Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peach Angel Food Cake

Replies

Hi guys, I love this dessert, mine always turns out crumbly, but my leader said she uses a mixer to mix it up, not just a spatula, sooo,I will try it next time, hmm maybe tonite, since i bought the ff cool whip.lol.I am also going to try it with cherries, someone somehwere said it is devine, good luck how ever it turns out it is yummy.
    ~~~~~Barbie~~~~
    Not giving up~~~~~

Hi, I bought myself one of those angel food cake pans yesterday at Home Goods ($9.99). The middle of it sticks up higher than the rim of the pan, so when you tip the pan over, I guess the cake would sort of hang in the air. I'm going to give it a try.

Dawna

Replies

I make this with the light cherry pie filling and 4.5 tbsps of cocoa. Black Forest Cake! YUMMY! I make it every time there is a gathering or event in my life. Nobody even knows it is low fat (it certainly does not taste it). I also throw on some whipped topping!! The best part of this recipe is how easy it is and I can always have the ingredients on hand so it is easy to whip up when needed. Also it's dairy free and I have a family with dairy allergies so this was a hit for my nieces 2nd birthday.

Replies

The angel food cake with the cherry pie filling and the cocoa sounds heavenly, but how many servs. and how mant pts???? [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] I have tried the pineapple one but didn't think it had much flavor...any suggestions??

10derhearted Guest

HI [img]smile.gif[/img]

Just wanted to let you know i made this..and it was awsome...i used the pineapple instead ...it came out great [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Thanks

10der
    SW-212.8
    CW-186.5
    GW-140

Thanks for the great ideas, I think I am going to have one day a month where my ww buddies at home, get together and try out new recipes. Good way to try out new foods.

I have had mixed reviews about this recipe, regardless of the fruit I chose.

Once I made it with cherrys. Huge flop. It was raw inside, burning on the outside. [img]graemlins/sobbing.gif[/img]

I then tried crushed pinapple, but it was sticky and soggy on the inside, likely because I didn't use a angel cake pan, so the middle didn't set. I then tried it with the angle cake pan, and it was better, but still sticky.

I don't know why mine is so different than everyone elses, and I also don't really understand why we add anything to original recipe, since it raises the points!!!

Any input would be appreciated!

[img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img]
    Jamie<br /><br />"The deepest personal defeat suffered by human beings is constituted by the difference between what one was capable of becoming and what one has in fact become." <br />-- Ashley Montagu

Hi Jamie, Are you using the Betty Crocker 1-step angel food cake? I have heard people say these recipes don't work at all if you don't use the 1-step by Betty Crocker (there is another one on the market also).

I think we are always changing/adding to things that already taste good for variety. It's all about fighting off the boredom that sets in with eating the same "safe" foods day after day. I've been a lifetime member since 1988, so I speak from a lot of experience with this. Whenever I have felt myself caving, it has always meant the menues need some shaking up.

later...
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Default Re: Peach Angel Food Cake

Bump, this cake made with peaches sounds divine.
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey

Replies

what would happen if you used just regular white or yellow cake and the peaches?

I don't even own an angel cake food pan

I'm not much of a cook
    **Sharyn**
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169
    CW: 161
    GW: 140

Replies

Pandorra- I use a 9X13 pan to make this. I think it turns out better. I have never used the regular cake mix though. I always use the angel food (fat free=yay!). The top is a little sticky, but you neve rknow after you slather on the ff cool whip. The cake itself is a little soggy after a couple of days, so it's best to have it when you have guests or share some of it right away. Btw... I drain just a little of the the peach juice and make sure the peaches are chopped up pretty well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12