Thread: Spinach Feta and Goat Cheese Pizza - YUMMY!

Okay, if you are a cheese-lover like my DH and I, you will LOVE this pizza! I made it this weekend and it was so YUMMY!!!!!

Spinach, Feta, and Goat Cheese Pizza

Ingredients:
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    4 cloves garlic, minced
    1 10-ounce bag fresh spinach, washed, stems removed, and torn into small pieces
    4 tablespoons soft goat cheese
    2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
    1 14-ounce flatbread pizza shell
    4 medium tomatoes, sliced one-quarter inch thick
    1 teaspoon Italian seasoning Olive oil or vegetable oil spray
    6 tablespoons fresh, shredded Parmesan cheese
    2 ounces (4 tablespoons) feta cheese

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Heat oil in wok or large frying pan. Sauté garlic until tender. Add spinach and sauté until just wilted. Drain in a colander. Using the back of a wooden spoon, press excess moisture out of spinach mixture. Spoon spinach mixture into medium size bowl. Set aside.
    In another small bowl, combine goat cheese, basil and Parmesan cheese. Blend. Add to spinach and combine well. Spoon evenly over the bottom of the pizza shell. Set aside.

Spray sliced tomatoes with olive oil or vegetable oil spray and sprinkle with Italian seasoning. Place on hot grill or in broiler and brown for approximately one minute on each side. Placed grilled tomatoes on top of spinach pizza. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake pizza for 12 minutes or until center of pie is hot and bubbly.

Makes eight large slices.

Nutrition Information:
    Per slice:
    Calories: 216
    Fat: 6 grams
    Saturated fat: 2.5 grams
    Cholesterol: 13 milligrams
    Sodium: 466 milligrams
    Fiber: 2 grams

I figured this out to be 4 points per slice, so I could have 2 slices for only 8 points! Very yummy and filling!

Enjoy!
    Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Christine - Thank you-thank you-thank you.

This recipe looks fabulous. I am going to make it for dinner Friday night. I will let you know what we all think.

Instead of buying the flat pizza shell, like Boboli, I have a real pizza machine.
    I have a regular pizza dough I buy locally. It is only 3-points for 1/4 of a whole pizza and the crust is delicious. The pizza machine sits on the top of my countertop and cooks away. In the case of your recipe, I will use my own dough and your ingredients. Everything goes into the machine, and voila - in 23 minutes I have pizza that everyone thinks I went out to get. In fact, I have copied a local pizza, that no one in my family could live without. Since I got my machine no one asks for the take out pizza anymore. A friend of my even got me a stack of restaurant pizza boxes that I can use when I make the pizzas and bring them to friends.

Anyway - I can tell my machine is going to be really compatible with your recipe. I will let you know how everything come out.

Dawna p.s. Let me know if anyone wants info. on the pizza machine.
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Christine . this looks awesome . can't wait to try it . Question though . . is the flatbread pizza crust a Boboli as Legal referred to?

If not, what brand would you suggest?

Susan

I used the boboli thin crust pizza shell - it was all I could find and I figured it out that it was 2 points for an 1/8 of the crust so that should fit the total points for the recipe.

Hope you like it!
    Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

I made this tonight and it was delicious!! Tasted like a gourmet pizza and very impressive looking. A keeper! Thanks, Christine!! Did you make this one up?

Susan

Hi Susan,

I'm glad you liked it - I was hoping people would. It is definitely going to be a regular dish at my house! DH loved it too!

I found the recipe (I wish I could take credit for it ) on another website: http://thriveonline.oxygen.com/nutri..._gcpizza.html. I haven't made any of the other recipes there, but I may have to try them since this one was SO good!

Christine
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Bumping up
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

Bumping this one up ... had it for dinner tonight! SO GOOD!!!!!
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

Bumping up for dinner tonight! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)

10. Post

I would like more information on the pizza machine.
    Debbie B.

Default Re: Spinach Feta and Goat Cheese Pizza - YUMMY!

Bumping up for dinner tomorrow night ~ one of our faves!
    208.2/169.5/144
    SW/CW/WW Goal (PG TBD)