Thread: Bread machine pizza crust

Jill Guest

If you like a thin and crispy crust and enjoy topping your pizza your way try this.

1 cup tepid water
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp sugar
    1 table spoon olive oil
    2 cups regular flour
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1 package dry active yeast

load these into your bread machine in the same order listed and set your machine to dough only. For mine that goes for 90 minutes. When done from the machine remove and put in a bowl, cover with saran and let rest for 30 min, it may rise again. Remove and divide in half. Each half will make a thin crust for a 10-12 inch pizza pan or pizza stone. Top with your favorite fixings and bake at 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes. In my oven I had to put one pan on each rack so I switched them halfway through.

Total points for the crust 30, divide by number of servings or cuts.

I had 2 slices for 3 points each including toppings, sauce, low fat mozarella cheese, red pepper, mushrooms, banana pepper rings and eggplant.

This is not a chewy dough but thin and crispy similar to one of Pizza Huts varieties, which is how DH and I like our pizza. To make a thicker pizza, make only one pan with the whole recipe and adjust the points.

[This message has been edited by Jill (edited 01-30-2001).]

This sounds great. Just one question - is it 30 points for the whole recipe or is it 30 points per half?

Thanks.

Jill Guest

Chris, This month's WW magazine had a similar pizza crust recipe, I have to douvle check when I get home.

Anyway, their recipe didn't use the WW flour, only 3 cups of regular flour and it comes to 32 points total for the 2 crusts. So I guess my point figuring was pretty good. It is 30 for the whole recipe.

In the WW magazine it gives a point count of 4 points for a quarter of a 12 inch pie.

Toppings not included.

up
    Pam, wrkinmomtoo<br />It's not a diet; it's a lifestyle!<br />I deserve to BE my best, LIVE my best, CHOOSE my best<br />04.25.00: 211.5 - Lifetime:09.01.01 - Lost: 68.3lbs