Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mmmmm! GLOP!!!!

Replies

I like it cold, Shannon, (with a toasted corn tortilla, broken for chips) AND warm! Haven't had it inside a warm tortilla yet, but I imagine it would be fab-u-lous! [img]smile.gif[/img]

For GUYS...I can see it in the center of a dip plate, surrounded by toasted pitas or toasted corn tortillas. (I used to make this SuperBowl dip...a manly-dip ...made with ground beef and melted high-fat cheeses and spicy tomato juice and it looked as "glop-py" as this GLOP does! [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

I'm sure it would go down in points using NF cottage cheese. And I KNOW I'm using cooked bulgar instead of rice next time: half the points of rice! "How LOW can we go?! :eek: " But I don't have time to put it into MasterCook right now. Considering my timely disadvantage of being NEW to it...! [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Carol
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Carol: I have complete faith in you! Once you get into that program and start navigating yourself around in it, there'll be no stopping you!! And you can become the official Points Meister for the BCB recipe boards!!
    JeanetteSki

Replies

Oh Jeanette...! I hope your faith in me is well-founded...

I do GREAT when I've got kids around to "help" me...but I'm on-my-own now. And I'm stumbling and bumbling...but LEARNING!! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] Carol

Thank you, thank you for saving me, the starving newbie!! I was reluctant to eat ANYTHING - my first week here - found these recipes, and yum!! AND easy to-boot! I love it! My husband enjoyed it too, and yep, it looks gross, but very tasty! Thanks, I feel normal again with something good to eat!

FirstCavWife Guest

Cracker,
    I'm so glad you liked it!!!!! It really is a great 'fast food' that really healthy!!! It's our favorite 'handy food' here....besides fruit.
    What board are you on?
    -Dawn

Shannon mentioned this on the 30's board today so I'm here to print it and will try it over the weekend. I'm with Shannon that if I can look at the chocolate pumpkin oatmeal and eat it - I should be good to go with this one! I will run it through the WW on-line calculator using bulgar and ff cottage cheese.

Gina
    Gina
    5/7
    SW 175 07/02
    Goal 150 09/2003
    Now 155

www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

Okay, I ran it through WW on-line calculator like this:

26 oz Salsa
    1 Cup cooked bulgar
    24 oz ff cottage cheese
    1 C Morningstar Farms burger crumbles

8 servings at 2 pts each

The calculator did not have Boca Crumbles as a choice so I had to use the Morningstar Farms crumbles to figure the points.

Gina
    Gina
    5/7
    SW 175 07/02
    Goal 150 09/2003
    Now 155

www.picturetrail.com\gina.1

"You have to have confidence in your ability and then be tough enough to follow through." Rosalynn Carter

Replies

Thanks, Gina!!

And since mine measured out to 8 3/4 C., you get SLIGHTLY over one cup for a 2 point serving!!

Sounds like a deal!! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] Carol

FirstCavWife Guest

Are those GLOP calculations correct?? Salsa is free!
    -Dawn

Replies

I'd like to try this but don't like cottage cheese....so does it taste really cottage cheesey? TIA

Kim
    Restart 02/25/2012 at 268

FirstCavWife Guest

NO...it doesn't taste cottage cheesey at all. The salsa leads the way in the taste department.
    -Dawn

SewCrazy Guest

I have another option for the ground "meat". I use the Yves Veggie Ground Round. A 1/3 cup (55 g) serving is 60 calories 0 Fat and 3 Fiber. I get it in the vegetarian area of the Produce Department.

Not sure how that affects the points though.

Linda

Replies

I think if a person doesn't like cottage cheese, they might not like this...!

You can cut the recipe in 1/2 or 1/4s or 1/8ths to test it out~ Carol

14. Post

I guess since my Buddies in the 30's group tried it and liked it and I know my hubby is willing to try anything!!! I will try this soon!!! [img]graemlins/bcbsalute.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wave.gif[/img] Sounds kinda gross but will try it anyway...You just never know!!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    <b>Cathy (mommy to Lexi and Sean)</b><br /><br />(5'and Petite)... SW-125.6 CW-<b>100</b> WW-113 <br /><br />MADE LIFETIMER 6/24/02!!!!!!! =)<br /><br /><b>NEVER give up on your dreams</b>

Okay, I am just getting around to see what's new while I've been gone and this one is for me.

My kids always had a couple of friends over for dinner every night when they were growing up. Our house was sort of a gathering place. When they all got grown, they finally got up the nerve to tell me that the reason they loved to come to my house for dinner was that I was always making some of the gloppiest looking food that tasted better than anything their mothers could make.

