Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat Free Banana Bread

Though the recipe looked good, my batch was very dry - probably from the lack of oil and whole eggs. I'm sticking with the real thing and will compensate the point difference.
    Anne

Replies

Pulling up!!
    (Momma25) Momma to five
    http://www.realfoodliving.com
    In remission from Acute Leukemia
    Diabetic, low GI and no FRANKENFOODS!
    218/in-between/125

Yehudit Guest

Laurie,

Thanks for this wonderful recipe. My whole family and I just love it!

Yehudit

WCFD52 Guest

THIS IS GREAT STUFF. I also made the changes to Whole Wheat and soyflour, splenda and I even used Sweet N Low Brown Sugar substitute and unsweetened applesauce. I figured the total points to be 13.5 so you can slice it up any way you like and figure out the points that way. I did 10 slices so they are a little bigger and will count it for 1.5 points each or 2.5 for 2 slices if I can't resist!! Unlike a previous member, my batch was very moist and delicious - I will never eat the full fat version again. Thanks Laurdee for the original post.

I made the mistake of baking this while I was exercising and instead of Walking Away the Pounds I kept wanting to Walk into the Kitchen!!! But I was a good BCB and finished my workout before I indulged .

[img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

I made this based on the changes cybergrany made and it sooo good! I make them into mini loaves and count them as 3 pts. Great snack or breakfast! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Sincerely,
    Carla
    ~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

I made this a few days ago. It was awesome- 2 thumbs up here. I didn't bake it quite as long as directed due to my goofy oven. It was very moist & didn't taste low-fat or fat-free. My old banana bread recipe was easily 5 pts/ slice! This is a keeper! Thank you.
    Lori

start 208
    current 193
    goal ww 158
    goal personal 148
    highest 242

"Don't tell God how big the storm is, instead tell the storm how big your God is."

Replies

I made this last week and its awesome! Even my partner and my step son loved it.

So easy to make and tastes and smells great.

Its a keeper for sure.

Cattieee [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img]

This looks like a tasty recipe, but isn't it 3 points? According to my points slide and an online calculator (http://www.io.com/~ocrow/java/pointcalc.html) it comes to exactly 3 points a slice.

cal 130
    fat 0
    fiber 1

Cheryl
    "You pile up enough tomorrows, and you'll find you are left with nothing but a lot of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you, but I'd like to make today worth remembering." Harold Hill, The Music Man

Replies

Odd? On my WW electronic points calculator, it comes out to 2 points...on my "online" points calculator, it comes out to 2 points...on my cardboard points slider, it comes out to 2 points....BUT, on the calculator that YOU have the addy to, it did come out to 3 points! Hmmmm...anyone out there have any ideas?
    Be careful of your thoughts, for your thought become your words.
    Be careful of your words, for your words become your actions.
    Be careful of your actions, for your actions become your habits.
    Be careful of your habits, for your habits become your character.
    Be careful of your character, for your character becomes your destiny.
    Author unknown

http://laurdee.blogspot.com

* Exported from MasterCook *

Fat Free Banana Bread

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup sugar -- white
    1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon -- ground
    2 medium egg white
    1 cup banana -- mashed
    1/4 cup apple sauce

Description:
    "Bread"
    Yield:
    "1 loaf"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 126 Calories; trace Fat (1.7% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 29g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 113mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

I just put this in Master Cook again and only a little difference from Lauries original recipe maybe because I put in med. sized egg.
    I only have a paper slider and I get 2 pts .

Dawn
    "When we go back to the Old way of eating ,
    we go back to the Old weight...." Author Unknown
    Dawn

WOW WOW WOW! :eek: I just made this, using Cybergranny's substitutions, and it is INCREDIBLY good! I cut the loaf into 12 slices so it comes to 1 point per slice.

VERY moist. I was a little disappointed that it didn't rise up higher in the pan, but once I tasted it, I didn't care!

I'll have to be careful with this stuff around, could turn into a "red light" food for me! [img]graemlins/sobbing.gif[/img]

Char

tinka Guest

my dd and I were both impressed with this recipe. I had made it before and dd said it tasted good but felt 2pts for such a small slice wasn't worth it (at least to have as a regular low point find). Then my dd made the recipe with Cybergranny's substitions so it was 1pt a slice. It turned out VERY GOOD! I highly recommend this recipe to anyone, especially with the substitutions to make it 12 servings @1pt each.

Replies

Made this bread last week using Cybergranny's changes to lower the points. It did not rise very high but was very tasty. I like to have a slice of it in the morning with a TB of lite cream cheese and a home made latte. It really fills me up.
    SW 251.5/CW 241.5/GW 145

Replies

Moving up.
    Selma/Shana1
    Highest weight, 350# 1992
    Started WW, 7/6/01
    303.6/218.4/under 215
    100#s gone, 5/15/06
    "If you need a friend, I'm sailing right behind. Like a bridge over troubled waters, I will ease your mind." Courtesy of Paul Simon

1stsoprano Guest

I made this last week and just wanted to add my praise for this one!! It is just as good as any other banana bread I've ever had...but just as addictive!

Replies

I made this bread and it's great! Tasty and moist! But...I calculated points on an item by item basis, both the original recipe and the changes Cybergrannie made and came up with 2 points @ slice. Still...a deal!

This couldn't have come up at a better time. I was looking for a banana bread recipe without nuts or raisins. My dd won't eat either of them. I can't wait to try it.

I LOVE banana bread! But, about how many bananas equal 1 cup? (I just tossed out 4 ripe ones today because my favorite recipe was too high fat!)
    You are what you eat!<br /><br />*********************************

WCFD52 Guest

Texas Mom -

I normally buy very small bananas that would be 1 point each and it takes 2.5 or 3 of them to make a cup of mashed banana. So probably 1 or 1.5 of a normal size banana would be perfect.

If you haven't made this yet - it is a must. I absolutely love it warmed up with a little ICBINB spray - YUM!!!

Shannon [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Just came across this recipe and can't wait to try it cause I love banana bread and always have overripe bananas to get rid of...can someone tell me is the applesauce you use unsweetened one? Just want to know before I go look for some. Thanks.
    Gayle

WCFD52 Guest

I use unsweetened applesauce because it is less points than regular, but you could use either and just adjust the points accordingly.

Replies

Okay, I've never made banana bread before, but I LOVE it, so I'm going to try this one. But I have a question:

Do you have to use "very ripe" bananas, or can I use a banana that just has yellow skin?
    Amy
    Lifetimer since 9/12/2001
    WW goal: 130
    Current weight: 128

WCFD52 Guest

Hi Amy -

I have used both and this bread always comes out great - most people just think of using ripe bananas for baking since they probably wouldn't eat them and don't want to throw them away. But by all means don't wait for them to get brown - enjoy this great recipe NOW!!

bump
    Maureen
    235/186.2/155
    Made Goal 1/26/05
    Made Lifetime 3/9/05

Getting healthy is hard but NOT impossible!!!

I'm glad someone bumped this up. This happens to be my DH's fav. banana bread recipe, and what a beautiful aroma in your kitchen while it is baking!

Thanks, Laurdee!!!!! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img]

Dawna
    "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone". - Bill Cosby

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast