2 cans stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
    1 4 ounce can tomato paste
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    1 1/2 cups nonfat ricotta cheese
    vegetable cooking spray
    12 lasagna noodles, cooked
    1 cup provolone cheese, shredded

Cook turkey sausage in a large saucepan over medium heat until browned, stirring to crumble sausage. Drain; wipe drippings from pan with a paper towel. Return sausage to skillet. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add Burgundy and next 4 ingredients; stir well. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and set aside. Combine parsley and next 3 ingredients; stir well, and set aside. Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13-x 9- x 2-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture, top noodles with 2 cups tomato mixture, half of the ricotta cheese mixture, and 1/3 cup shredded provolone cheese. Repeat the layers, beginning and ending with noodles. Spread the remaining 1 1/2 cups tomato mixture over noodles, and sprinkle with the remaining 1/3 cup provolone cheese. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.

249 cal, 12 g fat, 1 gr fiber

Thanks for the recipe. I can't wait to try this one.

This looks great!
    I have a couple of questions:
    Is it really 5 1/2 cups of onions?
    Is it 2 "cans" of stewed tomatoes?
    Thanks!

Yes the recipe says 5 1/2 cups but I think that is a bit much. Probably a typo and I would use 1 1/2 cups. And, yes it is 2 CANS stewed tomatoes.

Hope this helps!

Sure does!! Thanks a bunch! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    OP 2/4/02<br />SW 275.5<br />CW 230.5<br />Goodbye 45 Lbs.!!

Hey folks!

Made this this weekend and !wow! Had company over and wanted to serve something great and yet low in points. I actually had half of a full piece which made it three...yes, 3! points. For lasagna...I could not believe it. And it tasted great. Try it, please! You will not be disappointed. Oh yeah, also served salad with Dorothy Lynch Salad Dressing which is 1 opint per serving and extremely great and had a basket of garlic toast on the side. Salad was 1 point! I had a great dinner for 4 points and that gaveme room for a glass of wine. Yippee! [img]graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Replies

Hi Toddswife,
    I made your lasagna recipe tonight. I had to substitute low fat mozzarella for the provolone cause I didn't have any and I could only find part skim ricotta,so I have to recalculate the points, but it was great! DH and DDs loved it. I think next time I make it I will use 1 can of stewed tomatoes and 1 can chopped tomatoes instead cause it was a little sweet, but it was really good and very filling. We had a salad with it and some small italian rolls. (I gave up wine for lent- have to wait for after Easter to have a glass with this)I will definately make this again! Thanks so much for the recipe,
    Susan
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Replies

This recipe sounds "FABU"! I will make it the next time our best friends come over for dinner (also OP) and we definately will enjoy wine with our dinner [img]graemlins/clown.gif[/img]
    Beki
    The Weight Watchers Queen<br />-- I earned my crown, you can too!!!<br />s148.5/g119/c113.5

WOW! My family will LOVE this. I have almost everything to make it.

Thank you..thank you.... [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

stickchick2b Guest

Thanks, I can't wait to try this yum [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    stickchick2b

Replies

Looks yummy!! I love Lasagna!!

Wonder how many pts it would be without the meat??

THanks for posting this recipe!!
    ~~April~~<br /><br />The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, but in what direction we are moving. <br />-- Oliver Wendell Holmes <br /><br />HW 325<br />SW 311<br />cw 280.8<br />GW 145

12. Post

Hey, I recognize this recipe...it's from an old Cooking Light and I have been making it for years! It's truly great!
    191/156/135ish<br />5'4"