Thread: Easy blue cheese-spinach calzones

1. Post

This is our favorite meal when we're too tired to cook:

Unroll a refrigerated pizza crust from a tube (I use Pillsbury) and use a pizza cutter or knife to cut it once lengthwise and once crosswise into quarters. Pat each quarter into approximately 6 x 7". Top the four pieces of dough with:

2 large garlic cloves, minced
    Slices of onion
    2 cups or so of fresh spinach leaves
    1 cup or more of fresh mushroom slices
    2 oz. crumbled blue cheese

Pull the four corners of each piece up and twist together at the top to form four dough sacks. Bake at 400 for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. I serve these with a salad, steamed asparagus or some other green veggie. They're also good with a fruit salad.

Pillsbury pizza crust is 15 points total, and 2 oz. of blue cheese is 6 points, so I count these at 5.25 points each. Check your pizza dough nutritional info, though.

Sounds yummy!!! Thanks.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Boy this sounds good. Thank you for posting it. [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

I'm going to try it this weekend.

Hugs,
    Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Replies

I saw this recipe in Cooking LIght and just tried it the other day. Everyone LOVED it. Takes a bit of work but it's very filling and delicious. Next time we're going to try using feta cheese in place of the blue cheese to test out the flavor.
    Weight loss to date: -78lbs.<br />Pounds to go: 35!

5. Post

Yep, it's a Cooking Light recipe (my favorite source for healthy recipes!), but I reduced the amount of cheese they call for--can't even notice the difference!

It's so easy and fast to throw together...sometimes I change the ingredients completely and use light mozzarella and a variety of roasted or raw veggies.