Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Pizza Recipe - from Dotti's

chubbybunny Guest

I got this recipe from Dotti's website and made it last night. I used ground turkey and splenda instead of the sugar twin. Very easy and good. It says 4.5 pts per serving. I saved 9 pts cause I wanted 2 pieces but 1 is actually fine. Even my husband said its a keeper. Yummy!

Crazy Pizza

Makes 6 servings

Ingredients

8 oz lean beef or turkey (90%)
    1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (one 2.5 oz jar), drained
    1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    1/3 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
    1 3/4 Hunt's Tomato sauce - 15 oz can
    1 tbsp sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet (optional)
    1 tsp Italian seasoning
    1 can Pillsbury refrigerated buttermilk biscuits - 7.5 oz can
    1/3 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
    1/3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray an 8x8 inch baking dish with olive-flavored
    cooking spray. In a large skillet sprayed with olive-flavored cooking spray,
    brown meat. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion and olives. Mix well to combine.
    Stir in tomato sauce, Sugar Twin, and Italian seasoning. Remove skillet from heat.
    Separate biscuits and cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. Gently stir biscuit pieces into
    meat mixture. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Bake 20 minutes. Sprinkle
    shredded Cheddar and mozzarella cheese evenly over the top. continue baking until
    cheese melts, about 10 minutes. Place baking dish on a wire rack and let set 5 minutes.
    Cut into 6 servings. This dish freezes well.

PER SERVING: 215 Calories, 7 g Total Fat, 1052 mg Sodium,
    24 g Total Carbohydrate, 2 g Dietary Fiber, 14 g Protein

Replies

Oh my gosh - that Crazy Pizza sounds amazing - can't wait to try it - thanks for sharing it.
    [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Karen (21 lbs gone forever & so are the 180's and the 170's and approaching the 150's)<br />185 (highest weigh)<br />182 (WW starting)<br />164 whooohoooo<br />145 (1st goal)<br /><br />DESIRE + DEDICATION + DETERMINATION + DISCIPLINE = SUCCESS

Replies

Sounds great!!! Can't wait to try it. Thanks.
    PAT
    Ya-Ya Sisterhood name: Viscountess Cheshire Kitten
    Recomitted - Feb 18, 2006 - 219/200.2/5 more / 5' 7"
    Total Loss - 18.8
    1st mini goal - 10 % = 198
    2nd mini goal - Overweight not Obese BMI = 191 lbs
    "Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." --Theodore Roosevelt

This sounds awesome!!! Can't wait to make it! Thanks for sharing!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

5. Post

This pizza rocks. My fiance and I both were die hard pizza addicts before OP! We make this at least once a week now. When you reheat it in the micro the smell and taste are the best I
    [img]tongue.gif[/img] think!

Hi All!

I made this pizza and my biscuits didn't get done (they were all doughy) and the top part burned. What temps do you cook it at and does it work out real well for you? Let me know please as other than that this pizza was really good!

Thank you! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

I made this last night and although I didn't find it particularly pizza-like, I enjoyed it. My partner was less than impressed, (he's not a refrigerated biscuit fan.) so I'm not sure how often I'll make it again.
    Since I am a big dinner eater, I had 2 servings, which I counted as 10 points (I added a half-cup of pineapple tidbits to the mix. )

toddswife Sorry your biscuits didn't turn out. I followed the directions pretty much to the letter and my bscuits cooked fine--my oven runs a little bit hot though.
    Mehadable<br />OP since January 2, 2002<br />206/170/??

chubbybunny Guest

toddswife-make sure you use a big enough pan - I used a smaller one once and my bottom biscuits were slightly undercooked- [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

SuzyQ99 Guest

This sounds great! Can't wait to try it!

Replies

Hi there!
    SW 172
    GW 145
    CW 143

Replies

I made this for supper tonight, and both DH and I gave it several thumbs up!! It's definately a keeper. I'm not sure if I would term this a pizza, tho. Maybe more of a pizza casserole. But heck, who cares what you call it, it was very good, indeedy! I was plenty satisfied with one serving. I'll be taking leftovers to work tomorrow and everyone will be asking if I'm still on WW!! LOL. They can't believe how well I eat on WW. My boss keeps asking me if I'm eating AGAIN? I just smile and say Yup.
    JeanetteSki

Finally made this & it's just Wonderful!!!!! We'll have it again for sure! Thanks for the recipe!
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

Sounds wonderful and the family will applaude this one for sure! Anything that resembles pizza gets "hurrahs" at my house! Thanks for the wonderful recipe [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Remember, we're all in this together...I'm pulling for you!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak Kindly. Leave the rest to God
    ~~~
    -30!

Replies

Well the results are in and it's a keeper! I saved points so I could eat till I was satisfied, I was really hungry for pizza! Well, there is not a crumb left and the vote is to make it again and sOON!! I used 1/2 TVP (textured vegetable protein) and half ground beef, and subbed in sugar free Hunt's spaghetti sauce and left out the sugar sub and spices, Deeeelish!
    Red Green
    ~~~
    ~~~
    -30!

Replies

A quick PS to that post, forgot to add that I baked it in an 8 x 12 inch glass baking pan instead of the 8 x 8 after I read about doughy biscuits, no underbaking problem at all with it spread out like that.
    Red Green
    ~~~
    ~~~
    -30!

Made this tonite for supper...ate sandwhich and string beans for lunch for a total of 3 points. I had lots of points left over for 2 pieces of which I ate also with string beans (my fav can't you tell) but was forcing myself to finish that 2nd piece. Next time just 1....this was delicious, I used a 7x12 pan and biscuits were done. I like the deep dish pizza also but when I want to save on points. I will make this [img]smile.gif[/img]
    When everything is beyond my control...I can control what I put in my mouth.

SW: 353 8/15/06
    OP: 287 5/01/07
    CW: 266
    GW: 170

sounds wonderful. can't wait to get to store so
    I can try it.
    Rover<br /><br />SW 349<br />CW 294<br />GW 170

dachshundtales Guest

I made this the other night and like some I would not really label it as Pizza but YUMMY! Its a definet keeper and repeater! I made doubled the recipe and made one plain for DD2 ( picky ****) without the mushrooms and onions w/o the good stuff! Thanks for the recipe and I am a fan of Dotties! Donna

Replies

Long ago, we made this with the prepared Pizza crust... Didn't call it a casserole, but more appropriately, a deep dish pizza... Just sounds better that way. Try cooking the Turkey meat in a collander in the microwave... gets rid of more of the fat. No matter what you call it, it still tastes darn good as a pizza substitute.

Bill [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    We could learn a lot from crayons: some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors....but they all exist very nicely in the same box.

bump

21. Post

I'm trying this one today [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Thanks so much,

Cathy (mommy to Lexi)
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

22. Post

Hey girls,

Just reporting that this recipe is a keeper at my house.. [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] Hubby loves it....Thanks for the recipe!!!!!

Cathy (mommy to Lexi)

I used a 8x12 glass pan, that way the biscuits cooked just fine....

It's pretty darn close to pizza to me!!!!
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

23. Post

Hi Lori T [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

You will love this [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Cathy (mommy to Lexi)

stickchick2b Guest

This was easy and delicious !! My husband loved it !! It is definitly a keeper !! Thanks so much for sharing [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    stickchick

I have a very similar recipe called pop up pizza that was from pampered chef. I love it! It makes such a thick pizza.
    254/224/154

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast