I had to scrape them out of the tin!

JMC Guest

Originally posted by JMC:
    I finally made this with a chocolate cake mix and Diet Dr. Pepper. They tasted great, but coming out of the cupcake pan was an ordeal on its own. Word to the wise - if you're making cupcakes, use cupcake papers!! Spraying the tins with Pam does nothing. I've got a whole plateful of cupcake bits now because I had to scrape them out of the tin!

Talking

Tried this today.....really surprised how good it was....it is alot like a brownie....made cupcakes with mine....now i need to put the rest in the freezer.

Christym1969 Guest

I made this today and it turned out great! I sprayed my glass pan with no stick spray first and it didn't stick to bad. It tasted really good. My only question is what kind of frosting do you all put on it? I want to keep it low in points and I don't know what frosting to use.Thanks for your help.

Replies

We always just do ours with FF Cool Whip - no other frosting. The other thing that is good is to use Lucky Leaf Lite Cherry Pie filling and Cool Whip with it.
    Cathy<br />Joined WW (for the last time) 6/26/01<br />Made **lifetime 6/05/02**<br />233.4/136.6/145<br />"The great end of life is not knowledge, but action"

Replies

Re: the icing. Betty Crocker makes a low point fat free (I think) white icing mix. That might be something to try!
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Cool

I can't believe this recipe!! It's a dream come true!! Thank-you SOOOOOO much!! Now I can make my cake and eat it too!!!! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Lizzie<br />YA-YA Name: Empress Walks-On-Water<br /><br />Starting Weight - 185<br />Current Weight - 178<br />Goal Weight - 135<br /><br />7 pounds GONE!

jeremysmom Guest

This recipe turned out so good...and the best part is the family didn't know it was healthy. My family always turns up their nose if I even mention lowfat or WW in the same sentence with food. jean

JudyD Guest

Okay, so the cakes that turned out great, wonderful and soooooooooo good... 8 oz. or 12 oz. of soda?

judyo53 Guest

Judy,

Seems like an experiment. One post says use only 8 oz., others say use 12. I've only got Diet Dr. Pepper & I bought a German Chocolate Cake Mix (the mixes do differ in calories so I read every box of chocolate cake mix--well, the ones on sale). I'm going to use the 12 oz. but it's getting too hot around here to turn on the oven!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast