Thread: Strawberry Ice Cream - 1 point

Replies

Got this recipe originally from Woman's Day (or maybe Family Circle). It was so simple that I figured even I could make the necessary changes to make it WW friendly. Made it last night and it was really good. I imagine you can substitute any other frozen fruit for a variety of flavors.

Serves 4

12 oz. Frozen Strawberries
    1/2 C. Splenda
    2/3 C. FF Half and Half

Place the frozen strawberries and the splenda into a food processor and process until finely chopped. Add the FF half and half and blend. You can either eat it as a soft frozen ice cream right out of the processor or freeze it to a harder state. According to the original recipe, it can be stored frozen for up to 2 weeks (but that was with regular sugar and half and half, so I don't know for sure that the same would apply.... don't think it would last that long anyway!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) It makes 4 good sized servings.

Calories per serving - 61
    Fat grams - .1 g (not 1, .1)
    Fiber - 1.8 g

This comes to just 1 point per serving!
    Diane in Ohio<br />197/187/140<br /><br />If you always do what you always did, you'll always be what you always were.........

This one I am going to try for sure. My ice cream maker is still in its box. Never has been opened. Got to do something about that and with this! Thanks. i love homemade icecream and just 1 pt makes it even better.
    Lile<br />Lifetime - "75" Model<br />One Proud "Okie"<br /><br />"Don't Tell God how big the Storm is, Tell the "storm" how "Big" your "GOD" is."<br /><br />"EMPTY STOMACH/EMPTY HEART"<br />(It's not what you're eating, but what is "Eating" you.)

dachshundtales Guest

Diane this sounds wonderful I am printing it out as I type! You could also use blueberries and peaches or raspberries just adjust the pts. accordingly. Thanks I am always on the look out for a nice cool dessert! Donna

Replies

Oooo... peaches would be wonderful. I love peach icecream and no one around here makes a good low calorie version. I'll have to try it soon.
    Susan
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Replies

It's STRAWBERRY season!! And I've heard it's SUMMER, too! Carol
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

I just bought an ice cream maker at a rummage sale for $5 :eek: & LOVE it! This sounds like a great recipe to try. Point-friendly ice cream, who knew!!!!! Thanks a bunch [img]smile.gif[/img]