1 C. Fat Free Ricotta Cheese
    1 C. Fat Free Cottage Cheese
    2 tsp. dried basil
    2 tsp. garlic powder
    1 tsp. dried oregano
    1 tsp. dried parsley
    12 oz. macaroni dumplings
    8 oz. part-skim mozzerella cheese

Brown hamburger, rinse, and drain. Return to skillet ( I have a very large skillet. If you don't, a large pot will also work.) Add both tomato sauces, spices, and the ricotta and cottage cheese. Add the macaroni dumplings and 3 cups of hot water. Stir and let come to a boil. Cook until the macaroni is tender (about 12-15 minutes). Stir in ricotta and cottage cheeses and return to a simmer. Top with mozerella chees and let cheese melt.

This recipe makes 10-1 cup servings easily! I am very satisfied with one cup and a salad. Using the leanest beef I can find (Laura's or ground sirloin), I come up with 7.7 pts. per serving (I count it as 8). You could lower this even more by using fat free mozarrella and maybe lean ground turkey, but my family doesn't like it as well. You could also lower the points (and increase the number of servings) by adding some veggies--mushrooms, some onion, some canned tomatoes, maybe even some shredded or diced zucchini. I just posted the recipe my family likes--if you want to experiment a little, go ahead! I also love basil and garlic, so you could reduce the amounts you use of those, too.
    SW: 248.4<br />5/4--243.0 -5.4<br />Total lost in May: -12.2<br /><br />6/7--235.8 -.4<br /><br /><br />1st mini goal: - 10 lbs. met goal 5/18!!<br />Next mini goal - 15 lbs. 2.4 to go!<br /><br />1st 10%: -24 11.4 to go!

Replies

Sounds great! I will definitely try it!
    Jenn

The skillet lasagna sounds great, but please tell me what is a "macaroni dumpling" ?

Replies

Macaroni dumplings are similar to egg noodles, but they have no egg. They are packaged like egg noodles, though, and in stores in Louisville, they are usually in the same area. I can't remember the brand name, but they look like little "ruffled" egg noodles. If you can't find them, you can substitute egg noodles if you'd like, just check the points, because they might make the point value different.
    Terry
    SW: 248.4<br />5/4--243.0 -5.4<br />Total lost in May: -12.2<br /><br />6/7--235.8 -.4<br /><br /><br />1st mini goal: - 10 lbs. met goal 5/18!!<br />Next mini goal - 15 lbs. 2.4 to go!<br /><br />1st 10%: -24 11.4 to go!

Replies

Default Re: Easy skillet lasagna--8 pts per cup

Bumping, 'cause the search option didn't find it and I've been lookign for it!
    Jeannette

"I have searched for the phrase "I shall walk the Earth and my hunger will know no bounds", but I keep getting redirected to Weight Watchers." Ianto Jones, Torchwood

kaydoe Guest

YUM...Tons of leftovers! BUMP!

Replies

~~bumpity bump~~
    (Momma25) Momma to five
    http://www.realfoodliving.com
    In remission from Acute Leukemia
    Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!
    218/in-between/125