Thread: Chicken N Cheese Casserole YUMMY

This card was given out at meeting on my 5th week. But someone had asked for it so here it is:

2 C Cooked Macaroni
    2 C coarsely chopped cooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts ( I cooked 2 chicken breast)
    2 cups canned condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted) I used fat free also
    8 Ounces low-fat cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes

1. Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
    2. In large casserole, combined all ingred, mixing well.
    3. Bake covered 35-45 minutes. Remove cover, bake 10-15 minutes longer. Serve immediately.

262 Calories 12.7 g fat, 0.6 g fiber
    Can substitute turkey for the chicken

Prepare-Ahead TIP: Combine all ingredients, cover, and refrigerate overnight, then bake as directed.

This was sooooo yummmy.....Makes 8 servings at 6 points per serving.....

This is good even a couple of days later...I loved it [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    When everything is beyond my control...I can control what I put in my mouth.

SW: 353 8/15/06
    OP: 287 5/01/07
    CW: 266
    GW: 170

Replies

Ok! This is supper tonight! Have some fresh mushrooms in the fridge screaming to get out, think I'll incorporate them in as well. This sounds soooo good. Picking up some melon to go along. Thanks for the quick dinner idea [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Replies

I doubled the batch, made a couple of small changes and nearly cut the points in half! 7 points for twice the serving size and this is delicious!!!! DH and DS were asking when we'd have this again! I cooked some fresh green beans and had applesauce for a low point very yummy healthy dinner~! I ran this through the WW site's Recipe Builder and just cut and pasted the results....
    Chicken Casserole
    Course | Main Meals
    Serves | 8
    POINTS per serving | 7
    Ingredients

4 cup(s) cooked egg noodles
    16 oz cooked, skinless chicken breast(s)
    8 oz Kraft Velveeta Light Reduced-Fat Pasteurize Process Cheese Product
    1/2 cup(s) Pet Skimmed Evaporated Milk
    3 1/2 cup(s) Campbell's (U.S.) 98% Fat-Free Cream Of Mushroom Soup
    1/2 cup(s) button mushrooms
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

I am such a dingy :rolleyes: .....I forgot that you need 2 cups of Fat Free milk....No wonder mine was dry this time.....but hey I have copied your recipe and I am sure it will do better as it was hard to eat just one serving of this....thanks for the help....
    When everything is beyond my control...I can control what I put in my mouth.

SW: 353 8/15/06
    OP: 287 5/01/07
    CW: 266
    GW: 170

Replies

Hummm...I can see needing that much milk if using cheddar, but doubt you would if you used the Velveeta like I did. I added the 1/2 c skimmed evap milk because the family sized can of 98% FF mush soup was only 3 1/2 cups and I wanted to make it a little "sloppier" before I baked. I will warn you, I put it in a 8 X 12 glass baking dish and it bubbled over in my oven, so next time I'm using a bigger casserole dish! DH and I are having leftovers tonight and I may need to add a bit more milk for the re-heat. Hugs!