Thread: Wheat Pizza dough

Does anyone have a recipe for wheat pizza dough? I thought I saw one here somewhere, but I can't seem to find it. I would appreciate the help. Thanks
    Dani

Is this the one you want I copied this from the ww community swap.Not my recipe.

community recipe swap: Main Meals
    12" Pizza Crust for 6 Pt.
    From the kitchen of RNBOS2YOU

servings | 6
    estimated POINTS per serving | 1
    course | Main Meals

Ingredients

12" PIZZA CRUST FOR 6 Pt.

(Makes one 12" diameter crust without toppings.)

Ingredients:

8 slices California Style Complete Protein Bread (by Alvarado St. Bakery, or Trader Joe's)
    1/2 cup All Bran Cereal with Extra Fiber
    3 TB all purpose flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1/4 cup fat free milk
    1 TB vinegar or lemon juice
    3/4 cup warm water

Instructions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the milk, vinegar and water. Set aside.

Tear up bread slices into chunks and put into a food processor with the other dry ingredients. Process into medium-fine crumbs. Add the liquid mixture and process until crumbs are evenly moistened.

Coat a 12" pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray. Spread and lightly press the moist crumb mixture into the sprayed pan. Spray surface of crust lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-bake crust in preheated oven for 15-20 min. Remove pre-baked crust from oven.

1/6 crust without toppings: 104 cal, 1.5 g fat, 4.8 g fiber.
    WW points per 1/6 crust without toppings: 1 point.

To finish the pizza: Increase oven temp to 450 degrees. Fill the pre-baked crust with your choice of sauce and topping ingredients. Spray surface of topping lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Return pizza to oven. Bake filled pizza at 450 degrees for 10-15 min. Slice and serve.

Special Notes

This recipe is my own creation, a hearty, high-fiber, whole-grain pizza crust that tastes like bakery crust -- but without any kneading and rising.

The bread used in this recipe is a firm-textured, organic, sprouted-grain, sliced loaf that contains 60 cal, 1 gm fat, 2 gm fiber per slice. While it's possible to substitute any similar bread, point counts and results may vary. I have no affiliation with any of the brand names/ingredients in my recipe.
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

Replies

I posted a whole wheat pizza dough a while back. It is really easy and doesn't take long to make:
    1 c very warm water
    4 tsp dry active yeast
    2 tsp sugar
    1 1/2 c whole wheat flour
    1 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 475 degrees F
    Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and add the sugar. Let it sit 10 minutes in a warm draft free place to proof. After 10 minutes mix in the salt and flour. I whisk it lightly to thoroughly mix all ingredinets together. Cover and place in draft free warm place to rise for 10 minutes.
    Spray a 9x12 inch or 2-8 inch cake pans with nonstick cooking spray. Scrape dough onto pan with a spatula sprayed with nonstick spray. Press into pan with spatula or sprayed hands. Add your toppings and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
    I prebake my crusts earlier in the day and then take them out of the pans and top and cook on a pizza stone for a crunchy bottom. This makes a deep dish type of crust. It also makes great breadsticks. Just sprinkle the dough with italian spices and a little parmesan before you bake.
    Original recipe said it was only 8 points for the whole crust, but when I put it into Master Cook it came out to 12 points. Check the points for your flour. They vary. Hope this helps.
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145