Thread: Light Cheesecake

Replies

1/2 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
    16 oz Fat Free Cream Cheese
    1/2 cup Sugar (splenda is no points)
    1 Tbsp Flour 1/2 cup Fat Free Sour Cream
    3 egg whites
    1 tsp Vanilla

Oven preheat to 325 degrees. Spray pie pan or plate with Pay or similar spray. Cover bottom of pan with crumbs evenly. Beat in separate bowl cream cheese, sugar and flour. Beat in sour cream, egg whites and vanilla. Pour mixture into pie pan. Bake 40 minutes. Cool in refrigerator three hours or more. Makes 8 (2 pt) servings.

You figure your own points with the Cherry pie filling from Knause!

Courtesy of my friend Kathy in El Dorado Hills. I am going to try making this week!

Enjoy

Bill

369/348/220 OP since 5/4/2001 - 21 lbs
    We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Sounds yummy. Think I would add a little lemon zest for added flavor.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Replies

Hello all!

Well, I made this cheesecake tonight! Wow! It was great. I used a pyrex pie plate, and swirled the crumbs so they covered the side. We have a big Kitchen Aid mixer, and I used a whip to blend everything. I didn't bother to fold in the eggwhites, just poured them in. It took less than five minutes and results spectacular.

Choosing between a Just 2 for dessert item or this....no competition! Cheesecake was great. Next will try some of the Cherry Filling as a topping from Knause.

Bill

369/343/220 OP since 5/4/2001 - 26 lbs
    10% Goal = 332 Wow, only 11 more lbs
    Goal Challenge 299 by Mid August
    We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

Replies

Bill, this really does sound great. I'm going to make it this weekend. Where is the Knause cherry filling available?
    Donna
    SW 310
    GOAL 12/4/07
    Proud to a Vegan WW.
    "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Michael Pollan
    "Well, it seems to be working for me." Dr Michael Culmer
    "Nuts are in hard shells for reasons." Dr John McDougall
    "The salad IS the main course." Dr Joel Fuhrman

Replies

This cheescake is great! And it makes so much! Rather than use a traditional pie plate, I used a cupcake pan and made 12 1-point little cheesecakes!!! My husband, who eat fairly well but isn't trusting of anything sweet that's low-fat, low-cal tried one and must have said 10 times "there is no way this is one point."
    Tavel
    156/153.2/135

Replies

WHOA Everybuddy,

Please check the points on this as you make it, my ff cream cheese comes up to 4 points for 8 oz's and this recipe calls for 16 oz's of cream cheese, and I also have ff sour cream and it comes up to more points also.

I do not want to rain on anyones parade, but I also dont want you all to sabotage yourself

Lifetime12/31/00
    Officially a non smoker as of 9:00 pm 01/24/01
    Goal: 150
    Weight 189
    Premier all natural made in the USA pet products
    You can now order directly from my website
    www.sandym.foreveryhome.net

Replies

I entered it into my mastercook and it comes up to 3 points per serving [img]smile.gif[/img] Trying it today!

Replies

I updated the cheesecake recipe today. Since I was again revisiting The Pillsbury doughboy, I decided to work up the points again. Utilizing Splenda instead of sugar, FF sour cream and FF Philly, with all other things posted in this recipe except the topping, it comes up 15.6 points for the entire cheesecake. You divide by 8 yourself...

Of course, will be putting some of that Knause Cherry Filling on top, so will chalk up more points, but well worth the excursion when you just gotta have a little dessert. And this is a good one!

Bill

368/337.5/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 30.5 lbs
    10% Goal = 332 5.5 pounds away

Goal Challenge 299 by Mid August - 38.5 pounds to go

Just wanted to bring this one back up to the top. My family loves cheesecake. I am going to make this over the weekend.

Thanks Bill!

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

Hi! This looks great! I ran it through mastercook myself (I like to know the exact points for stuff ), and somehow I got 5.476 points for 1/8th. I had to use the input for lowfat sour cream and for lowfat cream cheese, and sugar- there is no info for splenda, fat free sour cream, and I can't get fat free cream cheese up here.

Can someone post the mastercook export for me? or at least the nutritional info? I'm uptight about points. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jeannette :eek:
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

Jeannette, you should be able to input ingredients into your mastercook data. Pull up your "ingredients list" and look for a button or bar that says "new", from there follow it step by step using your product label for the info, and when everything is entered, click "save". (IT took me awhile to figure that out, and I still haven't got exporting and importing down---)

Replies

Yeah, I've done that before, but as I am extremely lazy, and my Splenda is downstairs in the kitchen, I was hoping someone could just zip it on up to the bb. [img]redface.gif[/img] I guess I should earm my activity points and go downstairs for the box.

Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

I took this cheesecake to our Thanksgiving celebration yesterday. There are 3 of us on WW and the hubbies are watching too, so it was very much appreciated.

This was fantastic. The pieces were a great size and I would never have believed this was a low fatted anything. Neither could anyone else.