Truth was it was cheaper! With four kids and at least two extras (and football players at that), DH and I had to figure out a way to cut the food budget!

So, long story longer, because of the name, I have to try this.... TONIGHT!!!!! I will let you know what I think tomorrow.
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

Oh my yes, it was very tasty and hubby really liked it (of course I didn't tell him it had cottage cheese in it! I can't believe that he didn't figure it out!)

This one is a keeper for sure and would be great for a crowd.
    Barbara
    ~~~~~~~~
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/cybergranny49/sets/
    original starting weight 270
    returned to WW Oct. 12, 2005
    241.4/142/155
    Celebrate what you've accomplished, but raise the bar a little higher each time you succeed.

FirstCavWife Guest

CyberGranny!
    Wait until you tell the kids that you are making GLOP....for REAL! LOLOLOL!!!!
    I'm glad it has the Official CyberGranny Seal of Approval!!!
    -Dawn

Replies

Dawn, I made this and it was AWESOME! For someone who hates cottage cheese(me) I didn't even know it was there! my DH has devoured almost the whole thing! He rolls it in ff tortillas or dips with the baked tostidos! Thanks for sharing!!

Kim

FirstCavWife Guest

Kim,
    I have a couple of questions for you.
    First, is hubby OP, or did he just like it no matter what? Second, how did y'all eat it?
    Third, so would you recommend it to Cottage Cheese haters, or do you think you know the cottage cheese is there? I LOVE cottage cheese, so I'm not a fair judge of that.
    -Dawn

Replies

HI Dawn....1st DH is NOT OP, just eating regular, although he is starting to pay attention to fat and cholesterol content in foods. DH ate it wrapped in FF tortillas and also with baked tostidos as a "dip", I ate it as a dip with the baked tostidos, haven't gotten up the nerve to try tortillas yet.LOL

YES, I would definitely recommend to cottage cheese haters! I HATE cottage cheese, but could not tell it was in there! It didn't have the cottage cheesey taste at all!

Also, I added some crushed red pepper to make it hotter since I used mild salsa!

Kim

Replies

You're all right -- it DOES sound gross, and I can't wait to try it! Looks like a grocery trip tomorrow...

Now where would I find that chocolate pumpkin oatmeal you mentioned? Time to see if I can figure out how to search, I think!

I tried this over the weekend. I knew I would love it, cause everything I like are the ingredients that make up this horribly ugly master piece....LOL!!
    I only made a half batch, I was certain my 2 toddlers would not touch it!! WRONG! they nearly ate the whole bowl. So I made another batch.
    I made the version that uses TVP and I forgot the rice when I went to store. We ate it with baked tostitos.
    Now to see if my hubby will eat it when he gets back from Texas tomorrow.
    To everyone who's afraid...just try a half batch and you never know you might like it!!!
    Sincerely,
    Carla
    ~Food wasted is better than food waisted!

~Iceberg lettuce is perhaps the most aptly named plant in the world and should be avoided as though you were the Titanic with a second chance.

Replies

OK, I had been looking at this since it was posted. It sounds disgusting. But I made it last night and it is delicious!!!!
    DH looked in the bowl and said "What is that?" He tried it and loved it. He said it would tasted good like a sloppy joe.
    I ate 1/2 cup in a ff taco size tortilla. I used Lauras lean beef and bulgur. So mine was 2 pts per 1/2 cup. I had 2 of these with some steamed veggies and it was a very filling 8 pt dinner.
    I ate dinner earlier than normal and didn't need a snack later.
    I am giving this a thumbs up! [img]graemlins/thumbup.gif[/img]
    Thanks Dawn!

Tam
    TBONE<br />*** *** *** ***<br />Do what you say, say what you mean.<br /> The Fix<br />Ya Ya Name<br />Viscountess Quick Rabbit <br /> <br />GW Size 8 Petite, Loosely! <br /><br />My Personal Goal: Lose inches, exercise 3-4 days a week and be HAPPY with who I am!

FirstCavWife Guest

YEAH!
    Another GLOP convert!!! You are right, it DOES sound disgusting......and it LOOKS worse than it sounds...if that's possible!!! But, there are only two things that count...What your Points Calculator says and What your tongue says!!!!
    I'm glad you and your hubby like it!!!
    -Dawn

Replies

Ok, I also hate cottage cheese, it just keeps growing on your plate. But since Kim said it was good and didn't taste like cottage cheese, I am going to buy the stuff tomorrow and try it. Will let you know.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast