Thread: Wanted: Lowest Cal/Points Pizza Recipe

1. Post

Hi Everyone!

Does anyone have a very low point/cal recipe for Pizza? My son wants me to make it tomorrow and I would like to have a recipe that if I can't resist temptation...I could possibly have 3 slices? Do I sound like a piggy?????

Moonlight

I am not sure how low you want to go. Have you thought about the deep dish pizza casserole recipe in this forum and maybe only using turkey or veggie pepperoni, low fat cheese, and low point tomato sauce? Veggie and turkey pepperoni are low in points. In the future you may want to check out fitnfree pizza crusts - you just add toppings. I believe the website is fitnfree.com. I am sorry, I will have to look it up and come back. Let me know if you have never seen the recipe for the deep dish piza casserole. HTH!

ETA: You are not a piggy. I personally love pizza! And I try to make sure that I don't eat the whole thing, not 3 slices! The casserole is filling, you won't eat three slices of that.

3. Post

Nolia Red

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will check out the Deep Dish Casserole. Have never heard of the crust you mentioned.

Thanks

Moonlight

I can't find it! I just like a week or two ago found a really good low point pizza crust recipe. I swear, it was from here. I can't seem to locate it. I printed it out and if I can find it tonight, I will post it tomorrow, hope that isn't too late! But, I have had varying success with pizza crusts. I keep searching for just the right one. This new recipe really sounded like it might be it.

Here are a couple suggestions I have used:
    pop-up pizza
    This uses the refrigerator biscuit rolls.
    You cut them up into quarters, sprinkle in a pan, sprinkle some sauce and cheese on, and turkey pepperoni, and veggies if you like, layer again with biscuits, sauce, cheese, toppings. I can't remember exactly, but it bakes quick like at 350 for 20 minutes? It turns out a real thick dough and it is really hard to eat with your hands.

I have bought prebaked pizza shells (in the bread section). With sauce, cheese, and veggies, these usually work out to 1/6 of the pizza for 3 points. It would, of course, vary depending on the crust you use.

If you are really craving a certain kind of pizza, you might be surprised.
    Pizza Hut thin n crispy veggie lovers medium pizza 1 slice is 4 points
    Little Caeser's Pizza cheese pizza one square is 4 points

For a really great, but filling, treat, I like DiGiornio's (no it isn't delivery) frozen spinach, mushroom, garlic pizza. It is 6 points for 1/6 of the pizza, but it is really yummy!

Can you tell I love pizza?

I will look for that recipe tonight and post it tomorrow. In the meantime, I will keep looking in here for it. I know it is here somewhere...
    254/224/154

I found it! It was here, but it was on the mess hall. Here it is:

Can someone point this pizza crust for me. I will be using the Whole Wheat flour combination, thanks!!

Pizza Crust

Ingredients:

1 package quick-rise active dry yeast
    2 teaspoons honey or sugar
    2 3/4 cups unbleached flour, or 2 cups unbleached flour and 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
    1/4 cup yellow corn meal
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup warm water (115 to 125 F)
    olive oil cooking spray
    Method:
    1. Combine together flours, cornmeal, yeast, salt and sugar in mixing bowl. If using honey dissolve in the warm water.
    2. Mix water into dry ingredients to form soft dough; knead dough out onto a floured surface for 3 to 5 minutes. Turn dough into a bowl sprayed with olive oil cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap and a towel and let rise until doubled in bulk, 10 minutes.
    3. Punch down dough and divide into 2 equal balls or shape into a large ball for one pizza. Let dough rest 5 minutes.
    4. Spray pizza pan(s) lightly with cooking spray. Roll dough out onto a floured surface into two 12-inch or one 16- to 18 -inch crust; lay dough on pizza pan(s) and let rise for 10 to 15 minutes.

Here it is for 12 servings
    Dawn

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pizza Crust

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 package yeast -- quick rise
    2 teaspoons honey
    2 cups flour, all-purpose
    3/4 cup wheat flour
    1/4 cup cornmeal
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 cup water -- warm
    *cooking spray

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 117 Calories; trace Fat (3.2% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 25g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 179mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    254/224/154

Here is the link to the Deep Dish Pizza thread:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/ubb/u...;f=26;t=000013

It is always good to read the whole thread to see how people improved on a recipe - IMO.