Thread: Boboli thin crust 1*2*3 Microwave Pizza

HersheyBars Guest

Hi!

I found that Boboli thin style crust makes a really good, fast, easy pizza! Takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish!

*and* I found that you can make it in your microwave! Great for summer, when you don't want to heat up your house...

Cherie's Basic Boboli Pizza:
    Ingredients:
    1. Boboli Thin Style Crust
    2. 8 oz can tomato sauce (I use Hunt's no salt added, and it comes out great [img]smile.gif[/img]
    3. 2 cups shredded mozzarella
    4. Oregano (or other seasonings you like on pizza)
    5. Toppings (Sliced mushrooms, onions, peppers, pitted black olives, broccoli, etc.)
    You will also need an extra large, round microwaveable dinner plate or platter.

Preparation:
    1. Put crust on large round microwave safe platter or extra-large dinner plate.
    2. Spread an 8 oz can of Hunt's tomato sauce on the center of the pie, up to 1/2 inch from edge of crust.
    3. Lightly sprinkle oregano or Italian Seasonings, or any spices you prefer, over the sauce.
    4. Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese evenly over the sauce.
    5. Add any veggie(s) you like (I love adding sliced mushrooms.)
    6. Microwave on *Power Level 4 for about 10 minutes.
    *(My microwave has levels 1-10, and I use less than half power (5).)
    7. Let stand for 2 minutes before cutting.
    Enjoy!

I cut the pie into 8 equal pieces.
    1 serving = 2 pieces

Using my ingredients for a mushroom cheese pizza, each serving of 2 slices was 10.10 points - - and VERY filling with a 0 point veggie salad as a side dish!

Hope you, too, can enjoy this!
    Cherie

Replies

Good to know you can put those things in the microwave, I never thought of that! We have one of those Pizzaz Pizza makers and they work well on those also. I use it without sauce and just a little olive oil, green and black olives, diced tomatoes, onions, and cheese. Voila! House Special and it's delicious!! Oh I forgot to list whatever spices you might like, also.
    JeanetteSki

HersheyBars Guest

Hi, JeanetteSki [img]smile.gif[/img]

I always wondered if those pizza makers were very useful? Do you use yours often?
    (does it just cook frozen or freshly made pizza that is uncooked?)

As for the Boboli thin style crust - - I figured, since it was cooked already, to experiment with the microwave. I knew that breads on high power for long times get either like a doorstop (lol) or just unbite-able...so, I put it on Power Level 4 - - the number a little less than half level.
    When the cheese melted and the pie got bubbly, I knew it would be ready (but, I figured I better let it stand about 5 minutes before cutting [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cherie