I can't get the FF cheese here so used the light and used a little less cream cheese than was called for. I used Splenda and then topped it off with E.D. Smith's Light and Fruity cherry topping. I counted all the points for it and it was still worth it.

Thanks for this recipe, Bill. I'm going to experiment some more with it and see if I can get the points down some more (like make it crustless instead of the crumbs.) I noticed that the sides easily came away and that gave me the idea that perhaps I could do this one crustless and save the points. I'm also planning on making it plain and then just swirling some sugar free chocolate syrup into it after it's in the pan, instead of using some topping. Or how about adding the syrup right in and making it a chocolate cheesecake? Oh my the possibilities are endless! LOL

ROFL can't believe I'm getting so excited over a dessert! I'll end this here and now. <sheepish grin>

Kim [img]redface.gif[/img]

Replies

I was going to try this with crushed cats...You know, the Chocolate Cats cookies from Trader Joes....

I think it would be great!

Bill

368/332/220 OP since 5/4/2001 minus 36 lbs

10% Goal = 332 Achieved 8/28/2001

Replies

Hay Kim, could you post your version of this recipe? I'm collecting!!
    Bill's is wonderful, but as we both live in The Great White North, and can't get the same ingredients as Down South (not quite Down Mexico Way), I would appreciate your recipe changes.

Another Thank You to Bill for posting!! <hug>
    Yes, I have had caffiene....

Jeannette

Replies

Hi there,

What a great dessert! I took this to a family reunion this weekend and everyone loved it...I didn't really tell anyone that it was low fat, and so many people went back for more! I was also thinking about adding chocolate to it somehow...yummmy!!!

thanks for the recipe!

Jenn

I will Jeannette, as soon as I whip it up again. I had big plans but then used all my cream cheese in the "Pumpkin Surprise Muffins". I haven't tasted them yet (tomorrow morning can't come soon enough for me )

Boy I wish we could get the FF stuff here. I don't dare use the ultra low fat stuff in the tub. That stuff is evil anyway and whipped just wouldn't be the same consistency.

We have some apple dumplings, pumpkin surprise muffins and some pumpkin cookies sitting on the counter. HELP!! Everyone come here and help us eat it all!!!

Kim

Replies

Hm, I was wondering about using the tub of Philly Ultra Low Fat... I tried some on a bagel crossiant, but I couldn't taste a thing. Maybe I'll try the Organic Meadows light cream cheese, but it's $4.99 a package.
    Oh for the fat free world of America. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Jeannette

Replies

I made some little blueberry cheesecakes the other day with some of the Philly low fat blueberry flavored cream cheese instead of the fat free plain. ( I was trying to get rid of it- my children's tastes have changed) anyway I used all the other ingredients from your recipe and it was really good. My only complaint is that the graham cracker crumbs get soggy. I hate soggy graham cracker crumbs. Next time I think I'll just make it crustless and maybe sprinkle the crumbs on the top. I also made a little blueberry topping with some frozen blueberries, splenda and 1 T of cornstarch. Yummy and only around 2 points a piece. (The recipe made around 16)
    Thanks again for a great recipe
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

I also made this, and everyone here loved it.

Thanks Bill!

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

This recipie is wayyyyyyyyyy to good to be buried! It is AWESOME!!!!!!

xoxoxoxox
    Sal [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]
    ~~IF YOU ALWAYS DO WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS DONE, YOU'LL ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU'VE ALWAYS GOTTEN~~
    WE HAVE MORE POWER WITHIN US, THAN ANYONE ON THIS EARTH HAS OVER US!
    Highest weight:202(1993)
    Start weight #1:193.4(1996)
    Start weight #2:169.6(2/00)
    Goal:1/18/03(136 lbs)
    Lifetime:3/1/03
    CW:162.6
    PG:128

[img]graemlins/bcbkick.gif[/img] ing it up
    Blessings + Cheers,<br /><br />ANNA <br /><br />AIM ID: operadog8b<br /><br />"... it's not where you <b>start</b>, it's where you <b>finish</b>", <br />Stephen Sondheim<br />All time heaviest: 232#s, Final WW re-join: 199#, <b>CW: 176#</b> (5' 7")<br /><br /><b><i>"onward and downward"</b></i><br />Mort Sahl<br /><br /><b>"...perseverance furthers'</b><br />The I Ching

Thanks for kicking this one up. I had actually forgotten about this recipe. It's SO good. As I reread all the posts I remembered just how good it was.

I have gotten over my aversion to the ultra low fat cream cheese too, and I'm going to give it a try with that and maybe put some DaVinci syrup in there for extra flavour (but no calories). I think some chocolate and some cherry might be in order!

Kim

32lbs&counting Guest

I made this an it was wonderful.
    I can't get ff cream cheese though. I can get light but that's as far as it goes here.
    What I did though was crumble one graham cracker on the top of each piece, ED smith's pie filling and then a dollop of light cool whip.
    This way the crust isn't included.
    It was good though!!!!
    mmmmmmmore lol

Replies

Bump! This is REALLY good!
    Cherie-Making changes to last a lifetime.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast