Thread: muffin

I'm looking for a good bran muffin recipe.. [img]smile.gif[/img] cindyclarke14@hotmail.com

Triple B Muffins

1 medium banana
    2 cups All-Bran cereal (you can also use Extra Fiber All-Bran, or Fiber One)
    1 tsp vanilla
    1 1/4 cups skim milk (I've also used soy milk)
    1/4 cup Egg Beaters
    1 1/4 cup reduced fat Bisquick
    1 tsp cinnamon (I like a little more)
    1/3 cup dark brown sugar
    1 cup blueberries (I've also used raspberries and blackberries and a combo)

Instructions:
    Pre heat oven to 400. In a medium bowl, mash banana and add All Bran, the milk,
    the vanilla and the egg beaters. Set add to soak. In a small bowl mix the
    Bisquick, the spice and the brown sugar; add to the wet ingredients and stir
    until just combined. Do not overmix. Fold in fruit. Spray muffin tin with Pam
    and fill muffins cups. (They will be fairly full) Bake for 20 minutes. Remove
    cooked muffins and cool. The muffins are soft when they come from the pan, but
    firm up. Yield: 12 muffins.....1.5pts each (the points vary a littel depending
    on which cereal you use, but are never more than 2pts/each, and can be as
    little as 1 pt.)

Hope you enjoy these!! They are really good! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!

These are very good ( 1 PT) Muffins. I have used 1 1/2 cups all bran and 1/2 cup oatmeal.This makes them not quite as Branny( new word LOL) I like the original But Hubby thought they had to much bran. so thats why I tried the oatmeal.
    Dawn

* Exported from MasterCook *

Low Fat Bran Muffins

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1/2 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    2 cups all-Bran® Cereal
    1 1/2 cups nonfat milk
    1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
    1 each egg white
    1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1/2 cup dried cranberries

heat oven 400 º F. Mix flour,baking powder,baking soda and cinnamon in large boowl. Mix cereal, milk,and sugar in another bowl: LET STAND 5 MIN. Stir in egg and applesauce. Add to flour mixture;stir just til moistened.(Batter will be lumpy) Use 1/3 measuring cup to fill 12 Muffin pans that have been sprayed. Bake 18-20 Minutes

Description:
    "Bread/Muffins"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 102 Calories; 1g Fat (4.0% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 24g Carbohydrate; 4g Dietary Fiber; 1mg Cholesterol; 177mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

SuzyQ99 Guest

These sound great!! I've made the triple B muffins before, and those turned out pretty good, but were around a point a piece.. I would LOVE to make ones that were only 1/2 a point a piece!! Thanks sandi!

I make these all the time, I just made a double batch with banana yogurt and craisins (really yummy), only 1/2 pt. per muffin!

Bran Muffins: 4 of these full-size muffins are only 2 Points
    Nonstick Cooking Spray
    1 cup unprocessed wheat bran [Hodgson Mill brand]
    1 (6 oz) fat-free, sugar-free yogurt (any flavor) [use the ones around 90 calories - good flavors are banana cream, chocolate forest, caramel]
    2/3 cup dry nonfat milk
    1/2 cup applesauce
    5 tbsp raisins [or other dried fruit, I like craisins]
    3 tbsp flour
    1 tsp each baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon
    3 pkg sugar substitute
    1 tbsp vanilla [optional]
    Mix all together. Spray 12 muffin tin with nonstick spray. Spoon batter evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes. SERVING SIZE: 4 muffins (Yes, you heard it right) POINTS: 2
    SW 222.4 (3-23-02)<br />CW 154.2<br />GW 164<br />First 10% and ONEDERLAND 5-18-02<br />25# magnet 5-25-02<br />50# magnet 9-07-02<br />MADE GOAL - 11/30/02<br />MADE LIFETIME - 1/11/03<br /><br />*******<br />Remember the 5 P's - <br />"Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!"<br />*******<br />"If you think you can or you can't...you're right!"

Replies

Grandma Sandi,
    I made your muffin recipe with rasberry yogurt and cherry craisins, and it was very yummy! When I calculated the points, though, I came up with 10.6 for the recipe which would make 4 muffins come in at 3 points, not 2. My yogurt was 90 calories. Am I figuring this wrong? I was thinking that maybe it's because of the cap on the fiber.

Thanks in advance,
    Cheryl

Did you use unsweetened applesauce? I got the recipe from this site and when I added mine up it came to .6 pts. per muffin.
    SW 222.4 (3-23-02)<br />CW 154.2<br />GW 164<br />First 10% and ONEDERLAND 5-18-02<br />25# magnet 5-25-02<br />50# magnet 9-07-02<br />MADE GOAL - 11/30/02<br />MADE LIFETIME - 1/11/03<br /><br />*******<br />Remember the 5 P's - <br />"Proper Planning Prevents Poor Performance!"<br />*******<br />"If you think you can or you can't...you're right!"

Replies

Yep.. I did use unsweetened applesauce. I got the points for the applesauce from the ww food companion. I'll go back and re-calculate. Regardless, I'm looking forward to making them again!! Thanks for your response.
    Cheryl